Heineken Cup Final Venue 2022/23

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

richardt84
Novice

Re: Heineken Cup Final Venue 2022/23

Post by richardt84 »

jean valjean wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:28 pm I must admit I am taking a rather perverse sense of enjoyment in how ROG seems to be living rent free over on the babbling Brook forum. For a set of supporters who routinely point out how obsessed munster fans seem to be about beating leinster, they haven't half fallen for some good old fashioned trash talk.
I thought we were guilty of taking defeats badly but one poster has now called for James Ryan to advise the IRFU he will be retiring from international rugby if ROG ever gets the Ireland job. I’m loving the fact they now appreciate the structural differences that can contribute to a teams success, in this case they are victims of the IRFU model when compared to the La Rochelle model of buying players in. And not to mention the budget restraints that Leinster are supposedly under.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Jetstream wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:39 am
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:29 pm
Dave wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:57 am
CIMANFOREVER wrote:Is this defeat overall a good thing for Ireland's RWC campaign?
Potentially peaked too soon again.
Meant that it makes AF realise they aren't as good as they think, and that a balanced squad with a mix from the provinces is greater than the sum of mostly Leinster. A few boys wilted on Saturday. Then again they didn't sh#t the bed in a home QF to the seventh seeds...
Byrne Moloney, Lowe well below the standard required. Janny will need wrapped in bubble wrap, crash helmet and a few Hail Mary's entreated.
Be interesting if Turnips win the URC.... Will AF have the balls to play on form?
You mentioned three players as not good enough. Molony is not in Irish squad and Byrne is on bench if Sexton is fit . As for Lowe, I understand his mother died the day before match and it is understandable if he was below par. As things stand there is not one Ulster player that would get on the Leinster apart from Hendy who is never fit.
Give you Lowe- wasn't aware and concede that's significant mitigation. But he hasn't been pulling up trees recently regardless.
Molony has been talked to the moon for the Ireland squad over Treadwell and should never have started in place of Jenkins. Byrne is not the second coming- AF and Ireland missed a serious trick with Healey who's a much better prospect. As for Sexton being fit? For all of the big RWC games and thereafter? Seriously?
Porter is an average international scrummager, schooled on Saturday- with no credible Ireland competition currently, since AF Ignores the best LH scrummager in Ireland for the last decade- Buckley. Furlong has been sub par for over a season, albeit riddled with injury, Bealham is close to parity and in better form. He should start if they were playing tomorrow but would AF make that call in a big game?

POm is a leader that Leinster don't have in the absence of Ryan and Janny, Coombes has a significant case Vs Conan, ditto Kleyn in the absence of a fully fit (!) and firing Hendo, Kelleher versus both Herring and Stewart.
Hope that's enough to be going in with?
Exterminate all rational thought
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

jean valjean wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:28 pm I must admit I am taking a rather perverse sense of enjoyment in how ROG seems to be living rent free over on the babbling Brook forum. For a set of supporters who routinely point out how obsessed munster fans seem to be about beating leinster, they haven't half fallen for some good old fashioned trash talk.
Good old turnips returning the serve to their D4 "superiors". Never thought I'd actively side with Turnips but there ya go! :party:
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

richardt84 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:13 pm
I thought we were guilty of taking defeats badly but one poster has now called for James Ryan to advise the IRFU he will be retiring from international rugby if ROG ever gets the Ireland job. I’m loving the fact they now appreciate the structural differences that can contribute to a teams success, in this case they are victims of the IRFU model when compared to the La Rochelle model of buying players in. And not to mention the budget restraints that Leinster are supposedly under.
Anyone remember Wales for a few years in the 80s had about 13 Neath starters as Neath were the dominant club side in Wales if not UK and Ireland bar Leicester. Catastrophic- it did not translate to Wales as great club players in a great club team did not equate to a great international side. Are we seeing similar play out here? Maybe not to same degree, but a team made predominately Leinster players especially if there is little between a provincial rival other than playing in the same provincial team (arguing " cohesion and understanding " over difference) may not be sustainable in the long burn of a RWC?
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:22 pm
Good old turnips returning the serve to their D4 "superiors". Never thought I'd actively side with Turnips but there ya go! :party:
What amuses me is that Glasgow and Ulster fans are regularly criticised on Leinster and Munster forums for booing. There was plenty of Leinster fans booing in their last two games. As for Munster fans they booed thrir own player(Ian Keatley) off the pitch a few years back,
Personally I think there in nothing wrong with a bit of a boo. It creates an atmosphere.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:16 pm
Dave wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:57 am
CIMANFOREVER wrote:Is this defeat overall a good thing for Ireland's RWC campaign?
Potentially peaked too soon again.
Meant that it makes AF realise they aren't as good as they think, and that a balanced squad with a mix from the provinces is greater than the sum of mostly Leinster. A few boys wilted on Saturday. Then again they didn't sh#t the bed in a home QF to the seventh seeds...
Byrne Moloney, Lowe well below the standard required. Janny will need wrapped in bubble wrap, crash helmet and a few Hail Mary's entreated.
Be interesting if Turnips win the URC.... Will AF have the balls to play on form?
You mentioned three players as not good enough. Molony is not in Irish squad and Byrne is on bench if Sexton is fit . As for Lowe, I understand his mother died the day before match and it is understandable if he was below par. As things stand there is not one Ulster player that would get on the Leinster apart from Hendy who is never fit.
Give you Lowe- wasn't aware and concede that's significant mitigation. But he hasn't been pulling up trees recently regardless.
Molony has been talked to the moon for the Ireland squad over Treadwell and should never have started in place of Jenkins. Byrne is not the second coming- AF and Ireland missed a serious trick with Healey who's a much better prospect. As for Sexton being fit? For all of the big RWC games and thereafter? Seriously?
Porter is an average international scrummager, schooled on Saturday- with no credible Ireland competition currently, since AF Ignores the best LH scrummager in Ireland for the last decade- Buckley. Furlong has been sub par for over a season, albeit riddled with injury, Bealham is close to parity and in better form. He should start if they were playing tomorrow but would AF make that call in a big game?

POm is a leader that Leinster don't have in the absence of Ryan and Janny, Coombes has a significant case Vs Conan, ditto Kleyn in the absence of a fully fit (!) and firing Hendo, Kelleher versus both Herring and Stewart.
When you see some of the dross that has propped for Ireland it is shameful how Buckley has been treated.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Jetstream wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:11 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:22 pm
What amuses me is that Glasgow and Ulster fans are regularly criticised on Leinster and Munster forums for booing. There was plenty of Leinster fans booing in their last two games. As for Munster fans they booed thrir own player(Ian Keatley) off the pitch a few years back,
Personally I think there in nothing wrong with a bit of a boo. It creates an atmosphere.
Agreed- it's pantomime at worst- but contradicts Logans UR values- remember those? :duh: :roll: :lol:
At the Qf they really were obnoxious- or maybe it was me :D :red:
In fairness their away support are sound- probably the old football adage about traveling away support being the true fan base seems a fair call.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Jetstream wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:14 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:16 pm
Dave wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:57 am Potentially peaked too soon again.

When you see some of the dross that has propped for Ireland it is shameful how Buckley has been treated.
100% Jetstream. We bang on about Cooney correctly but for Buckley never to have made a squad (afaik) is truly astounding and abysmal. Ask Afoa at his peak at Ravers (and one of Buckleys first games for Connacht as well) and many other world class props that have folded in his grip. Buckley and Bealham murdered our much vaunted front row and double teamed us ar ruck and tackle all game.

For Archer ( as TH), EOS and Killer to have had so many caps and Buckley none is one of the great shameful issues in Irish Rugby.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Face doesn't fit

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

He should have Henshawed
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

The sour grapes and entitlement after losing to the turnips was a sight to behold. Didn't Munster and the ref know they had q divine right to win, even if they field their seconds. Lots of myopic selection of refereeing decisions and the like. We're all guilty of it no doubt, I've come home from a match fuming over my beer assisted sense of being robbed a number of times, only to feel chastened on watching the game back several times. Maybe they're just so unused to it they lose a grip on themselves.

I love listening to ROG get interviewed after the match, he considers what he says carefully and always seems to give insightful answers. Haven't looked at the Leinster forum in a while, but imagine they're a bit bit bitter about him implying they're chokers? It's getting increasingly hard to argue he has a point though. Given the talent at their disposal they should have won a lot more silverware over the last decade.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

MightyRearranger wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:28 am
The sour grapes and entitlement after losing to the turnips was a sight to behold. Didn't Munster and the ref know they had q divine right to win, even if they field their seconds. Lots of myopic selection of refereeing decisions and the like. We're all guilty of it no doubt, I've come home from a match fuming over my beer assisted sense of being robbed a number of times, only to feel chastened on watching the game back several times. Maybe they're just so unused to it they lose a grip on themselves.

I love listening to ROG get interviewed after the match, he considers what he says carefully and always seems to give insightful answers. Haven't looked at the Leinster forum in a while, but imagine they're a bit bit bitter about him implying they're chokers? It's getting increasingly hard to argue he has a point though. Given the talent at their disposal they should have won a lot more silverware over the last decade.
If it comes down to a choking contest we may have their number.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

We're the chokers choker. The go to. We taught Leo et al all there is about it. Although Weegies must be running us a close second now.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

It was a tag they they wore before Contepomi went off injured in the 2009 semi final. In the post Sexton World they maybe need to find themselves another bar steward to give them an edge. The likes of POM are worth their weight in that regard. We need to find ourselves another Johan too.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Leinster reports backline only 10 passes in whole game.
7 from Byrne; other 5 players 3 passes between them.