Lenister stadium

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

davejohnston
Initiate

Lenister stadium

Post by davejohnston »

Looks like they are getting the go ahead.
http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/r ... -1.1864787

The fortune of the Irish provinces is in very stark contrast of that to the Welsh regions.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Lenister stadium

Post by Russ »

feck wales

banker

We all like a good Les Kiss
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

They seem happy to be long term tenants of the RDS. Suppose it suits both parties, so happy days.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Other than the knockout games ... i haven't been to a Leinster game that has been anywhere near sold out so 25k is ambitious.

They wanted an all-seater but fans are kicking of so the suits are throwing them a terrace of a paltry 1500. Read somewhere that Leinster executive dislikes the new Ravenhill, ahem Kingspan. Can't mind where but briefly mentioned here too.
http://www.thescore.ie/leinster-rds-sta ... 0-Jul2014/
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

HammerTime wrote:Other than the knockout games ... i haven't been to a Leinster game that has been anywhere near sold out so 25k is ambitious.

They wanted an all-seater but fans are kicking of so the suits are throwing them a terrace of a paltry 1500. Read somewhere that Leinster executive dislikes the new Ravenhill, ahem Kingspan. Can't mind where but briefly mentioned here too.
They think we are ruffians

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:
HammerTime wrote:Other than the knockout games ... i haven't been to a Leinster game that has been anywhere near sold out so 25k is ambitious.

They think we are ruffians

I think the figure of 25,000 is ok for them.
You are quite right Russ. Munster are bogmen, Connacht are more to be pitied than scorned and we are a bunch of coarse tattooed yobs.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dawson must die. >threaten

He is the sort of idiot who couldn't understand why there is no atmosphere in the Aviva if you wrote it down in very short words & placed it under his nose.

Seating is fine to an extent but what happens when you become mates with somebody, they can't join you. Unless they maintain large area of unreserved seats they will face that problem & currently their unreserved are shyte seats that quickly go a long way back off the playing surface. From the rear of the North & South stands its a good 25/30 metres behind the DBL. None of the premium seats are available for the casual attendee either.

A good proportion of terracing covers a multitude of sins, especially in facilitating a load of young lads/lassies who may not be fat of wallet but can manage a great view from centre terrace & they are the folk who make noise most easily.

Dawson is a goatfecker, Ravenhill/Kingspan/Kings Park is feck all to do with him, have manners Dawson and close yer yap. Chube.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I would take it that the comment on Ravenhill having too much terracing, is based on a commercial calculation. Not some inherent dislike of the stereotypical Ulsterman, but then I have less paranoia than others. Remember we were originally supposed to have less terrace and more seat (giving potentialy higher revenues).
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I'd prefer it if they didn't have home advantage in a Pro12 final, but wouldn't it be ironic if they did have while capacity was reduced during the building work.

I wonder where they would nominate ......

NOT Ravers .... sorry Kingspan anyway ..... too much standing there :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:I would take it that the comment on Ravenhill having too much terracing, is based on a commercial calculation. Not some inherent dislike of the stereotypical Ulsterman, but then I have less paranoia than others. Remember we were originally supposed to have less terrace and more seat (giving potentialy higher revenues).
A stadium without terracing is a mausoleum, I am tempted to say FACT but it's such a self-evident truth that there is no point.

Since we are declaring our paranoia levels, I have 4 wells in my garden.

One well is the well of hate, I dip into it quite often. Another, well 2, is the well of truth, this is my most used well for I hate mealymouthedfucks who lie on a regular basis, or are scroteless chubes who shy away from truth, they send me running to well 1, the well of hate.

I love the well of truth, its my favourite thing in the whole world, things stated as they are, an uncommon occurrence sadly.

Well three is the well of love, a deep well with enormous supplies but how I use it is none of you folk's business. Well four is the well of obscure moods, paranoia amongst them, depression another, levity also there as is contentment, but there are many moods in there. I seldom visit it for a dose of paranoia, I'm far too splendid for that, bitches.

Yousons have been helped. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Ulster v Edinburgh, Lansdowne Rd wasn't too mausoleumesque, but I take your point. But to the money-men that is only one small parameter in their formulas.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Snipe Watson wrote:
I think the figure of 25,000 is ok for them.
You are quite right Russ. Munster are bogmen, Connacht are more to be pitied than scorned and we are a bunch of coarse tattooed yobs.
Spot on Snipe. The rest of us need to know our place. D4 is the Irish Garden of Eden and the rest of us are offered only a sojourn in such splendour so we can marvel at the magnificence , beauty and brightness of the estate and its regal inhabitants. Then we must return to our own dark lands to ponder our lot in life and wonder what we can possibly do to reach such lofty heights ourselves. Ultimately it is impoosible for us as this is clearly one of those siuations where nature overrules nurture.

We should indeed be honoured that our esteemed superiors allow us to bask in their glory when they permit us to join them a few times a year in a show of unity. This is their charitable donation to the unfortunates in their midst and to be honest one can only have immense gratitude for these generous and selfless acts.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

D4 is a lovely part of the world to be fair

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Would there really be much to be gained from replacing a terrace with seats. Surely the reduction in capacity would negate most of the extra ticket money?

For what it's worth, i reckon the balance at Ravers is about right.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:Would there really be much to be gained from replacing a terrace with seats. Surely the reduction in capacity would negate most of the extra ticket money?

For what it's worth, i reckon the balance at Ravers is about right.
Reduction in capacity is only a problem if your stadium isn't big enough.

While I prefer the layout of Ravenhill in terms of facilities, IIRC the original plan would have provided more side-on viewing.
www.stoutboys.co.uk