UAFC Ask the Opposition - Ospreys

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Loki
Warrior Assassin

UAFC Ask the Opposition - Ospreys

Post by Loki »

after a few week's absence, some quality AI fixtures and a bit of a bust on the last ATO with les amis Toulonais...it's back to the Pro12 with the visit of the table-topping Ospreys.

perhaps this match will be something of an aperitif to the match in Swansea pre-Christmas - the continuing AIs have hit both team so there could be some fairly experimental line ups. Nevertheless with Euro hopes fading as the clocks went back it's crucial for Ulster to stay as close to the summit as possible.

Usual ATO format...hoping for decent q's here to be taken to the Ospreys' forum midweek then posted Friday or so. Looking forward to some good chat - the last few ATOs have shown how good the early Welsh responses were, so here's hoping the O's are game!

:fleg: :red:
uafcadmin
Novice

Re: UAFC Ask the Opposition - Ospreys

Post by uafcadmin »

I think the effort Loki has put in on this ongoing thread has been nothing short of outstanding, but some of the questions being asked of opposition fans are disrespectful, and derisive undermining his good work.

For this type of piece to succeed, we need to bring a more positive and friendly vibe to the questions, not just taking the pi$h. If you can't be arsed doing it properly, then the results won't be as good. Please try harder with your questions. I have deleted the drivel already asked, and will ask Loki to ignore any more attempts at poor humour, or baiting to wind up the opposition. On the UAFC we would rather build bridges, than knock them down.
"Remember lads, there's no retreat. No more talk now. Just make peace with yourselves." :red:
stu
Novice

Post by stu »

Given the young talent that the O 's have coming through, and in particular the performances of the back row so far this season, would Dan Lydiate make the team if he ends up at the Liberty stadium?
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

* There has been a lot of politics between the WRU and the regions and as an outsider, I don't pretend to understand tall he details. Are things likely to be steady for a while or is it inevitable there will be another bust-up?

* what has been the impact on rugby support of having Swansea City in the Premiership?

* Ospreys unbeaten at the top of the Pro12 - do you think you can keep this up?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

mikerob wrote:* There has been a lot of politics between the WRU and the regions and as an outsider, I don't pretend to understand tall he details. Are things likely to be steady for a while or is it inevitable there will be another bust-up?

* what has been the impact on rugby support of having Swansea City in the Premiership?

* Ospreys unbeaten at the top of the Pro12 - do you think you can keep this up?
Thanks Mike. Forever the diplomat able to make my questions into a friendly way.

Forever in your debt

What do the Ospreys see as the future of club rugby in europe?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Of the young guys coming through in Wales the player who has impressed me most has been Eli Walker ... I think he has incredible talent and is definitely a player people would go to watch ... however he seems to be highly injury prone .. is this just bad luck or is he a bit 'fragile'.

I think it's very sad when young genuine talent is forced out of the game.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

How do you rate Ulster as a side at the minute?

Where do you think we will finish up in the pro 12?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

The Os have been the most (only) successful region in terms of merging clubs. Now that things have settled on that front, are the folk from Neath still buying into the concept or has Swansea become the majority shareholder as far as supporters are concerned? Has the relationship with the other clubs in the region improved as you've moved away from the Galactico model? Is the relationship with smaller local clubs any different from your relationship with a small club within the Blues region, for example?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Ospreys always perform well in the league but what happens when they play in Europe?

It still astounds me that the Ospreys team of old with all those big names could not get out of their European groups - what was the story there? Do they think they are cursed when it comes to European competition?
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Why are attendances at the regions not at the level we'd all hope them to be?

What would you do to help improve it?

[I know the O's did try the free kids season ticket idea a while back... how'd that work out?]
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Related to the Swansea FC questions (Loki you could probably weave this into one of those questions) - how many Ospreys attenders would also attend Swansea games, and vice versa? Would there be many who hold STs for both sporting clubs?
It's the hope that kills you.
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

uafcadmin wrote:I think the effort Loki has put in on this ongoing thread has been nothing short of outstanding, but some of the questions being asked of opposition fans are disrespectful, and derisive undermining his good work.

For this type of piece to succeed, we need to bring a more positive and friendly vibe to the questions, not just taking the pi$h. If you can't be arsed doing it properly, then the results won't be as good. Please try harder with your questions. I have deleted the drivel already asked, and will ask Loki to ignore any more attempts at poor humour, or baiting to wind up the opposition. On the UAFC we would rather build bridges, than knock them down.

Some of the mickey-taking was intended as fun, but I get how it could have just been seen as provocative on UAFC's first visit to another forum . . .
It's the hope that kills you.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:
uafcadmin wrote:I think the effort Loki has put in on this ongoing thread has been nothing short of outstanding, but some of the questions being asked of opposition fans are disrespectful, and derisive undermining his good work.

Some of the mickey-taking was intended as fun, but I get how it could have just been seen as provocative on UAFC's first visit to another forum . . .
Basically this is how this thread goes

1. Loki opens it
2. We vent bullcrap for 3 or 4 posts
3. Serious (not serious questions) questions are asked
4. Loki collates and posts
5. We bullcrap
6. Loki comes back
7. We thank for bants
8. We bullcrap about one small thing another poster said
9. We all migrate to the Payne thread
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:

Basically this is how this thread goes

1. Loki opens it
5. We bullcrap
6. Loki comes back
7. We thank for bants
Can't belive I missed it.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

Russ wrote: Basically this is how this thread goes

1. Loki opens it
5. We bullcrap
6. Loki comes back
7. We thank for bants

:lol: sounds about right!

Haven't got clearance on the O's forum sadly...will have to bench this one until the away game in December but will bump her then. Think I'll do one a month from now on, keep leaving it too late to get set up on other forums. Disappointed I couldn't get the account validated in time but sure.

Munster next....
Last edited by Loki on Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.