Heiny Cup 18/19 - Other Sides

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Heiny Cup 18/19 - Other Sides

Post by Jackie Brown »

UlsterNo9 wrote:I'd rather we didn't, would prefer the gubbing from Sorries than the Mexicans.
I agree, no interest in going down there for a hammering

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Sliding scale of which is worse travelling and getting beat in North Barnet / D4 / the Disco Arena?

None of those are attractive.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:I'd rather we didn't, would prefer the gubbing from Sorries than the Mexicans.
#believe
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

You can still get odds of 100/1 on Ulster.
Montpellier are 33/1.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Would fancy a crack at d4 post the six nations. Providing we have hendo back and no other injuries. Think we would lose but not get hammered. Anyway would be a good day out at the toilet bowl.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

jean valjean wrote:Would fancy a crack at d4 post the six nations. Providing we have hendo back and no other injuries. Think we would lose but not get hammered. Anyway would be a good day out at the toilet bowl.

You would have to deal with the Leinster fans mind. Prefer the Munster and Connacht fans.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Neill_M wrote:
jean valjean wrote:Would fancy a crack at d4 post the six nations. Providing we have hendo back and no other injuries. Think we would lose but not get hammered. Anyway would be a good day out at the toilet bowl.

You would have to deal with the Leinster fans mind. Prefer the Munster and Connacht fans.
They'll all be petrified of the racist hordes decending on the city. Would expect the game to be at the horsefield.

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

jean valjean wrote:
Neill_M wrote:

They'll all be petrified of the racist hordes decending on the city. Would expect the game to be at the horsefield.

True, if you played it at Lansdowne, there would be far too many of those Northern lads in townImage
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Might even fancy our chances against Saracens. :fleg:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:
jean valjean wrote:
Neill_M wrote:

True, if you played it at Lansdowne, there would be far too many of those Northern lads in townImage
IRFU might call on the Aviva for a Leinster v Ulster quarter final, rent for stadium plus a lot of extra €€€€€€€€€ between Leinster and Ulster
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Rooster wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
jean valjean wrote:
Neill_M wrote:

IRFU might call on the Aviva for a Leinster v Ulster quarter final, rent for stadium plus a lot of extra €€€€€€€€€ between Leinster and Ulster
D4 have used LR in last 2 seasons for QF v Coventry and North Barnet.

Would be 12.5k tickets to Ulster in that situation.
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

Leinster will always play a home quarter-final at the Aviva. Worth huge money to them. EPCR also gives a bigger percentage of the gate to the home team if they move the qf to a bigger stadium. They've played every home qf there since the stadium re-opened (2011, 2012, 2015, 2017 and 2018).

Usually split 50/50 between the two teams (after costs) but it's 65/35* between the home and away teams if moved to a bigger stadium.

* the away team's 35% share can't be less than the 50% share would have been in the designated home stadium
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Feck lads. Poor old D4 are really lowest of the low if ye'd prefer to take a beating from Saracens.

Anyway what about winning. Wouldn't it be better to deliver a knock out blow in Dublin?
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:Feck lads. Poor old D4 are really lowest of the low if ye'd prefer to take a beating from Saracens.

Anyway what about winning. Wouldn't it be better to deliver a knock out blow in Dublin?
I would happily go to Leinster especially if it's in the Aviva. We could go in vast numbers. I would have no expectations of a victory but nonetheless it's going to be knockout rugby. For Ulster to potentially qualify from the group would be a satisfying achievement in itself, considering. Something to build on.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Agreed Dave. The way I look at things is that even in a match where you fully expect to lose there is always a chance of a surprise win. The fun that could be had in Dubland after such a result would be priceless.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.