Marshall and Wilson cited

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Re: Marshall and Wilson cited

Post by Wee Woman »

Who actually cited the players - did this come about following a report from Scarlets or is this a direct citing by the Citing Commissioner?

That's how it works isn't it??
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:There's probably enough there to make a case. A pedant looking at that could construe that Luke left his leg trailing and was looking down at the player at the time. If the panel want to ban him they will be able to justify it. If he is banned it will be a lengthy one.
That is what I was thinking Snipe, this could be tricky to prove as accidental if a panel want blood.
Guilty M'lud.

He might not be but I find it hard to think he will not be done for it. Reckless endangerment and as Snipe says he was looking at the player. The player had to leave the pitch, problems. It's very hard to work out how he can be innocent. In it's own way as dumb as McCloskey,Payne, Fat Deccie & TC.

Haven't seen Roger's incident, anyone know what happened?
Rooster's link shows Restart swinging an arm at the back of a lineup. The coverage then switches to a camera angle in which any subsequent contact is hidden by a Scarlet who then falls to the ground.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
OldMan
Novice

Post by OldMan »

Accidentally smacked someone in the gub with a 'swinging arm' as a lineout turned into a maul. The ref did take a look at it and moved on. Does the Citing Commissioner not take it into account that the ref looked at the incident?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
Doesn't look great, but far from conclusive from that angle.
OK its taken me 5 or 6 views but what happens is the catcher tries to hand the ball to Barclay but it sticks on his shoulder. I think Roger made a play at the ball but caught him in the bake, purely accidental, nothing to see move on, innocent.

Mind you, with 2 citings, I reckon Luke will be banned & Roger exonerated, everybody gets something, citing officer not seen as a lemon. In both cases contact is recklessly made, we're not getting away with both I fancy.

I'm sorry to say it but it's lucky there isn't an "intelligent play" league similar to the "Fair play". We are not a clever side - for that read devious if you will. We are way short of par for native cunning, if brains were dynamite, far too often we haven't enough to blow our cap off.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
OK its taken me 5 or 6 views but what happens is the catcher tries to hand the ball to Barclay but it sticks on his shoulder. I think Roger made a play at the ball but caught him in the bake, purely accidental, nothing to see move on, innocent.

Mind you, with 2 citings, I reckon Luke will be banned & Roger exonerated, everybody gets something, citing officer not seen as a lemon. In both cases contact is recklessly made, we're not getting away with both I fancy.

I'm sorry to say it but it's lucky there isn't an "intelligent play" league similar to the "Fair play". We are not a clever side - for that read devious if you will. We are way short of par for native cunning, if brains were dynamite, far too often we haven't enough to blow our cap off.
I'm inclined to agree Baggy. Roger looks like he's trying to knock the ball out of Barclay's hand before he gets a proper grip of it.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

image.jpg
image.jpg (137.48 KiB) Viewed 799 times
Could be the worse if citing upheld and suspensions are handed out
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Blackskulllad
Novice

Post by Blackskulllad »

Honestly we have been hard done by at time but Marshall deserves a ban for stupidity if nothing else. What time did the Wilson incident occur
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

I'm inclined to agree Baggy. Roger looks like he's trying to knock the ball out of Barclay's hand before he gets a proper grip of it.
"inclined to agree" Snipe? :scratch:

I have accurately described events, it is not something in dispute, no margin for error, no doubt. I am right. It's a fact, take it to the bank, lose inclination, it's what happened. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

Blackskulllad wrote:Marshall deserves a ban for stupidity if nothing else. What time did the Wilson incident occur
Marshall deserves a ban for stupidity?

Look at Rooster's video link and you might be able to work out what time it was at. :roll:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Blackskulllad wrote:Honestly we have been hard done by at time but Marshall deserves a ban for stupidity if nothing else. What time did the Wilson incident occur
You deserve a ban for not looking back a couple of posts for the video link
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

"inclined to agree" Snipe? :scratch:

I have accurately described events, it is not something in dispute, no margin for error, no doubt. I am right. It's a fact, take it to the bank, lose inclination, it's what happened. :D
You may well be right. >EW
Blackskulllad
Novice

Post by Blackskulllad »

Alister Scott wrote:
Blackskulllad wrote:Marshall deserves a ban for stupidity if nothing else. What time did the Wilson incident occur
Marshall deserves a ban for stupidity?

Look at Rooster's video link and you might be able to work out what time it was at. :roll:
No need for that the times in the post mention 53.09 54.50 and all the links play for the start
Blackskulllad
Novice

Post by Blackskulllad »

Rooster wrote:
Blackskulllad wrote:Honestly we have been hard done by at time but Marshall deserves a ban for stupidity if nothing else. What time did the Wilson incident occur
I read the full thread you ask the same question and your link plays the video from the start for me.

I asked a simple question you asked it too so did wee woman no one else was met with hostility
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Blackskulllad wrote:
Rooster wrote:
I read the full thread you ask the same question and your link plays the video from the start for me.

I asked a simple question you asked it too so did wee woman no one else was met with hostility
Roger 1:28
Luke 1:16
Hardly hostility. Neither Rooster nor Alister Scott are usually given to hostility.
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

Snipe Watson wrote:Roger 1:28
Luke 1:16
Not sure about Roger - may just be a naughty boy, but if what you say is true, Marshall appears to be the Messiah >EW

Luke 1: 16 "He will bring back many of the people of Israel to the Lord their God."
(or one crying in the wilderness)
Last edited by Alister Scott on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.