Thomond Park

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Thomond Park

Post by BR »

Dave wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:31 am
justinr73 wrote:
HwoodMike2umate wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:07 pm Any tips for finding reasonably priced accomodation in Limerick for 28/29 October 2022?
Buy a tent.
Thread requesting a second hand tent incoming...
Thread requesting a front garden to pitch it in - incoming on MF
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

I've changed my mind! :lol:
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:52 am
justinr73 wrote:
HwoodMike2umate wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:07 pm Any tips for finding reasonably priced accomodation in Limerick for 28/29 October 2022?
Buy a tent.
Don't even joke about it - a lot of houses near Thomond are like little shrines to their rugby team and a number of years ago I physically had to drag HWM out of one when he went in thinking it would be funny to p1$$ on their flegs. I suspect he could easily have been lynched . . . or stabbed. :roll:

Earlier in the day I had stopped him walking off the edge of the path and falling about 50ft into the Shannon.

That was after I pulled him off the road and back onto the footpath and prevented him from being run over by a car . . . . driven by David Humphreys as he overtook the bus we had just come down in.

Sometimes I wonder how the world would have panned out if I hadn't gone to Limerick that day.

Regrets? I have a few .... :banghead:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Well me mate Frank ain’t now going to Limerick in a Fortnite so might be venturing on me own.
My safest trip would be on a big yella bus with the URSC but haven’t seen any reports of a day trip being organised.
Accomodation at Greenhills Hotel looks reasonable enough. Staggering distance of Thomond and on the 343 and 302 bus routes so no taxis needed and free train travel from Belfast. C u there.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:12 pm
justinr73 wrote:
Buy a tent.
Don't even joke about it - a lot of houses near Thomond are like little shrines to their rugby team and a number of years ago I physically had to drag HWM out of one when he went in thinking it would be funny to p1$$ on their flegs. I suspect he could easily have been lynched . . . or stabbed. :roll:

Earlier in the day I had stopped him walking off the edge of the path and falling about 50ft into the Shannon.

That was after I pulled him off the road and back onto the footpath and prevented him from being run over by a car . . . . driven by David Humphreys as he overtook the bus we had just come down in.

Sometimes I wonder how the world would have panned out if I hadn't gone to Limerick that day.

You're a goodun' ;)
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

HwoodMike2umate wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:14 pm Well me mate Frank ain’t now going to Limerick in a Fortnite so might be venturing on me own.
My safest trip would be on a big yella bus with the URSC but haven’t seen any reports of a day trip being organised.
Accomodation at Greenhills Hotel looks reasonable enough. Staggering distance of Thomond and on the 343 and 302 bus routes so no taxis needed and free train travel from Belfast. C u there.
Is Frank the bloke you’ve brought to Limerick before?

Erudite sort.

Think he reminded me of Tinker Dill from Lovejoy.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Never thought of that comparison before but can see it now so u r probably correct. But he’s a real part time supporter now. Hasn’t even been to Ravenhill since before Covid. He is a regular eater of meals in the Dirty Duck, helps to keep the weight on.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

fermain wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:03 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:12 pm
justinr73 wrote:
Buy a tent.

You're a goodun' ;)
No good deed goes unpunished - and I have received mine in triplicate from that day.
I'm not arguing -
boysontour2
Novice

Post by boysontour2 »

So..........who's going and what part of the ground you getting tickets for?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

boysontour2 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:11 pm So..........who's going and what part of the ground you getting tickets for?
If it helps, HWM usually goes to the terrace beside the tunnel.

Last time I was there, I went to the terrace opposite that. Great night, not having to babysit him.
I'm not arguing -
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

Neill_M wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:26 pm
Thelaw wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:28 pm Off all the stadiums in the world it is the last I would ever go to. Rather spend my money watching it in my local club than help the Turnips pay their debt
So You would go to Scotstoun or PYS in Llanelli before Thomond? Interesting :lol:
Hell yes. To quote Obi wan, " a hive of stars and villainy"
Dura lex sed lex
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

Why the hell can I not say stars
Dura lex sed lex
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

Ffs that autocorrect is killing me.
Dura lex sed lex
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Very much looking forward to some black pudding in JJ Bowles after the game.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Will we even have a competitive team?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!