Ulster v Connacht Saturday September 17 7.35pm UK Time Premier Sports / BBC2NI / TG4

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Connacht Saturday September 17 7.35pm UK Time Premier Sports / BBC2NI / TG4

Post by Dave »

Tom Stewart going very well. Great hooker's try there. 14 nil to Ulster.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Connacht Saturday September 17 7.35pm UK Time Premier Sports / BBC2NI / TG4

Post by Dave »

I wonder was Josh Murphy ever a possibility for Ulster. Such an abrasive backrower. He is really testing the pack tonight.
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

Moore again showing up big time at 15. Great to see
Dura lex sed lex
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ulster comfortable now. 29-3.

Luke playing really well.
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

Someone give Jim & Humph a shout and tell them that's not Oran McNulty in the 23 shirt for Connacht. It's Alex Wootton.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ryle Nugent would never
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Cormac wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:15 pm Someone give Jim & Humph a shout and tell them that's not Oran McNulty in the 23 shirt for Connacht. It's Alex Wootton.
And Billy Barnes isn’t at 10.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Another gusherism- “That was lovely by Billy Burns, he just leaned back and stroked it”. :puker: >crazy1
ljsulster
Novice

Post by ljsulster »

I didn’t get to see the game, great to hear Stewart played well, how did McCann do?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:11 pm Someone has stitched Sparky’s tail back on.
AKA "the turtle's head".
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

ljsulster wrote:I didn’t get to see the game, great to hear Stewart played well, how did McCann do?
McCann played well. He did the hard work against a tough but utterly undisciplined Connacht pack. I thought EOS also had a good game.

Izzy played really well when he came on. He is an absolute beast. Huge leg drive when he goes into contact.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Dave wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:05 pm
ljsulster wrote:I didn’t get to see the game, great to hear Stewart played well, how did McCann do?
McCann played well. He did the hard work against a tough but utterly undisciplined Connacht pack. I thought EOS also had a good game.

Izzy played really well when he came on. He is an absolute beast. Huge leg drive when he goes into contact.
Izzy does look a specimen when driving forward.
If the more subtle parts of his game i.e. his positioning in defence and his set piece abilities are developing as fast, he will be troubling the FIRFU selectors before long.
Great to see the other young forwards developing so well also.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Luke looks faster than he did before.

This is some squad we have now although I’d swap Carter for 2MP any day of the week.
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

Can’t think of a time recently where we’ve won so convincingly with 10/15 players being home grown and a further 2 through the academy - some good depth building at last by the looks of it! EOS is back to his best. Stewart looks excellent. Marshall was probably the pick of the backs, tho Moore had some lovely touches too. Don’t think we picked up any injuries as well which is very positive.

A shame to lose the young guys for the next 3 weeks but plenty of players to come back to soften the blow. Hopefully Warwick back to replace Reid, Herring for Stewart, Treadz for Izzy, Cooney for Doak, Lowry for Moore and we’ll get Timoney & O’Toole back as well! Hendy, Hume and Addison hopefully aren’t too far off either! Anyway that’s enough of the optimism, not used to it.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

justinr73 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:41 am Luke looks faster than he did before.

This is some squad we have now although I’d swap Carter for 2MP any day of the week.
Luke had a fantastic game - looked like the Luke of old.

Agree re carter, but tbf he did put in a very workman-like performance - nothing special, but did his job. For a foreign player though he shouldn't be in the squad though. Any player taking up an NIQ slot should be a nailed on starter and he's no where near that. And to be clear, while I think carter had a decent game last night, 2MP would have been equally capable of doing the same but on a more consistent basis.

Izzy already looks better than both though. Hoping for an injury-free run now, and we have at least decent set of locks for when Hendo is missing.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right