PADDY JACKSON

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: PADDY JACKSON

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

jean valjean wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:19 am Toulouse sent the 2nds to LR tonight and got a hammering. Be interesting what they send to us, as they will probably be guaranteed a top 2 finish with one more win.
Fully loaded. Matty awaits...
Exterminate all rational thought
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I'll assume "piggyback " means something in the Urban Dickshunary

And i hope he would have the good sense to ignore anything offered on plate especially if Daddy is a QC . Forked tongue and poisoned lips.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Starting v Toulouse away on Saturday night, game on Viaplay.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Seeing pics of dupont with the French 7s training. Is he gone now or is he available to them for European games?
Aware he is missing the 6 nations.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

jean valjean wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:09 pm Seeing pics of dupont with the French 7s training. Is he gone now or is he available to them for European games?
Aware he is missing the 6 nations.
Starting tomorrow night.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

45-0 spanking from Toulouse with Paddy at 10.

Sadly this move has been pretty awful for him - they are 2nd bottom, having scraped past bottom team Montpellier by a point at home last match. Seems like Paddy is not even guaranteed a start at 10 (although I could be wrong there).
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Bart S wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:09 am 45-0 spanking from Toulouse with Paddy at 10.

Sadly this move has been pretty awful for him - they are 2nd bottom, having scraped past bottom team Montpellier by a point at home last match. Seems like Paddy is not even guaranteed a start at 10 (although I could be wrong there).
They were outplayed by a very good side, Lyon seemed to tick the box etc in 2nd half and score got ugly.

They are 4-1 at home and lost all their away games. Was a big win v Montpellier last week.

Jackson has been involved in 13/14 games so far with 9 starts, so that suggests he is the no 1.
NoPayneNoGain
Novice

Post by NoPayneNoGain »

Hard to reconcile ulsters need for money and then signing a player that woul more than likely lead to less sponsor but in and potentially fewer tickets sold.

I agree we have a quality of depth issue at 10, but paddy isn't the answer. Signing him would be the financial self harm we can ill afford.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I wouldn't miss a game.....

(On TV)
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Neill_M wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:21 am
Bart S wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:09 am 45-0 spanking from Toulouse with Paddy at 10.

They were outplayed by a very good side, Lyon seemed to tick the box etc in 2nd half and score got ugly.

They are 4-1 at home and lost all their away games. Was a big win v Montpellier last week.

Jackson has been involved in 13/14 games so far with 9 starts, so that suggests he is the no 1.
Thanks Neil. I haven't been following all season but did check a few games recently and he wasn't in the squad for one and was on the bench in another, hence why I didn't know if that was reflective of the season.

They are only 6 points off Clermont in 9th but still seems a pretty poor position to be in
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Lyon ran up the white flag in a disgraceful second half capitulation. Paddy looked frustrated. Toulouse weren't stretched once 2 scores ahead
Exterminate all rational thought
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Jackson starting again for Lyon at home to Connacht in Europe, 1pm UK Time on Saturday - TNT Sports 3.

Michael McDonald the on loan scrum half starting for Connacht.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Being linked with Saracens as possible replacement for Owen Farrell once he goes to Racing 92.
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

Neill_M wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:43 pm Being linked with Saracens as possible replacement for Owen Farrell once he goes to Racing 92.
Damn it, might have to start liking Sarries then as much as it would hurt me!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

mea97mb wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:32 pm
Neill_M wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:43 pm Being linked with Saracens as possible replacement for Owen Farrell once he goes to Racing 92.
Damn it, might have to start liking Sarries then as much as it would hurt me!
A step too far for me but good luck to him if he does go there.

Planet rugby going with "disgraced No 10"

Kunts.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall