FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

Post by Dave »

222toHounslow wrote:
Dave wrote:Croatia have been written off everywhere you look. Apparently they will be too tired having played two consecutive games that went into extra time. I think Croatia are the more battle hardened side. They have a quality midfield. Rakatic and Modric are so good on the ball. Better than anything England have faced thus far. Perisic and Rebic have been a real handful in wider channels. They will both test England's wingback system. Croatia are missing a top class striker to make them a genuine contender.

I'm stuck in Lionel country for this one. Although there seem to be plenty of GAWAs supporting England at home. C'mon Croatia.
Croatia hoodie and lanyard on display?
Yep. Lanyard out and I'm waving it at the locals.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

When it gets the this stage, anything can happen. A moment of magic from Modric or an England set-piece possibly the most likely scenarios. Wouldn't be surprised to see another penalty shoot out either. Hope England sneak it as I don't think I'd bother watching a Croatia France final.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Seems to be a growing local minority jumping on to the Engerland bandwagon. Seems to be a mixture of Free Tommy Robinson, Chelsea supporting, ultra leylists and Daily Mail reading, secret Brexit voting, One Show watching, garden centre unionists. You'd think England's ignorance and total indifference to the Statelet post Brexit might have disavowed them of such nonsense.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:Seems to be a growing local minority jumping on to the Engerland bandwagon. Seems to be a mixture of Free Tommy Robinson, Chelsea supporting, ultra leylists and Daily Mail reading, secret Brexit voting, One Show watching, garden centre unionists. You'd think England's ignorance and total indifference to the Statelet post Brexit might have disavowed them of such nonsense.
A sage post, Merv, I am never astonished by the idiocy of my fellow Irish, sucking up to John Bull's bollicks as if they were terribly privileged to have the murderous Brits as their masters. For the sake of clarity the Brits have murdered more people around the globe including in this vile wee septic isle than a hundred IRAs could dream of. That doesn't make me like the RA one iota, it does mean I actually understand that there were two pairs of crows in the tussle, nobody pure as the driven snow, the UK still abusing the human rights of all manner of people, including their own peepil and especially at the whim of their own masters, the Seppos.

Mad Boris felt it just fine to have a hard border here, not the slightest notion or interest in what may befall you pea-brained goons, no fecks to give whatsoever. Yet like the fools many of you are you still pledge allegiance to Betty's boys in white. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I hate a lot of people, hope many of you die soon and for a fine Croat victory even if a few of those players sound quite familiar as war crims. :shock:

However, having vented my spleen and shat out some bile, I am cognisant that it is merely a game of fitba, therefore none of these will be leaving the jar.
IDGAF.jpg
IDGAF.jpg (45.22 KiB) Viewed 200 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

When is this Shiite over ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

The Sabbath! The Sabbath indeed, heathens
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ColinM wrote:The Sabbath! The Sabbath indeed, heathens
Saturday? Thought it was Sunday and the godbothers would turning off in their droves.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
ColinM wrote:The Sabbath! The Sabbath indeed, heathens
Saturday? Thought it was Sunday and the godbothers would turning off in their droves.

True enough. If Engerlund lose tonight the final will be on Saturday
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

FIFA was founded in Paris. So the FIFA World Cup is coming home. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

England score early. Hopefully that will make it a more open game.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

England should be 3 or 4 in front. Croatia look poor.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Yeah if England don't win this they will be kicking themselves for missing those chances. That said hard to see Croatia getting back into this unless Modric produces a bit of magic.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

The Galway boys will be crying if Harry Kane doesn't score. First time I ever heard of Irish people publicly supporting England in football. The West is clearly moving on. :D
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

What's all this wasting beer nonsense about?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

UlsterNo9 wrote:What's all this wasting beer nonsense about?
Not sure what this is about but I can say for sure that wasting beer is never a good idea.