Ulster v Connacht Saturday September 17 7.35pm UK Time Premier Sports / BBC2NI / TG4

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Ulster v Connacht Saturday September 17 7.35pm UK Time Premier Sports / BBC2NI / TG4

Post by UlsterNo9 »

And so it begins.....

We beat The Westies pretty comfortably up here in February 32-12, hoping for a similar result again.

:fleg:

#ourseason
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Ulster v Connacht Saturday September 17 7.35pm UK Time Premier Sports / BBC2NI / TG4

Post by big mervyn »

Did the Westies get a runout last w/e?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Connacht Saturday September 17 7.35pm UK Time Premier Sports / BBC2NI / TG4

Post by Dave »

I would assume the Irish squad players from the summer won't be available as per. Although many of them sustained injury anyway.

EOS Andrew Moore
Izzy AOC
Timoney Refell McCann
Doak Burns
Marshall Moore
Stockdale Lyttle Baloucoune

That's my guess based who I think would be available.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

big mervyn wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:44 pm Did the Westies get a runout last w/e?
Played two pre season games against Castres and Sale but no game last weekend.

They're missing a few, Carty and Bulter plus anyone on New Zealand tour.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:45 pm I would assume the Irish squad players from the summer won't be available as per. Although many of them sustained injury anyway.

EOS Andrew Moore
Izzy AOC
Timoney Refell McCann
Doak Burns
Marshall Moore

Won't be far away, though Timoney was in NZ so won't play. Nordi would need to be pushing for a start from the off after missing so much of last season, hopefully the full pre season under his belt will see him challenge again.

Tom Stewart to start at hooker, supposedly had a fantastic pre season.

We appear to have made good signings, the kids are a year older. This is the strongest squad we've had in a long time. #ourseason
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

I take it we're having a minute's silence, and maybe even a rare Ravenhill rendition of GSTK?, On Sat?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:45 pm I would assume the Irish squad players from the summer won't be available as per. Although many of them sustained injury anyway.

EOS Andrew Moore
Izzy AOC
Timoney Refell McCann
Doak Burns
Marshall Moore

Won't be far away, though Timoney was in NZ so won't play. Nordi would need to be pushing for a start from the off after missing so much of last season, hopefully the full pre season under his belt will see him challenge again.

Tom Stewart to start at hooker, supposedly had a fantastic pre season.

We appear to have made good signings, the kids are a year older. This is the strongest squad we've had in a long time. #ourseason
Jordi is lacking much of any pace. The likes of Sheridan, McCann, Refell looking better options in preseason with Timoney, Marcus, Vermeulen starters. You can't be bad to Jordi stepping into to do a job at least.

Agree re Stewart but feel he might need to improve the darts a little.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:I take it we're having a minute's silence, and maybe even a rare Ravenhill rendition of GSTK?, On Sat?
It will take the loyalist 6 months to learn the new words.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ulster v Connacht

Referee: Eoghan Cross (IRFU, 2nd league game)
AR 1: Chris Busby (IRFU) AR 2: Andrew Cole (IRFU)
TMO: Leo Colgan (IRFU)
Last edited by Neill_M on Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Looks like they’ll be missing Carty, Butler, Bealham and Kilgannon (the wing who got an intercept against us at the Aviva), as well as Aki, Hansen and Prendergast.

Their new Kiwi back row, who sounds Irish but isn’t, loves a turnover apparently.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Dave wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:57 pm
big mervyn wrote:I take it we're having a minute's silence, and maybe even a rare Ravenhill rendition of GSTK?, On Sat?
What about Unionists?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

justinr73 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:43 am
Their new Kiwi back row, who sounds Irish but isn’t, loves a turnover apparently.
Partial to an apple one myself. Doesn't make him a bad person
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Big-al wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:48 pm
What about Unionists?
Or small u unionists
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Jordi is lacking much of any pace. The likes of Sheridan, McCann, Refell looking better options in preseason with Timoney, Marcus, Vermeulen starters. You can't be bad to Jordi stepping into to do a job at least.

Agree re Stewart but feel he might need to improve the darts a little.
Aye, Jordi has a long road back, he was off the money on the limited game time he got post injury at the tail end of last season.

I live in hope. If he gets back to anywhere close to his pomp our backrow is starting to look very competitive.
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

I take it neither team will have any their internationals back?