Information evening

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Information evening

Post by BR »

Did that really 'sell' out as quickly as it seemed?

Am I missing something? :scratch:
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Information evening

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote:Did that really 'sell' out as quickly as it seemed?

8.5k STs at the last count. Wouldn't need the take-up to be that high.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:
BR wrote:Did that really 'sell' out as quickly as it seemed?

8.5k STs at the last count. Wouldn't need the take-up to be that high.
Are they giving away free stuff, or is it like was suggested thus morning - 1st prize in the ballot is a contract as DOR?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

They are just going to raffle the DOR job and by the way you will do it for love of Ulster not for renumeration!

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

waggonsroll wrote:They are just going to raffle the DOR job and by the way you will do it for love of Ulster not for renumeration!
So not for a salary somewhere close to John Afoa's then? Not certain which earned more but a fair ould crust, one a part-timer the other wrote his own job spec so that every defeat belonged to the coaches & he was made of feckin' teflon (other non-stick surfaces may be available, how the feck would I know, I'm not a scientist FFS).

Oh al-right then, I should add that Doc Dave did plenty of good for Ulster over the years. Thing is, in the earlier years I think that his name helped with recruitment. Now, not so sure that it matters, I think that Ulster sells itself. Lets hope we get things right in the next few months & that continues to be the case.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Information evening eh????? Mmmmmm methinks there be some creative licence used here somewhere... I would be prepared to sell the naming rites... oxymoron evening would work. Though some may say I'm selling out to 'the man'
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Talking balls
Novice

Post by Talking balls »

Cliche night sponsored by Masterchef
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Information evening was originally planned to be for people to see the new bars so they could see what £100 got you, and other facilities as well plus questions about moving seats etc but no doubt this has been superceeded as people will now think it is a meeting about what the feck is going on.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
waggonsroll wrote:They are just going to raffle the DOR job and by the way you will do it for love of Ulster not for renumeration!
So not for a salary somewhere close to John Afoa's then? Not certain which earned more but a fair ould crust, one a part-timer the other wrote his own job spec so that every defeat belonged to the coaches & he was made of feckin' teflon (other non-stick surfaces may be available, how the feck would I know, I'm not a scientist FFS).

Oh al-right then, I should add that Doc Dave did plenty of good for Ulster over the years. Thing is, in the earlier years I think that his name helped with recruitment. Now, not so sure that it matters, I think that Ulster sells itself. Lets hope we get things right in the next few months & that continues to be the case.
Brother baggy converted to the dark side? Teflon Davey, never fond of the dirty work?

You are right of course he performed his function very well, primarily recruiting well during a difficult spell between getting rid of the Fat Controller and installing the Fit Controller who had little kudos in rugby circles. He was an Legend, capital L, as a player I doubt he will be viewed in such a way on his post playing career.

Not sad to see Humph leave. He was there for his own gain and to hell with everyone else. He will also, as others have said, not enjoy such an easy ride at Gloucester. He will deflect any responsibility for his first season if he can't pick his own team and thereafter it's hard to know. Not convinced Gloucester are ever going to get it together to reach the heights of yesteryear the fans and owners clearly expect.

He was overlooked for the Nuciforca position and I believe that is ultimately what led him to look elsewhere.

I suppose the one human quality he has was looking after the wee bro. Released early from one contract at ulster and then brought back a year early from the deal he signed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Did they make up after there falling out then? Or was that all just a rumour?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:Information evening was originally planned to be for people to see the new bars so they could see what £100 got you, and other facilities as well plus questions about moving seats etc but no doubt this has been superceeded as people will now think it is a meeting about what the feck is going on.
Is that why it has seems so popular? Do people honestly think they're going to discover more than the quality of the view into the Quinn's bedroom?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
Rooster wrote:Information evening was originally planned to be for people to see the new bars so they could see what £100 got you, and other facilities as well plus questions about moving seats etc but no doubt this has been superceeded as people will now think it is a meeting about what the feck is going on.
Is that why it has seems so popular? Do people honestly think they're going to discover more than the quality of the view into the Quinn's bedroom?
I doubt it BR as very few if any of those going will actually know that, and the vast majority who go will think it is about the stadium naming and Humphs leaving
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

That's why I'm not bothering about it. Waste of time Shane trying to flog me bar membership at those prices. Can't see anyone saying too much about the other stuff.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Tevez
Initiate

Post by Tevez »

Our feathered friend is correct....initially these meetings were arranged to show off the new facilities including the £100 bars (as much as anything cos Fit is aware of disquiet among a number of ex Scoop members). However they were also envisaged to cover fans' wider concerns. Indeed our esteemed Bel Tel correspondent somewhat prematurely referred to them a couple of Saturdays ago (see mac's newspaper review if you can be bothered). Events over the past week has added a certain spice to these meetings. Gary, I will be astonished if Kingspan & humph gate are not the main topics raised by fans.

No point only whinging and gurning about Ulster life here.....do it at the meetings next week.
If only everyone had Neil McMillan's dedication....
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Is humph leaving officially a 'gate' now?
www.stoutboys.co.uk