Save the prom

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

beenout4adrink
Novice

Save the prom

Post by beenout4adrink »

Just opened an e-mail about renewal of my season ticket next year in"THE WEST TERRACE" this apparantly is what the powers that be have re-named "the prom".
I have stood on the prom man and boy for 30 years they cant just change the name without asking the suppoters who have dwelled there week in week out.
Remember what happened to the Marathon,Jif and opal fruits cant allow this to happen.

SAVE THE PROM :fleg: :fleg: :fleg:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Save the prom

Post by Snipe Watson »

Remember when the team was to be called the Ulster Braves?

They can call it what they like, we will call it the Prom and the Terrace.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

beenout4adrink wrote:Just opened an e-mail about renewal of my season ticket next year in"THE WEST TERRACE" this apparantly is what the powers that be have re-named "the prom".
I have stood on the prom man and boy for 30 years they cant just change the name without asking the suppoters who have dwelled there week in week out.
Remember what happened to the Marathon,Jif and opal fruits cant allow this to happen.

Who gives a flying fiddlers?
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

Russ wrote:Who gives a flying fiddlers?
+1

I wish I had so much time that I could spend it being precious.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Snipe Watson wrote:Remember when the team was to be called the Ulster Braves?

They can call it what they like, we will call it the Prom and the Terrace.
+1 :fleg:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

beenout4adrink wrote:Just opened an e-mail about renewal of my season ticket next year in"THE WEST TERRACE" this apparantly is what the powers that be have re-named "the prom".

You don't live in Comber by any chance :duck:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

With regard the Prom, its the most gawd awful viewing experience at Ravers. With the new influx of Prawn sandwich fans, I've had the priviledge of its substandard view a couple of times recently, to remind me how bad it is, and I'm 6'3 ffs. Even behind the posts gives a better view atm, and thats ground level. Overrated in comparison to the Terrace (my spiritual home). Hope the new layout does away with its arcane and archaic aspect. Call it what you want, as long as the fans now actually get value for money now...
Exterminate all rational thought
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

It all started to go pear shaped whne they pulled down Gushers wee wooden hut.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cornerfleg wrote:It all started to go pear shaped whne they pulled down Gushers wee wooden hut.
Good thing he saved his commentary notes

The prom sucks.

Long live the west terrace
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:With regard the Prom, its the most gawd awful viewing experience at Ravers. With the new influx of Prawn sandwich fans, I've had the priviledge of its substandard view a couple of times recently, to remind me how bad it is, and I'm 6'3 ffs. Even behind the posts gives a better view atm, and thats ground level. Overrated in comparison to the Terrace (my spiritual home). Hope the new layout does away with its arcane and archaic aspect. Call it what you want, as long as the fans now actually get value for money now...
Is the prom getting re-done to make it steeper and thus better view?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

HammerTime wrote:
CIMANFOREVER wrote:With regard the Prom, its the most gawd awful viewing experience at Ravers. With the new influx of Prawn sandwich fans, I've had the priviledge of its substandard view a couple of times recently, to remind me how bad it is, and I'm 6'3 ffs. Even behind the posts gives a better view atm, and thats ground level. Overrated in comparison to the Terrace (my spiritual home). Hope the new layout does away with its arcane and archaic aspect. Call it what you want, as long as the fans now actually get value for money now...
Yes.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

BR wrote:
HammerTime wrote:
Yes.

Really I thought it was staying open for the whole redevelopment?
Dura lex sed lex
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Thelaw wrote:
BR wrote: Yes.

Really I thought it was staying open for the whole redevelopment?
Prom to be reworked over the closed season and open again in time for the first match. The new old-stand will then be built behind the new-prom :cheers:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Agreed CIman, after many years i plan to relocate to the memorial stand.....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:With regard the Prom, its the most gawd awful viewing experience at Ravers. With the new influx of Prawn sandwich fans, I've had the priviledge of its substandard view a couple of times recently, to remind me how bad it is, and I'm 6'3 ffs....
You want to try being 5ft tall on the prom. It was ok in days gone by when we were lucky to get half a full house but you've NO chance of seeing anything now. And who really wants to get soaked to knickers standing there now anyway :stir:

I'm glad I moved to the stand and wouldn't swap it for anything (well other than the Memorial Stand next season lol).