RBS 6 Nations 2017

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: RBS 6 Nations 2017

Post by rumncoke »

In picking Henderson and Dillane Joe may have his eye on the World Cup in 2 yrs time by then Ryan will be 35 -36 which to be fair is a bit Old for an International - but he could still do the job for Munster

But The game is faster at International level and both alternatives should be at their peak with a couple of Kids coming through if we,re lucky .

To be honest the back three worry me as a defensive combination if the opposition run at them ,ball in hand , but if the back row do their job hopefully that won't happen .

Provided the ref stops the Scots coming in the side and penalises late tackles early in the game Murray should not suffer like he did against Glasgow when the ref failed big time and only the restraint of the Munster players stopped the game descending to a brawl .

Not to sure if Poite is the ref to do it though and it might get a bit festy

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:In picking Henderson and Dillane Joe may have his eye on the World Cup in 2 yrs time by then Ryan will be 35 -36 which to be fair is a bit Old for an International - but he could still do the job for Munster

But The game is faster at International level and both alternatives should be at their peak with a couple of Kids coming through if we,re lucky .

To be honest the back three worry me as a defensive combination if the opposition run at them ,ball in hand , but if the back row do their job hopefully that won't happen .

Provided the ref stops the Scots coming in the side and penalises late tackles early in the game Murray should not suffer like he did against Glasgow when the ref failed big time and only the restraint of the Munster players stopped the game descending to a brawl .

I agree Ron

Our outside backs from Ringpiece out will have rings run around them by Hoggy and pals

Sad that Joe has picked his mates really
But the 2 wings are better than the back up wings

It's 13 and 15 I worry about

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

I am worried about this one as the Scots are going to be well up for this.
Big difference is they actually have a decent backline for the first time in about 20 years, complementing a reasonable pack.

Russell is extremely underrated and they missed him badly last season against us.
Johnny Gray was the other big loss then.
The Scots are performing well and huge progress has been made under Cotter but they are going to have to start landing some scalps.
Hopefully they won't choose to find their bottle against us.

The main disparity I see is in the back row where they are missing a few and don't have the overall depth we have.
If there is one area I would want to be stronger in its the back row and I think that will help us edge it with a bit more impact of the bench and all.

Other games should see unspectacular victories for England and Wales but make no mistake we have had a bum deal with this opener.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I wouldn't be too worried about Scotland but we need to be mindful of their dangerous back 3 and don't play into their hands with stupid kicking.

Ryan is a loss and Hendo needs to step up but he can do that and hopefully for all the time he is on the pitch.

Overall our pack should be able to deal with Scotland no matter how fired up they are.

Earls is the one in the backs I am a bit concerned about. His form has not been great this season and his losing of the head is never a good thing and has affected his play IMO. Hopefully Joe has him sorted.

Our half backs are better and just need to ensure they demonstrate that.

Ryan and Scannell have done so well this year to turn the Munster front row into a bit of a beast and it is great to see them now getting on the bench for Ireland. They won't let anybody down. Wish I could say the same with hand on heart for Keatley. The most annoying thing about him is that he is more than capable of delivering a performance but often doesn't. Only his confidence issues, mostly triggered by any goalkicking issues he has early in games, is a big question. Just hope Paddy stays on long enough that this is not a factor.

I think we will win but it will be close enough.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

So in summary your more worried about us than Scotland Shan?
Fair enough.

Everyone mentions their back 3 but it's only as good as the men inside them.
We have great tactical kickers so should be no worries there.
Stifling their inside men with linespeed should ensure they are starved of possession and will be more of a factor.

Very impressed with Jones from what I have seen too.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Russ wrote:
rumncoke wrote:In picking Henderson and Dillane Joe may have his eye on the World Cup in 2 yrs time by then Ryan will be 35 -36 which to be fair is a bit Old for an International - but he could still do the job for Munster

I agree Ron

Our outside backs from Ringpiece out will have rings run around them by Hoggy and pals

Why are you worried about Ringrose? He stepped up to the mark in the autumn internationals and even made a good hand of playing 12 when asked. He also showed that he is as good a defender as any Ireland midfielder and hopefully silenced his critics on that old red herring. He's the best looking all-round 13 in Ireland at the moment. Who would pick ahead of him?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Spiffsson wrote:
Russ wrote:

I agree Ron

Why are you worried about Ringrose? He stepped up to the mark in the autumn internationals and even made a good hand of playing 12 when asked. He also showed that he is as good a defender as any Ireland midfielder and hopefully silenced his critics on that old red herring. He's the best looking all-round 13 in Ireland at the moment. Who would pick ahead of him?
Darren Cave

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

bazzaj wrote:So in summary your more worried about us than Scotland Shan?
Fair enough.
No. I'm not worried.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:
Fair enough.
No. I'm not worried.
Neither am i

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Shan wrote:
Fair enough.
No. I'm not worried.
Neither am i

Worried about a winger breaking through and facing Rob one on one. Also PJ's goal kicking.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote: Worried about a winger breaking through and facing Rob one on one. Also PJ's goal kicking.
After we've already scored 8 tries and taken our foot off the gas. I can live with a scoreline of 7-40.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Russ wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:
Russ wrote:

I agree Ron

Darren Cave

Not available.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Oh I get it.
Payne can't play centre, Schmidt doesn't know what he's doing, Caves brilliant, and now Ringrose is crap.
The wisdom.of uafc.
Love it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote: Worried about a winger breaking through and facing Rob one on one. Also PJ's goal kicking.
After we've already scored 8 tries and taken our foot off the gas. I can live with a scoreline of 7-40.
We could even consider bringing on Tommy Bowe at that stage.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

bazzaj wrote:Oh I get it.
Payne can't play centre, Schmidt doesn't know what he's doing, Caves brilliant, and now Ringrose is crap.
The wisdom.of uafc.
Love it.
You've been listening to Russ again haven't you Baz :roll: :roll: :lol:
Ringrose is going to be world class. He and Henshaw are a fantastically promising partnership for Leinster and Ireland. Olding could well see his eye wiped by by Ringrose.
Olding Henshaw 12-13 was my partnership of choice, but, Henshaw Ringrose could turn out to be the big partnership. Being at the same provincial team giving them an edge.