URSC AGM (2006) – Advance Information

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

pressbox wrote:
Is there a chance for a clean slate?
Or is it likely that whoever gets what position will still come under flack?
I reckon with the right committee it will start with an new slate.

Some problems IMHO still exist for this to happen though. For one, the choice could be extremely limited for officers of the club under the current constitution. Some changes may need to be tabled for a wider choice of candidate.

The current committee have chose to ignore much of the questions asked of them, this raises concerns over transparency amongst others.

One of the committee has had complaints made aginst him over his handling of the Maze issue in the Media. The committee's reaction is to ignore the concerns of the mebership, brush it under the carpet destroy all minutes of any meetings and appoint him Secretary. So all in all not a great state of affairs.
The trouble with referees is that they just don't care which side wins - Tom Canterbury.

Ulster proud sponsors of Comical Eddie! :roll:
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

A clean slate is the way forward, although the no. of members who complain about the Committee is actually very small. They post often here and it just looks like there is a big problem. Certainly things aren't perfect but we should be helping the Committee improve things instead of whinging and back-biting from a safe distance.
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

If thats what you think we should be doing why did you resign? Or is that your way of helping things?
The trouble with referees is that they just don't care which side wins - Tom Canterbury.

Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

DB - many of the regulars here know why I resigned. I have no intention of telling you any of my personal affairs. Suffice to say, it had nothing to do with any URSC matter.
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Well I am sure it's on the minutes of the meeting if they are ever found. Come to think of it Gary weren't you the Secretary before you resigned? Maybe you know where the minute books are.

You say 'things aren't perfect but we should be helping the Committee improve things instead of whinging and back-biting from a safe distance'.

But surely it is within the committee's power to prove themselves to the membership. Instead of ignoring issues when they arise they could be pro active and explain to the membership what happened and how they intend dealing with a given matter. Then the membership can have confidence in their club committee. The burden always seems to be put on those who have an issue with the club. Perhaps the burden should be shared by a committee that does little to engender trust.

Gary
Chancellor to the King

Post by Gary »

My reasons for resigning will not be in the minutes as I simply advised the Chairman I was resigning. Those reasons are personal and are absolutely no business of yours. Re the minute books - I wasn't the Minutes Secretary and therefore had nothing to do with that side of things. There is no point in going over this old ground once again. I f you look at my previous posts, you will see that I have strong feelings about publication of the minutes - but I was only one member of a Committee
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Strong feelings Gary?

With respect mate who cares! It has long been agreed that they would be made available. Infact it is the right of each member to inspect them.
Remember this?

http://www.ulsterrugby.ie/2612_2786.php

Gary
Chancellor to the King

Post by Gary »

Sorry, I thought you cared. That's why I have consistently tried to help you, and others, understand the real situation. No need for me to get further involved in your rants then.
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Gary wrote: That's why I have consistently tried to help you, and others,
Isn't it funny how your memory can play tricks with you Gary I know the truth about the Prawn Sandwich posts now. The truth outs eventually. A violation of data protection if I'm not mistaken, leave out the 'I tried to help' lines. :wink:

Gary
Chancellor to the King

Post by Gary »

DB, I have no idea who posted as Prawn Sandwich. Be careful about making accusations like breach of the Data Protection Act when you can't back them up.
If you think I posted as Prawn Sandwich, you are mistaken. Only ever posted as Gaz or URSC on Tour. DON'T MAKE ACCUSATIONS OR ELSE!!!!
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Or else what Gary? :shock: :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why do you assume it can't be backed up?

jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

gary???!!! ...prawn sandwich???!!! :shock:

he's more of a crab-fish and rocket on malted rye man :lol:

btw would you two get a room!!!!!! :shock:
Gary
Chancellor to the King

Post by Gary »

Go on DB - BACK IT UP THEN!!!!! Basically put up or shut up.

There is a simple reason I know it can't be backed up - cos I wasn't "Prawn Sandwich"

Seems you're getting a bit paranoid - the last I heard was that you thought Ballpark was Prawn Sandwich.

So come on - out with it. Try to back up your daft claims.

I'll not be bothering to respond to any more of your posts except any which continue this "Prwn Sandwich" nonsense.
Gary
Chancellor to the King

Post by Gary »

Jamesie - I have wanted this silly nonsense to stop for ages. But surely you agree that I have no choice but to respond to an accusation that I have broken the law. It's a claim which DB will not be able to substantiate.

I regret that things are moving in this direction on this mb and believe it should be stopped.
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

will you be requiring the services of Shotgun, Robber (etc. etc.) Gary? :roll: