Luke Marshall

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Luke Marshall

Post by BuckRogers »

ColinM wrote:Unlike Cave?
Cave's non selection is a good thing in this instance. Very much a development side/chance to get boys some game time.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Did everyone notice Ruan is the barbarians squad?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ruckover wrote:I'm obviously delighted he's been named in the squad, but am I alone in being completely confused how? What rugby has he played recently to convince Joe he's good enough for a call-up, especially over Darren Cave?

On another note, fantastic to see Michael Bent named over Callum Black again - what a stupid call.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Jeepers Ruckie have you been bate round the head with the stuipd stick?

This selection is not the strongest available team it is the first group of players Joe wants to look at in his RWC build up.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Well given that Darren hasn't played for Ireland in a good while, and Callum hasn't at all, I'd have thought they'd be included in a development squad, don't you?
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ruckover wrote:Well given that Darren hasn't played for Ireland in a good while, and Callum hasn't at all, I'd have thought they'd be included in a development squad, don't you?
Flippin Nora........
No not necessarily. Luke hasn't either and is a proven inside centre at international level Darren isn't. Darren is our third best 12, Luke is second.
It's not a development squad either, it's the first group of players Joe is looking at pre RWC. There are a dozen seasoned internationals in that squad. This is what Joe has done before. Select apparently random mixes of players to see in training and then playing as part of a wider series of squads.
I believe we had this same conversation on this board when Joe was picking his first 6N squad. Posters were getting all up in arms about Ulster guys being apparently snubbed when Joe was simply having a look at a wide range of players.
Callum is not going on the Tbilisi Cup trip either.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I have stated my belief that D'Arcy having announced his retirement from
Provincial Rugby has ruled himself out the International consideration which leaves only two recognised Internationals used by Joe -- Henshaw and Payne and maybe wantabee Madigan thus While having cover at 12 he may lack an experienced defensive centre partnership should Henshaw get injured .

That puts Cave well up the pecking order in my opinion .

But the inclusion of Cave only provides 3 recognised Centres in the Squad and my bet is that Joe wants and needs 4 centres and a utility bench man ( Madigan )

If Joe wants to make the semis he can't used the same partnership in every game . The players don't have the same recovery time as in the 6 nations to play 80 mins every game .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Snipe Watson wrote:
ruckover wrote:I'm obviously delighted he's been named in the squad, but am I alone in being completely confused how? What rugby has he played recently to convince Joe he's good enough for a call-up, especially over Darren Cave?

On another note, fantastic to see Michael Bent named over Callum Black again - what a stupid call.

This selection is not the strongest available team it is the first group of players Joe wants to look at in his RWC build up.
Also, Bent is predominantly a tighthead.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Not anymore

He packed that in when he learnt he was tom kite
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Russ wrote:
LegsLikeSausages wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Not anymore

He packed that in when he learnt he was tom kite
I thought it just coincided with Marty Moore's emergence. Either way, the fact he can play both sides does not make him like for like with Black.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Couldn't have put it any better, Ruckie :thumleft:

Don't let anybody tell you otherwise, especially when they insinuate you are stupid. You aren't, Black is three times the prop Bent is so if FibberJoe won't play him in this meaningless shyte when will he? Big Licence is better than Bent, Stupid Ricky Lutton is better than Bent & most certainly after my scrummaging at Twickenham on finals day, I am better than Bent. Bent's shadow is better than Bent FFS. :roll:

On Cave & Marshall only complete balloons could even remotely suggest that Cave is being saved for bigger things, in fact I'd say such people have been given a thorough thrashing with Snipe's Stupid Stick. I'm aghast that any chube could think that, Cave has been done over as usual & as for Black, he is nowhere, given what these folk who have been on whacky baccy think better things are ahead, they need to answer, if not now when for Black?

I'm going to save this to favourites & point it out to those who accuse you of stupidity how utterly wrong they are. Don't worry Ruckus, I've got yer back. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
MCBwinwinwin
Initiate

Post by MCBwinwinwin »

D'Arcy is still in the mix. If he is called up he will finish career at the World Cup if not he will be covering for Leinster.

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

LegsLikeSausages wrote: Either way, the fact he can play both sides does not make him like for like with Black.
FFS Legs :shock: you're better than that, being equally dung on both sides of the scrum is not an attribute. Frankly I am appalled that Bent is still anywhere near any Irish selection irrespective of the importance of the game.

I only wish George Hook were dead so he could turn in his grave that this Kiwi charlatan is still involved. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

MCBwinwinwin wrote:D'Arcy is still in the mix. If he is called up he will finish career at the World Cup if not he will be covering for Leinster.

I don't think he will be covering for Leinster. I think he's done now and has played his last game.
MCBwinwinwin
Initiate

Post by MCBwinwinwin »

damianmcr wrote:
MCBwinwinwin wrote:D'Arcy is still in the mix. If he is called up he will finish career at the World Cup if not he will be covering for Leinster.

I don't think he will be covering for Leinster. I think he's done now and has played his last game.
What's happened him?

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Couldn't have put it any better, Ruckie :thumleft:

Don't let anybody tell you otherwise, especially when they insinuate you are stupid. You aren't, Black is three times the prop Bent is so if FibberJoe won't play him in this meaningless shyte when will he? Big Licence is better than Bent, Stupid Ricky Lutton is better than Bent & most certainly after my scrummaging at Twickenham on finals day, I am better than Bent. Bent's shadow is better than Bent FFS. :roll:

On Cave & Marshall only complete balloons could even remotely suggest that Cave is being saved for bigger things, in fact I'd say such people have been given a thorough thrashing with Snipe's Stupid Stick. I'm aghast that any chube could think that, Cave has been done over as usual & as for Black, he is nowhere, given what these folk who have been on whacky baccy think better things are ahead, they need to answer, if not now when for Black?

I'm going to save this to favourites & point it out to those who accuse you of stupidity how utterly wrong they are. Don't worry Ruckus, I've got yer back. >EW
You'll rest easy tonight Ruckie. :lol: