Toulon to join English Premiership

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

mea97mb
Squire

Toulon to join English Premiership

Post by mea97mb »

Mourad Boudjellal is up on his high horse again and is threatening to pull Toulon out of the Top 14 due to the new player restrictions coming in to improve the French team. He has apparently contacted the PRL about moving Toulon to play in the premiership.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: Toulon to join English Premiership

Post by Kofi Annan »

mea97mb wrote:Mourad Boudjellal is up on his high horse again and is threatening to pull Toulon out of the Top 14 due to the new player restrictions coming in to improve the French team. He has apparently contacted the PRL about moving Toulon to play in the premiership.
Would never happen and if did would only have a short life, who cares anyway.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
drumbo diehard
Novice

Post by drumbo diehard »

How would you pick these two 4/6 team leagues?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Once a Knight wrote:
drumbo diehard wrote:How would you pick these two 4/6 team leagues?
League position in their league the year before. It's the only thing that would come close to Super15 in terms of quality.

It also crosses over the domestic TV markets which if they continue the way they are will see us in the poor house.

Btw - the two divisions means those not in the top are in the second. I'm not suggesting cutting sime pro teams adrift.
I would expect that three or four divisions would be required or you will cut adrift pro teams. Ultimately the 3rd or at the very least 4th division would struggle for the top guys would get greedy as we have seen with the PRL more so than France.

Could be workable but as always, there would be winners and losers. It could also end the SDC as a concept, who would need it, who would mourn it? You'd never have said that in the halcyon days of the Heiny. :shock:

A chance to bring a decent structure to the season too if properly done.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

A 6 nation league would solve many's a problem. It would create several problems but fewer than it would solve.

Depending on the number of fixtures ie teams per league, it could also leave free weekends for the individual countries to do their own interpro/anglo welsh/knockout comps.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Please see my posts of yesteryear re two 14 team leagues
4 French 4 English 2 Irish 2 Welsh 1 Scottish 1 Italian in each

Top 4 in each play for a SDC

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist