AIL Energia Leage Rugby/Ulster League

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: AIL Energia Leage Rugby/Ulster League

Post by kingofthehill »

UlsterAreBrill wrote:Gutted, Instonians winning the senior cup would be bad for everyone in Ulster. Hope they get a good battering by Armagh in the next round - another proper club.
I’m maybe missing something but why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

kingofthehill wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:11 pm
UlsterAreBrill wrote:Gutted, Instonians winning the senior cup would be bad for everyone in Ulster. Hope they get a good battering by Armagh in the next round - another proper club.

£££ - and a significant amount of it.

Can give you more details via DM
Horse15
Novice

Post by Horse15 »

UlsterAreBrill wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:17 pm
kingofthehill wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:11 pm

£££ - and a significant amount of it.

Can give you more details via DM
Not bitter
Bigfacthunt
Novice

Post by Bigfacthunt »

Why would it be bad for Ulster Rugby? £££ on what basis can you make these claims. The game I watched was a team playing for each other not for money.
UR13IRFU
Novice

Post by UR13IRFU »

Blow in wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:07 pm Final score
Stones 22- 21 Hinch.
Stones played 25 mins of 2nd half with 14 following a red card. Also missed 3 conversions.
Big win.
Believe it was the 64min when instonians got the red. Hinch had 3 tries disallowed in the first half. Was a good game to watch just before Christmas. Young hinch team didn’t use the wind enough first half. Be interesting to see how both teams would have faired against each other with full strength teams out
Blow in
Novice

Post by Blow in »

UR13IRFU wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:44 am
Blow in wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:07 pm Final score
Stones 22- 21 Hinch.
Stones played 25 mins of 2nd half with 14 following a red card. Also missed 3 conversions.
Big win.
Believe it was the 64min when instonians got the red. Hinch had 3 tries disallowed in the first half. Was a good game to watch just before Christmas. Young hinch team didn’t use the wind enough first half. Be interesting to see how both teams would have faired against each other with full strength teams out
As I said earlier I expected hinch to be too strong obviously thought they'd walk it. Don't know much about the hinch 1XV but it didn't look like a team of spring chickens.
How many starters were missing discounting the Ulster contingent?
Bigfacthunt
Novice

Post by Bigfacthunt »

Was speaking with McNamara after game on Friday and he said Inst had 3 starter backs out and 5 forwards from normal AIL squad and that they had 4 lads coming back into contention who have been unavailable through work/injury who would push for places if their form is near where it was last season. Hinch didn’t have their ulster players so were fielding their strongest club team I suppose.
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

Bigfacthunt wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:08 pm Why would it be bad for Ulster Rugby? £££ on what basis can you make these claims. The game I watched was a team playing for each other not for money.
Multiple people from multiple clubs have told me a lot of what is supposedly going on. Not going into specifics here but theres no smoke without fire, you hear too much for there not to be something to it
Blow in
Novice

Post by Blow in »

If Queens drop from 2B, does that mess up their Academy link?
Bigfacthunt
Novice

Post by Bigfacthunt »

Very good question. Selected Queens to send majority of academy players to so that they will play together. No requirement for these players to be exclusively in 1A or 1B. These players can play in DIV 2 but Ulster thought it best to send them to Queens and then not play them it would appear. Basically these guys haven’t really played together as much as Queens would have liked. Will be difficult for Queens but they should have enough to stay up. Quite a few of the Queens board stood down once the academy link up was rubber stamped.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

I went to watch Queens earlier in the season against Buccs (they lost), having watched them a fair few times over the last couple of years, and they looked a shadow of the team they were…
..one more thing
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

Columbo wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:08 pm I went to watch Queens earlier in the season against Buccs (they lost), having watched them a fair few times over the last couple of years, and they looked a shadow of the team they were…
They’ve lost a significant number of players to other clubs and are also playing 1B which would be a big step up from 2A especially for a group of young lads
Blow in
Novice

Post by Blow in »

Love them or hate them 30 wins with 30 bonus points for instonians. some effort >clapping
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

Blow in wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:33 am Love them or hate them 30 wins with 30 bonus points for instonians. some wage bill >clapping
Fixed
Blow in
Novice

Post by Blow in »

UlsterAreBrill wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:16 pm
Blow in wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:33 am Love them or hate them 30 wins with 30 bonus points for instonians. some wage bill >clapping
Fixed
and sleep