Contract Situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: Contract Situation

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

To be fair Dave, we've done fine with Cooney, Timoney, TOT and even Shanners Until recently AOC and occasionally Moore.

I could never fault their commitment or what they've contributed.
Exterminate all rational thought
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Tom o’toole was nowhere near Leinster rugby.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:To be fair Dave, we've done fine with Cooney, Timoney, TOT and even Shanners Until recently AOC and occasionally Moore.

I could never fault their commitment or what they've contributed.
Alternatively, if any fine southern brethren wish to join. You'd be most welcome. Feck the boot cleaners wanting to ride the rds pine at best.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Big-al wrote:Tom o’toole was nowhere near Leinster rugby.
Timoney, AOC and Shanahan I don't believe even had an academy opportunity.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

kingofthehill wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:26 am
horslips wrote:Kind of strange is it not that King doesnt seem to have been seen since Christmas?
Watching from a far (with little to report)

No Leinster players want to come north or to Munster so we are going to be lighter next year than this obviously. Players who have turned both provinces down are H Bryne, Frawley, Pendergast, Penny, Deegan and Connors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe worth asking them again now we’re getting all those extra trains.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Dave wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:33 am
Missing my point. All were products of the Leinster schools system( I thought TOT in his early days played in Leinster schools system until he went to Oz?) My point was they came from a Leinster background, got opportunities at Ulster and have been good to great servants, some of which have showed more consistency, commitment and guts than many of our UR bred showponys. Maybe they're just grateful...
ljsulster
Novice

Post by ljsulster »

If we want to get technical TOT played two years at Campbell College so technically came through our system
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Missing my point. All were products of the Leinster schools system( I thought TOT in his early days played in Leinster schools system until he went to Oz?) My point was they came from a Leinster background, got opportunities at Ulster and have been good to great servants, some of which have showed more consistency, commitment and guts than many of our UR bred showponys. Maybe they're just grateful...
O'Toole moved to Australia when he was 6. Left Australia age 15 to join Campbell College with professional rugby ambitions. The other 3 came through the Ulster Academy. Think AOC started with Leinster Academy then joined the UR Academy.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

kingofthehill wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:26 am
horslips wrote:Kind of strange is it not that King doesnt seem to have been seen since Christmas?
Watching from a far (with little to report)

No Leinster players want to come north or to Munster so we are going to be lighter next year than this obviously. Players who have turned both provinces down are H Bryne, Frawley, Pendergast, Penny, Deegan and Connors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10 is where we will really struggle - we have Flannery, Lowry/Doak/Cooney could cover and little humph in the academy [not great?]. Some decent players in other positions coming through the academy so hopefully that'll cover any losses and will be long term gain if they develop. Not sure about half back though - have heard good things about Harry McKeown at Sullivan? Obviously very young. Ben Gibson maybe?

In terms of forwards - mCNabney will hopefully step up- looked good in his chances so far this season and will likely bulk up a bit for next season. Lorcan McLoughlin should get some chances. Second row Izzy and Sheridan with Hopes/Irvine coming through? Loosehead is a bit light. Tighthead we have ToT, Moore, Wilson and Boyd coming through.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Aye but they came through Leinster schools system FFS that's my point. :duh: :cheers: I concede I got TOT timelines wrong- but they are examples of born n bred Dubs(or thereabouts) that have served us well; in light of Dave's original joke about Bloo's coming up Nort. :salut:
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

shamalicious wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:53 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote:
O'Toole moved to Australia when he was 6. Left Australia age 15 to join Campbell College with professional rugby ambitions. The other 3 came through the Ulster Academy. Think AOC started with Leinster Academy then joined the UR Academy.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
Think you're confusing Alan with his younger brother (David) who moved to Ulster after a year in the Leinster academy. Alan O'Connor, Timoney and Shanahan were all in the Leinster sub-academy but didn't get offered a full academy slot. Was surprised Timoney didn't get a Leinster deal at the time.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Did you try looking for your point down the side of sofa?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Dave wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:36 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Did you try looking for your point down the side of sofa?
Why? To me it's perfectly obvious. :roll: :D :red:
jauzy19
Novice

Post by jauzy19 »

Stuart McCloskey in talks with french club Bayonne.

https://www.sudouest.fr/sport/rugby/avi ... 729293.php
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

jauzy19 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:16 pm Stuart McCloskey in talks with french club Bayonne.

https://www.sudouest.fr/sport/rugby/avi ... 729293.php
Good move for him. Bit part player for Ireland so taking a payday makes sense at this stage of his career.

Car crash of a result for Ulster though.