Ricky Andrew to Nottingham

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Mac
Chancellor to the King

Ricky Andrew to Nottingham

Post by Mac »

Nottingham Rugby sign Ricky Andrew from Ulster
Nottingham Rugby have bolstered their squad by signing the versatile Ricky Andrew from Ulster.

The 24-year-old can play anywhere across the back line, giving head coach Martin Haag further options in that area.

Andrew, who stands at 183cm tall and weighs in at 80kg, came through the Ulster Academy before establishing himself in the club's first-team squad.

He is described as being strong in defence and exciting in attack.
"Ricky is a great signing for us," said Haag, who recently signed a new two-year contract. "He will give us further strength in depth across our back line and is similar to Ed Styles with his ability to play in a variety of positions.
"He's gained good experience with Ulster but is now at the stage in his career where he is looking for more game time and to try and cement a position within the first team.

"He'll face stiff competition with the players already in the squad which is great for us as it will hopefully see those players bringing the best out of each other.
"He's a quality player and is another piece of the jigsaw along with our other additions. I'm looking forward to working with him."
http://www.nottinghampost.com/Nottingha ... story.html

Nottingham Rugby Sign Ricky Andrew from Ulster
Nottingham Rugby have announced the signing of Ricky Andrew from Ulster ahead of the 2015/16 Greene King IPA Championship season.

The Green and Whites have snapped up the exciting 24 year old who is capable of playing across the backline to further bolster their options in that department.

Andrew, who stands at 183cm tall and weighs in at 80kg, came through the Ulster Academy before establishing himself in the Ulster first team squad. He is strong in defence and exciting in attack and will therefore be another exciting prospect for the Nottingham fans.

Nottingham Head Coach Martin Haag said, "Ricky is a great signing for us. He will give us further strength in depth across our backline and is similar to Ed Styles with his ability to play in a variety of positions.

"He's gained good experience with Ulster but is now at the stage in his career where he is looking for more game time and to try and cement a position within the first team. He'll face stiff competition with the players already in the squad which is great for us as it will hopefully see those players bringing the best out of each other.

"He's a quality player and is another piece of the jigsaw along with our other additions. I'm looking forward to working with him."
http://www.nottinghamrugby.co.uk/news-e ... lster.aspx
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ricky Andrew to Nottingham

Post by ruckover »

A solid squad player that didn't get the chances this year so I don't blame him for going. Good luck to him.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

ruckover wrote:A solid squad player that didn't get the chances this year so I don't blame him for going. Good luck to him.
Limited player though undoubtedly committed. Couldn't or wouldn't execute a 2/1 if his life depended on it, maybe should have been sent to rums school of hard knocks.
TheElephantMan
Steward

Post by TheElephantMan »

Good luck Ricky,the last time i saw him play and score a cracking try was against the turnips for the ravens top bloke best wishes. :fleg:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BuckRogers wrote:
ruckover wrote:A solid squad player that didn't get the chances this year so I don't blame him for going. Good luck to him.
Limited player though undoubtedly committed. Couldn't or wouldn't execute a 2/1 if his life depended on it, maybe should have been sent to rums school of hard knocks.
Suspect Ruckie is just being nice Buck, but I buy your assessment 100%. I occasionally thought he was making a bit of progress but it seems to be his thing of things to die with the ball at all costs.

Needless to say, I too wish him well.

As a side note, has anyone any idea of whom or whence we are looking to, to replace the dearly departing? There seem to be lots of outs & not a incomer that I can think of barring a couple of Londinivm Miarsivm biys.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Big heart and sticky hands.
Blackskulllad
Novice

Post by Blackskulllad »

I liked Ricky he worked hard. Better sticky hands than slippier like big nick
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Should have played more small space touch teaches you pass the ball quickly and to support the player with the ball and try to create space for your team by the timing of the pass .

Ricky decent Raven but not really Pro 12 and definitely not SDC standard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

rumncoke wrote:
image.jpg
image.jpg (14.57 KiB) Viewed 2257 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
austintranslation
Novice

Post by austintranslation »

Hope he has a ball over there and we see him playing sometime soon.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

austintranslation wrote:Hope he has a ball over there and we see him playing sometime soon.
He will have a ball okay, he just won't pass it to anyone, the he will come back to Ulster , bigger, better, faster, like the rest of .......oh wait good luck Ricky, I liked you :cheers:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”