Cheetahs v Ulster Friday 21st September 6:15pm KO

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Re: Cheetahs v Ulster Friday 21st September 6:15pm KO

Post by 222toHounslow »

I don’t see Henry as an outside centre but in Dan we trust.

Stewart must be gash.

Pleased to see Maureen start.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

thecrouch wrote:
Dave wrote:
Rooster wrote:
thecrouch wrote:Where the feck is McPhillips?
Is he not with A side as captain ?
That's Lowry. McPhillips went to SA.
Aye that’s what I thought.

Hasn’t got a sniff this season yet.
Ah, lion food perhaps then ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:Not looking forward to Speight defending the 13 channel.
That could be the losing of the game there, I have yet to be impressed by Henry in defence, I don't see an organised player, I see a bustler who looks the part going forward. If we are under the pump, don't expect Henry to organise the line.

I fear this game will not end well, altitude & 5-day turnaround always made it dodgy, no Cooney makes it a task and a half, I don't care who the Cheetahs have lost, 3 losses and only Shanners at 9.

Somebody tell me how we win this game.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
That could be the losing of the game there, I have yet to be impressed by Henry in defence, I don't see an organised player, I see a bustler who looks the part going forward. If we are under the pump, don't expect Henry to organise the line.

I fear this game will not end well, altitude & 5-day turnaround always made it dodgy, no Cooney makes it a task and a half, I don't care who the Cheetahs have lost, 3 losses and only Shanners at 9.

With scoring opportunities from broken play and a dose of penalties from Cheetahs' indiscipline.
Ulster by 6.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

222toHounslow wrote:I don’t see Henry as an outside centre but in Dan we trust.

Stewart must be gash.

Pleased to see Maureen start.
Steady on...... I'm a big fan of gash.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:It being Culture Night in Belfast tomorrow we possibly fancy watching the Ulster game (or at least the second half) in pub in central Belfast/Cathedral quarter and then take in some of Culture night (weather permitting). Have never watched an Ulster game downtown. Anyone know of any bars that will definitely be showing the Ulster game and which wont also be full of kids or folk singing/dancing/reading poetry etc . Fall back is Stokers in Holywood and then the 8.17pm train in.
Laverys showing the game, but I do appreciate it's a bit of a walk to CQ from there.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

If DC is getting a rest, Addison to 13 and Gilroy to 15, keeping Henry on the wing may have been the way to go. Not convinced yet by Speight.

Ulster may win this one, but on the high veldt, John Cooney not playing and an "interesting" referee team, could easily lose it also.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

With scoring opportunities from broken play and a dose of penalties from Cheetahs' indiscipline.
Ulster by 6.
You think Billy Burns will kick a dose of penalties? From what I've seen so far from King Billy, he has a very disconcerting kick style both from hands and the tee. Not for Billy the pull back and put the leather straight through the ball, it's all jerky, almost spastic.

I hope to be far off the mark but I'm not feeling it.

That said, I am interested that he is starting EricO & Herbst, they appeared much more solid, though doubtless against tired and second string props, will be good to see what they've got.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Have to say my lack of fecks has allowed me to miss the detail on who went and who didn't... Maybe some of those keen early season watchers can fill me in on what I am missing.

How is the killer signing Moore shaping up so far?
Is Rodney a TH or a LH this season?
When are we going to rest Deysel before he burns out?
Has McPhillips been thrown under the bus? or is he injured?

I used to regularly refer to being one injury away from writing off the season with either Ruan and PJ and yet with both having moved on we remain in my humble opinion one injury away from a season write off.. if Cooney breaks down we are worse than ever and at least we got to know that McPhillips took his chance and did a job when presented with it...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
You think Billy Burns will kick a dose of penalties? From what I've seen so far from King Billy, he has a very disconcerting kick style both from hands and the tee. Not for Billy the pull back and put the leather straight through the ball, it's all jerky, almost spastic.

I hope to be far off the mark but I'm not feeling it.

That said, I am interested that he is starting EricO & Herbst, they appeared much more solid, though doubtless against tired and second string props, will be good to see what they've got.
The selections do not augur well in my view. The Cheetahs will run at us and attempt to play expansively all over the pitch. They have been scoring tries despite suffering losses. Taking out our best organiser in defence and replacing him with our worst defender into the hardest position to defend, is certainly questionable.

Ultimately I feel that the Cheetahs defence will leak scores. I think we can and should win but it could be a struggle. We need to paste them up front. I think we are starting our best front row in terms of scrummaging. The backrow looks strong with decent firepower on the bench. Hopefully this will give us the platform to get some meat pie.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:It being Culture Night in Belfast tomorrow we possibly fancy watching the Ulster game (or at least the second half) in pub in central Belfast/Cathedral quarter and then take in some of Culture night (weather permitting). Have never watched an Ulster game downtown. Anyone know of any bars that will definitely be showing the Ulster game and which wont also be full of kids or folk singing/dancing/reading poetry etc . Fall back is Stokers in Holywood and then the 8.17pm train in.
Garrick showing the matches
Exterminate all rational thought
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Addison taking 60m kicks for fun in training.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Neill_M wrote:If DC is getting a rest, Addison to 13 and Gilroy to 15, keeping Henry on the wing may have been the way to go. Not convinced yet by Speight.

Ulster may win this one, but on the high veldt, John Cooney not playing and an "interesting" referee team, could easily lose it also.
Jo Schit wants Addison for full back in the AI’s so has to play there.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The selection has the looks of a second half team in the back row and centre .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Fortyniner
Novice

Post by Fortyniner »

Dave had posted his observations about Henry's defensive abilities the morning after the Edinburgh game, and one wonders what he has shown in training to convince Dan that he makes a better 13 than Darren, who has been doing a good job in organising and tackling.
Maybe the plan (??....that will be a new thing for us!) is to get Henry more involved in attacking mode and get the ball into his hands more often.
We can but hope.