FOLK

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Re: FOLK

Post by therealspratt »

breakdown wrote:
therealspratt wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:Players and LES have to be congratulated for that result. Anyone who thinks the players just went out and done their on thing are idiots and should go join Rum in the silly corner.

Consistency to perform is the issue.
And emm, who would be responsible for that?

Les can bugger off.
I didn't realise Les took the pitch each week

Can only blame lack of consistency on the players
What should all of the players in the squad do about it then? Stay late after training?

I don't buy that line at all, and even if it is something in the players the buck stops with Kiss for performances on the pitch, it's his job to sort it out, and he hasn't been. Consistency is such a weird thing to be trotting out as what's wrong with the team when we've been quite consistently rubbish, good performances being the rare exception.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

therealspratt wrote:
breakdown wrote:
therealspratt wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:Players and LES have to be congratulated for that result. Anyone who thinks the players just went out and done their on thing are idiots and should go join Rum in the silly corner.

Les can bugger off.

What should all of the players in the squad do about it then? Stay late after training?

I don't buy that line at all, and even if it is something in the players the buck stops with Kiss for performances on the pitch, it's his job to sort it out, and he hasn't been. Consistency is such a weird thing to be trotting out as what's wrong with the team when we've been quite consistently rubbish, good performances being the rare exception.
Of course it's the players fault, as a coach myself people coming out with that line really doesnt sit well. Tactics can be wrong, motivation may be poor etc etc which is fine but to blame a coach on not "performing consistently" really is a non argument to me

For example it's take the analogy you are a manager in a firm. those under you will fundamentally be told how to carry out their core job, which doesn't change much on a weekly basis. It isn't then up to me, as the manager, to take the brunt of the failings of the staff around me for not carrying out the instructions I have given them when i can't impact how they work 9-5, given I have my own role to do on a daily basis

The same can be applied here. Our tactics don't change week on week much, yes i'm sure the players are given slight, individual tactical changes etc from the waterboys but the fundamentals of the game plan, however poorly executed, haven't changed much. It's not like we've switched from 10 man rugby, to silky back moves, and back again on a weekly basis. It's up to the players to put the plan in place on the pitch, no one else, not Gibbes, Kiss, Dundon, Peel, anyone
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

breakdown wrote:
therealspratt wrote:
breakdown wrote:
therealspratt wrote:

Les can bugger off.

Of course it's the players fault, as a coach myself people coming out with that line really doesnt sit well. Tactics can be wrong, motivation may be poor etc etc which is fine but to blame a coach on not "performing consistently" really is a non argument to me

For example it's take the analogy you are a manager in a firm. those under you will fundamentally be told how to carry out their core job, which doesn't change much on a weekly basis. It isn't then up to me, as the manager, to take the brunt of the failings of the staff around me for not carrying out the instructions I have given them when i can't impact how they work 9-5, given I have my own role to do on a daily basis

The same can be applied here. Our tactics don't change week on week much, yes i'm sure the players are given slight, individual tactical changes etc from the waterboys but the fundamentals of the game plan, however poorly executed, haven't changed much. It's not like we've switched from 10 man rugby, to silky back moves, and back again on a weekly basis. It's up to the players to put the plan in place on the pitch, no one else, not Gibbes, Kiss, Dundon, Peel, anyone
It is in the case where the majority of your firm are failing to perform week on week. We're not talking about isolated incidents here, we're talking about a trend, and it's the person in charge's responsibly to deal with that trend. Heck they might be responsible for creating the conditions that caused that trend in the first place, and I believe that to be the case with Kiss.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Congratulate the coach when the team win and blame the players when the team lose.

Is this bakebook?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

We've consistently going down hill for the last two seasons. It's not as though Kiss's Plan has been ignored during the odd game. Mostly we've been very poor this season, with the odd good game. Kiss constantly claims his players didn't operate 'The Plan' after the poor performances, but if that's the case, surely after two feckin years he'd have it sorted.
After two years it's clearly a case of 'The plan is at fault' and it's his feckin plan.
Add to that his insistence on playing guys out of their best positions, ignoring players and treating other players like the shyte on his shoes, how can anyone defend him?
His treatment of players and his positional lottery will do feck all to help build a team spirit.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Inconsistent selection + inconsistent messages from coach = Inconsistent team performances

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Deraless wrote:Inconsistent selection + inconsistent messages from coach = Inconsistent team performances

That's it in a nutshell, i'm sick to my bawbag seeing players being played out of position. Once in a while, fair enough, to fill a hole but this season selection has been a mystery on a weekly basis.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

stickinout wrote:
Deraless wrote:Inconsistent selection + inconsistent messages from coach = Inconsistent team performances

That's it in a nutshell, i'm sick to my bawbag seeing players being played out of position. Once in a while, fair enough, to fill a hole but this season selection has been a mystery on a weekly basis.
It worked out yesterday when Gilly got knocked on the napper
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Rooster wrote:
stickinout wrote:

I waz waiting for Cave to play on the wing!

(Not really)

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Deraless wrote:
Rooster wrote:
stickinout wrote:

I waz waiting for Cave to play on the wing!

(Not really)

Wouldn't have surprised me though
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Will DC start next week or shafted again?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Tender wrote:We've consistently going down hill for the last two seasons. It's not as though Kiss's Plan has been ignored during the odd game. Mostly we've been very poor this season, with the odd good game. Kiss constantly claims his players didn't operate 'The Plan' after the poor performances, but if that's the case, surely after two feckin years he'd have it sorted.
After two years it's clearly a case of 'The plan is at fault' and it's his feckin plan.
Add to that his insistence on playing guys out of their best positions, ignoring players and treating other players like the shyte on his shoes, how can anyone defend him?
His treatment of players and his positional lottery will do feck all to help build a team spirit.
On the post match interview he said La Rochelle took 7 years. On that basis Fit's time is up but Les has to 2023.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

A 'five pointer' away at Wasps will mean we qualify for a home quarter final.

If that happens maybe Kiss will be sacked !
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

If we get a home quarter then Jared's headaches will be gone.

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

breakdown wrote: Of course it's the players fault, as a coach myself people coming out with that line really doesnt sit well. Tactics can be wrong, motivation may be poor etc etc which is fine but to blame a coach on not "performing consistently" really is a non argument to me

That is garbage, I'm sure you'd like me to explain why:

1) Continuous selection of players out of position
2) Chopping and changing consistently does not create partnerships no matter in what part of the side you look.
3) Well-founded stories of bizarre treatment of players, two or three of whom have played 200 plus Ulster games and throwing Cairns of/under the bus.
4) Talk of targetting and not targetting games, what sort of coach does that?
5) Incoherent mumbo-jumbo, it was actually a relief to hear him speak in plain English yesterday & I have to say I actually felt empathy for him for he was emotional, as if he knew the writing was on the wall had they lost.

LOOK, players don't get a free ride but the above are serious signs of, at the kindest, a man flailing around with no real idea of how consistency can be achieved and seemingly unaware that his own inconsistencies contribute to the shambles.

That said if you look at results I think it's pretty clear that the players want to do well and are not simply throwing the DOR under the bus, they have pulled a few games out of the fire, there is no lack of desire.

Anyway, you are entitled to your opinion BD.

Now I detect seriously odd talk abroad, suggestions of a home QF being on the cards. Just to inject a dose of realism, this year we have won away 3 times, Treviso where we almost lost a 21-0 lead, Kings in a shambolic match and in the snow at Hairyquims.

Yes dears it would be great but FFFS does anyone in their right mind think a TBP away is remotely possible ................ albeit Wassups collapse yesterday was legendary? :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.