Munster v Ulster Sat Oct 29th 5:15pm KO RTE2 / Premier Sports 1 / Supersport / URC TV

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Munster v Ulster Sat Oct 29th 5:15pm KO RTE2 / Premier Sports 1 / Supersport / URC TV

Post by big mervyn »

jean valjean wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:02 pm
justinr73 wrote:
Dave wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:19 am
justinr73 wrote:Why are there so few of us here?
You could say this about home games too. People are prioritising heating their homes and buying food. Rugby seems like a dying sport. I'm not sure how Ulster can live within their means with increased costs and a reduced gate plus sign higher profile NIQs. It might save a few from neurological issues though if it goes belly up.
The rugby finance thing is very worrying but separate from the point I was clumsily trying to raise last night.

Preston get average away followings of 1200 (from very similar home attendances to Ulster) over 23 (including several midweek) games.

Belfast to Limerick is the same distance as Preston to London.

There should be fleets of coaches for each interpro.
What would the cost be for an away Preston trip, including ticket and bus?
The bus station is one of the most impressive things in Preston!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Munster v Ulster Sat Oct 29th 5:15pm KO RTE2 / Premier Sports 1 / Supersport / URC TV

Post by Dave »

justinr73 wrote:
You could say this about home games too. People are prioritising heating their homes and buying food. Rugby seems like a dying sport. I'm not sure how Ulster can live within their means with increased costs and a reduced gate plus sign higher profile NIQs. It might save a few from neurological issues though if it goes belly up.
The rugby finance thing is very worrying but separate from the point I was clumsily trying to raise last night.

Preston get average away followings of 1200 (from very similar home attendances to Ulster) over 23 (including several midweek) games.

Football fans are die hard. Rugby fans are much more casual and very fickle. They could be alternating betweening going to the Giants and UR. The average age of an Ulster fan is possibly 70+ (give or take). Plus it is a provincial fan base. Most Preston supporters would live in Preston, who get on these buses? It takes me 2 hours plus to get to a home game. I'm almost equidistant between Belfast and Dublin. A bus would be of little value to me and others.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Who's the youngest whippersnapper here? Is there anybody below 40?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Big Izzys card our first of the season. A telling stat, Frank robbed us of a clean disciplinary bill of health.

That's Frank Murphy who grew up in Crosshaven, South Cork, went to Christian Brothers Cork for schooling winning a Munster Schools cup. Followed by attending University College Cork playing a little rugby representing Cork Constitution and Munster.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:11 pm Who's the youngest whippersnapper here? Is there anybody below 40?
For another few months.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Big Izzys card our first of the season. A telling stat, Frank robbed us of a clean disciplinary bill of health.

That's Frank Murphy who grew up in Crosshaven, South Cork, went to Christian Brothers Cork for schooling winning a Munster Schools cup. Followed by attending University College Cork playing a little rugby representing Cork Constitution and Munster.
He didn't need a bus home.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:Who's the youngest whippersnapper here? Is there anybody below 40?
You have to be over 50 to join a forum on the Internet.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:35 pm
big mervyn wrote:Who's the youngest whippersnapper here? Is there anybody below 40?
Mervyns under 55 are an endangered species.
Big Neville Southall
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Stone??

Milo - is that you??
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

What's the chances the fekitoa yellow gets looked at again by citing commissioner? Rewatching the game it was as clear a red as any this season.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Neill_M wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:37 am
justinr73 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:33 am Why are there so few of us here?
I hope JJ Bowles delivered the post game black pudding. Fekitoa should have seen red. Ugly win, good.
Yes, Fekitoa should have seen red. Maybe he did just before he put the shoulder in?

I think he was protected by being Irish now. He changed his name to O'Feckit when he came here.

Maybe that's what he thought just before he put the shoulder in?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:09 pm
jean valjean wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:02 pm
justinr73 wrote:

What would the cost be for an away Preston trip, including ticket and bus?
The bus station is one of the most impressive things in Preston!
The most impressive thing about Preston is the road out of it. :duck:

The bar isn't set very high. >EW
I'm not arguing -
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:
Stone??

Milo - is that you??
Milo must have lost at least 10 last week. He went on the Durban tap water diet.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:09 pm I'm almost equidistant between Belfast and Dublin. A bus would be of little value to me and others.
You could sell it?
I'm not arguing -
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:09 pm I'm almost equidistant between Belfast and Dublin. A bus would be of little value to me and others.
You could sell it?
Make me an offer I can't refuse.