Yet another iPhone....

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Yet another iPhone....

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
No idea hpw I missed this Shan, you'd be right to discuss thon wan to your heart's content. I share so many of her world views & fart in the face of blasphemy laws, probably the stupidest laws on any statute book.

Jehovah

There, I did it. :cheers:
Oh yes Baggy. I could discuss her good points all day. The bad points should take less than a few seconds. :D

Agreed too on the Blasphemy Laws. I consider them an affront to personal freedom and an evil blight on civilised society. Nobody has the right to not be offended and anybody who thinks they should have that right should immediately move themselves to a country with zero percent toleration of freedom of thought, choice and expression. The Democratic People's Republic of Korea would be a good place to start looking for property.....though you can happily achieve much of this while not straying outside supposed free states.

Poland is traditionally a conservative ultra-catholic country but I have dealings all day every day with my Polish friends and this kind of thinking is not really evident although a lot of them can be a bit on the reserved side. It is time their laws caught up with their changing society and it is time Ireland's did as well. If they were to try and prosecute every incidence of so-called blasphemy in Ireland they'd have to haul in half the fecking country I'd say.

Bunreacht na hÉireann, Article 40.6.1
6. 1° The State guarantees liberty for the exercise of the following rights, subject to public order and morality:

i. The right of the citizens to express freely their convictions and opinions.

The education of public opinion being, however, a matter of such grave import to the common good, the State shall endeavour to ensure that organs of public opinion, such as the radio, the press, the cinema, while preserving their rightful liberty of expression, including criticism of Government policy, shall not be used to undermine public order or morality or the authority of the State.

The publication or utterance of blasphemous, seditious, or indecent matter is an offence which shall be punishable in accordance with law.
Pathetic. The audacity to claim the preservation of liberty of expression while then outlawing expressing of blasphemous matter is a pure and utter hypocrisy. Why can't the state just stop poking its nose into private matters.

>TM
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Taxation

Taxation is legalised theft of your money,my money and company money, for the benefit of public servants to waste, in accordance to the wishes they impose on public representatives.

Discuss all three concepts included in the statement.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Welcome to hell: Apple vs. Google vs. Facebook and the slow death of the web.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/17/93389 ... of-the-web
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.