Ulster v Saints Fri Dec 17th 8pm KO BT Sport 2

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Ulster v Saints Fri Dec 17th 8pm KO BT Sport 2

Post by Neill_M »

The Ulster Rugby Medical Performance team has issued a squad update ahead of Friday’s Heineken Champions Cup fixture against Northampton Saints at Kingspan Stadium.

Rob Baloucoune, who sustained a shoulder injury in the win over Clermont Auvergne at Stade Marcel Michelin, is unavailable for selection this weekend.

Squad updates in association with The Ulster Independent Clinic.

Referee - Andrea Piardi (ITA).
bangorboy
Steward

Re: Ulster v Saints Fri Dec 17th 8pm KO BT Sport 2

Post by bangorboy »

If anyone has two Prom or Terrance tickets on the go could you keep me in mind please. Son back from UNi and would prefer not to be in Family stand for obvious reasons... :stout: :stout: :stout:

Thanks...
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

bangorboy wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:20 pm If anyone has two Prom or Terrance tickets on the go could you keep me in mind please. Son back from UNi and would prefer not to be in Family stand for obvious reasons... :stout: :stout: :stout:

Thanks...
Limited availability on Family Terrace on Ticketmaster, think you can have an adult beverage on it (open to correction naturally).
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Can usually get away with a beverage in the corner of the family terrace where it meets the East terrace. We call it the holding pen as it's where you always end up on a sold out match day if you venture away from the East Terrace for a pint or a pee.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Assuming Moore, Henderson, McCann and O'Sullivan are back in the mix this week, theres going to be some sad faces amongst the starting eight from last Saturday.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

osullivan was in the mix last week.

McCann too.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Big-al wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:42 pm osullivan was in the mix last week.

McCann too.
Apparently not, they'd played too many minutes already this season to be selected under the IRFU player welfare strategy.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

Now that the on-paper hardest fixture is out of the way it will be interesting to see how the lads deal with the new expectations. Hopefully better than the brad pitt sandwich they served up in Swansea . . .

I'd be disappointed with anything less than a 5 pointer. Especially given that most of the crowd will be well lubricated after Xmas drinks and baying for blood at any 50/50 ref call.

I'd bring in Moore and Hendy to start if fit, and put whoever is most likely able to handle Nayavoro (spell?) onto the wing in place of Bob (would've been the ideal matchup for Ludik). McCann onto the bench for Jones. Keep the rest of the team the same.
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

Hoping for Moore, Henderson and maybe McCann in for this match. Willwe go for the 6-2 split on the bench again?
I suppose Gilroy will come in for Bob and to be fair he has looked very sharp this season any time he's had a chance. Rob Lyttle has been very absent recently which is a bit of a surprise, any news on Stockdale yet?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

I'm wary of the perceived weakness of Northampton, they have beaten Bristol and Exeter away from home this season and have a better defence than the ospreys. Without bob and stockdale we have lost some spark so it will be a grind to win this.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Need to be careful that this game is not a repeat of the 2012/13 season when Ulster got a good result and went over to Saints and turned them over good only to lose at home to them the following week.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

So It Is wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:39 am Now that the on-paper hardest fixture is out of the way it will be interesting to see how the lads deal with the new expectations. Hopefully better than the brad pitt sandwich they served up in Swansea . . .

I'd be disappointed with anything less than a 5 pointer. Especially given that most of the crowd will be well lubricated after Xmas drinks and baying for blood at any 50/50 ref call.

I'd bring in Moore and Hendy to start if fit, and put whoever is most likely able to handle Nayavoro (spell?) onto the wing in place of Bob (would've been the ideal matchup for Ludik). McCann onto the bench for Jones. Keep the rest of the team the same.
Their big winger won’t be playing.

Skosan offers a different threat but seems to be a decent finisher.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Anyone got a spare ticket?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

damianmcr wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:46 pm Anyone got a spare ticket?
Family Terrace available on ticketmaster.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Going on recent results, I think you could break some records in this game, the Sinners seem to have lost both confidence and composure lately.