URSC AGM (2006) – Advance Information

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

URSC Secretary
Initiate

Post by URSC Secretary »

The Annual General Meeting of the Ulster Rugby Supporters Club will be held towards the end of March. The date will be confirmed to members shortly.

The closing date for nominations for election to the committee and for proposals to modify the Club Constitution are required to be received 3 weeks before the date of the AGM. The committee are informing members in advance of the formal announcement of the AGM to enable time for members to discuss nominations and/or changes to the constitution prior to the closing date.

A formal announcement of the closing date will also be made shortly. Meanwhile, members are advised to prepare towards a closing date of around the end of February.

The Rules:
To stand for election to the committee, members must have been in membership for 6 months prior to the closing date for nominations. This also applies to those who wish to nominate or second the nomination of a member as a candidate. Those nominating a candidate must have obtained the approval of the candidate. Those nominating or seconding may only endorse one other candidate. Multiple endorsements will deem all (such) nominations null and void. Failure to complete the nomination form in full will also render the nomination null and void.

Nomination forms are available from the Secretary at ulsterrugbysupportersclub@hotmail.com
These will be emailed (MS Word or MS Works format on request) or posted if preferred by individual members. They may also be collected from Ulster Rugby at the Ravenhill Office.

This is your opportunity to support the URSC by influencing the direction of the club for the next 1/2 years.

URSC Secretary
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

May I ask where a list of the rules may be found/ were they are published?
Thank you.
The trouble with referees is that they just don't care which side wins - Tom Canterbury.

Ulster proud sponsors of Comical Eddie! :roll:
craftynick
Warrior Chief
Location: The home of cheap sangria & cheaper men - Barcelona

Post by craftynick »

I just knew youd have to reply DB

can you not see the rules included in the post - dont seem that many to read even for you :lol:
How beatiful it is do nothing, and then rest afterward - Spanish proverb
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

craftynick wrote:I just knew youd have to reply DB

can you not see the rules included in the post - dont seem that many to read even for you :lol:
I just wondered where they are recorded. Thats all! :shock:
The trouble with referees is that they just don't care which side wins - Tom Canterbury.

dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

The full rules are as follows.

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/downloads/Co ... on-pdf.pdf

See Annex A.

jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

christmas comes 10 months early for dead-ball... :shock:
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Any member that would wish to stand for election at the forthcoming AGM and requires someone to propose or second them can contact me via pm if they wish.

Hope that the committee consider publishing details of those standing and what they stand for in advance of the AGM. Whilst this is something that wasn't required at last years election it was used previously in September when 4 other members were elected and could be considered useful to improve on the communication between the two.

I also recall at last years AGM a very valid point raised from the floor that one person didn't know any of the committee or what they stood for. If not mistaken this was conceded and indeed all the then members stood up and introduced themselves.

It may also get over issues as happened last year when a member stood for election at the AGM and was elected. He then failed to turn up at the next meeting and subsequently resigned. To this day I do not know who proposed or seconded him.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
pressbox
Warrior

Post by pressbox »

I am not a member....does that count me out then? :roll:
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Okay everyone please form an orderly queue! :lol:

pressbox
Warrior

Post by pressbox »

Did I miss something :shock:
Or did I start something :roll:
Or should I just reconsider :cry:
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Did I miss something :shock: - No, except for the fact that no one could be bothered running for a club that is now a complete joke with members. PM me if you would like to research the point.

Or did I start something :roll: - I doubt it!

Or should I just reconsider :cry: - Yes that might be good!

pressbox
Warrior

Post by pressbox »

Glad I asked :?
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

well, I thought about it in the past. And I wouldve stood, but living away frae home, would probably cause a few problems....
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

I wouldn't think it Fermain. What would it stop you doing? Announcing events and then canceling them at the last minute? You could do that. When reasonable questions are asked the general response is moronic. Once again ..... well you may have to go on special course for that one. You could maybe finally post some of the mysterious vanishing minutes.
I would certainly propose or second you!

pressbox
Warrior

Post by pressbox »

Being a new cub to the old forum and having read posts elsewhere, there is obviously a wee problem here.

however, at present, I do not want to stir the pot and am happy to stay from these things.

In saying that (as McCall does freqently), I would hate to see a good club and forum vanish because of whatever has happened in the past.

Is there a chance for a clean slate?
Or is it likely that whoever gets what position will still come under flack?