Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

USA v Ireland

Post by Snipe Watson »

Olding starts @12
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Re: USA v Ireland

Post by Neil F »

I really don't see the point of Boss and Marshall being the scrum-halves for this game. Both are sub-international standard and are now old enough to never represent serious options for the future.
Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

Trimble missing out on squad is a joke
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Yeah im pretty drunk off at that.

Great for the other players especially Olding.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:Why? Andy T is a cracking player when used correctly. It may not be the way JS wants to play rugby.

Andy will finish his career with 50+ Ireland caps and many more for Ulster. Why is everyone getting pmt because he's not picked in the first match of a meaningless tour which incidentally is against the weakest team they'll play?

Sir, why do you think JS picked the team?
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

IRELAND Team & Replacements (v USA, BBVA Compass Stadium, Houston, Summer Tour Test, Saturday June 8, kick-off 7.45pm local time/1.45am Irish time):

Player/Club/Province/Caps -

15. Robbie Henshaw (Buccaneers/Connacht) *
14. Fergus McFadden (Old Belvedere/Leinster) 17
13. Darren Cave (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster) 3
12. Stuart Olding (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster) *
11. Simon Zebo (Cork Constitution/Munster) 5
10. Ian Madigan (Blackrock College/Leinster) 2
9. Isaac Boss (Terenure College/Leinster) 15
1. David Kilcoyne (UL Bohemians/Munster) 6
2. Richardt Strauss (Old Wesley/Leinster) 2
3. Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster) 29
4. Mike McCarthy (Buccaneers/Connacht) 10
5. Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster) 5
6. Iain Henderson (Ballynahinch/Ulster) 5
7. Chris Henry (Malone/Ulster) 6
8. Peter O'Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster) (capt) 14

Replacements:

16. Mike Sherry (Garryowen/Munster) *
17. Jamie Hagan (Old Belvedere/Leinster) *
18. Tom Court (Malone/Ulster) 30
19. Dan Tuohy (Ballymena/Ulster) 5
20. Tommy O'Donnell (UL Bohemians/Munster) *
21. Paul Marshall (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster) 1
22. Paddy Jackson (Dungannon/Ulster) 3
23. Felix Jones (Shannon/Munster) 3

* Denotes uncapped player

The Test match will be broadcast live on TG4 with the 'Rugbaí Beo' coverage getting underway at 1.20am (Sunday morning).

There will be a full replay of the game on TG4 later that day at 12.05pm. In America, the Universal Sports Network will be showing the Houston encounter live.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

USA Team

1. Shawn Pittman, 2. Chris Biller, 3. Eric Fry, 4. Brian Doyle, 5. Louis Stanfill, 6. Samu Manoa, 7. Scott LaValla, 8. Todd Clever (C);9. Mike Petri, 10. Toby L'Estrange, 11. Takudzwa Ngwenya, 12. Andrew Suniula, 13. Seamus Kelly, 14. Luke Hume, 15. Chris Wyles

16. Zach Fenoglio, 17. Nick Wallace, 18. Phil Thiel, 19. Peter Dahl, 20. John Quill, 21. Robbie Shaw, 22. James Paterson, 23. Adam Siddall
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:Why? Andy T is a cracking player when used correctly. It may not be the way JS wants to play rugby.

Andy will finish his career with 50+ Ireland caps and many more for Ulster. Why is everyone getting pmt because he's not picked in the first match of a meaningless tour which incidentally is against the weakest team they'll play?
Because if he's not picked in what looks to be the strongest side Ireland can put out, then what chance does he have whenever you bring back all the Irish Lions?

A bit annoyed that Court is TH cover too. How many times does he have to be played there and destroyed in the scrum before somebody in the Irish set up realises he's not a TH?
Last edited by ruckover on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
eeyore
Initiate

Post by eeyore »

ruckover wrote:

Because if he's not picked in what looks to be the strongest side Ireland can put out, then what chance does he have whenever you bring back all the Irish Lions?

A bit annoyed that Court is LH cover too. How many times does he have to be played there and destroyed in the scrum before somebody in the Irish set up realises he's not a LH?
:scratch: You on the WKD ruck?
Wooohooo!! Only donkey left on the board
Doink the Clown
Novice

Post by Doink the Clown »

I know this has been posted already but what channel is this game on? Former Ulster Raven Scott La Valla starting in the back row, has been doing well at Stade Francais the last 2 years. Also as we found out in the HCup Samu Manoa is a world class player
Don't Stop Believin'
eeyore
Initiate

Post by eeyore »

Doink the Clown wrote:I know this has been posted already but what channel is this game on? Former Ulster Raven Scott La Valla starting in the back row, has been doing well at Stade Francais the last 2 years. Also as we found out in the HCup Samu Manoa is a world class player
TG4
Wooohooo!! Only donkey left on the board
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Doink the Clown wrote:I know this has been posted already but what channel is this game on? Former Ulster Raven Scott La Valla starting in the back row, has been doing well at Stade Francais the last 2 years. Also as we found out in the HCup Samu Manoa is a world class player
Come on doink get with it you clown

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16239 - Whole thread dedicated to all games tv coverage
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:(1) Andrew Trimble's place when the "Irish Lions" come back is irrelevant. USA is the game where boys are going to be tried. Kiss has said to expect wholesale changes. Really, what is the problem?

(2) Court is actually a loosehead prop. Clearly the heat has fried your brain. It's tight head that he struggles with. However, he might just manage to hold the scrum up against the "might" of the USA. What do ya think?
1. I invite you to select the Ireland team should we be playing in the World Cup final tomorrow, but we are without our Lions players. In my opinion it wouldn't be much different to what has been selected there. Players being given a chance is rubbish, five of the 23 players are making their debuts, and some of them are only playing because of injuries. Trimble should be ahead of McFadden.

2. Ok yes, the heat is getting to me. But TH is what I meant, believe me on that. Whether or not he can hold up the USA front row is not the point, the fact he has been selected at replacement TH is rubbish because it shows that the Ireland coaches still believe he can play there - he cannot. Again, in a side that I feel is the strongest it could be, Court is our 18, and that is utter tripe.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Court is covering LH v USA, Hagan is covering TH.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Is this game on TV
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”