Munster v Ulster Sat Oct 29th 5:15pm KO RTE2 / Premier Sports 1 / Supersport / URC TV

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Munster v Ulster Sat Oct 29th 5:15pm KO RTE2 / Premier Sports 1 / Supersport / URC TV

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:11 pm Big Izzys card our first of the season. A telling stat, Frank robbed us of a clean disciplinary bill of health.

That's Frank Murphy who grew up in Crosshaven, South Cork, went to Christian Brothers Cork for schooling winning a Munster Schools cup. Followed by attending University College Cork playing a little rugby representing Cork Constitution and Munster.
Frank didn't rob us of a clean disciplinary record, it was stupid of Izzy to do what he did.

It does stick in the teeth though that he got the same sanction as O'Feckit got for trying to take someone's head off his shoulders.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Munster v Ulster Sat Oct 29th 5:15pm KO RTE2 / Premier Sports 1 / Supersport / URC TV

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:01 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:11 pm Big Izzys card our first of the season. A telling stat, Frank robbed us of a clean disciplinary bill of health.

That's Frank Murphy who grew up in Crosshaven, South Cork, went to Christian Brothers Cork for schooling winning a Munster Schools cup. Followed by attending University College Cork playing a little rugby representing Cork Constitution and Munster.
Frank didn't rob us of a clean disciplinary record, it was stupid of Izzy to do what he did.

It does stick in the teeth though that he got the same sanction as O'Feckit got for trying to take someone's head off his shoulders.
He didn't do anything stupid, I've looked at it a few times and I'm not seeing any intent from Izzy. Interesting you're seeing it as deliberate. Incomparable to O'Feckit, Scannell off his feet in a ruck grabbing the scrum half was cynical, and comparable if you saw it the same way as Frank, neither a yellow card. The incident also happened 80 metres from our try line, wasn't as if it could have been deemed as denying a try scoring opportunity either.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Bogbunny
Initiate

Post by Bogbunny »

StandUp wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:32 pm
Big-al wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:22 pm
StandUp wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:19 pm
for dog and ulcer wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:14 pm Marty Moore deservedly MoM. 17 tackles. Non stop game.
Moore (Marty) was brilliant today. And was brilliant for 80 mins.
Stuart not so much.
Stuart?

If that’s referring to the ulster hooker, I thought he had a fine game. 15 or 16 tackles inside 60minutes, a few big carries and a decent showing in the lineout.

Sutherland was very good seriously agile and explosive for a prop.

Billy burns was non-existent. Big Stu wasn’t there to hold his hand.
No Al, Stuart Moore.
Stewart Moore
Respect

A cavalier among pork swordsmen.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:11 pm Who's the youngest whippersnapper here? Is there anybody below 40?
Still another few years to go.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:37 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:01 pm

He didn't do anything stupid, I've looked at it a few times and I'm not seeing any intent from Izzy. Interesting you're seeing it as deliberate. Incomparable to O'Feckit, Scannell off his feet in a ruck grabbing the scrum half was cynical, and comparable if you saw it the same way as Frank, neither a yellow card. The incident also happened 80 metres from our try line, wasn't as if it could have been deemed as denying a try scoring opportunity either.
I agree with you on nearly all of that, but I still think he deliberately played the ball after the whistle. Whether to stop a quick tap or whatever, it was enough of an excuse to give the ref an opportunity to show his authority, even , as you say, 80m from our line.

The rest of it, yeah - O'feckit should have seen red, and to get the same as Izzy was just totally unfair.

I thought Frank didn't have the worst of matches, but not the best either. There were definitely a few moments of inconsistency. Their first penalty was just wrong - but a few moments later he allowed them to steal one from us while the player was taking all his weight on his elbows/arms. The wrong one was penalised. We never agree with the ref on all decisions, but there were a couple of howlers there yesterday.

I was convinced O'feckit was only getting yellow whenFrank says "We're starting at red and working down" when TMO said, "I'm going to show you a shoulder to the head" (Or something like that) but before he'd even seen the first replay.

BTW, anyone else notice that Brace had the thumb up to Murphy for their try, even before he'd grounded the ball. Not good viewing considering he didn't catch it cleanly and might have fumbled it. He didn't, but Brace should have waited until the ball was grounded before signalling to the ref.
I'm not arguing -
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:37 pm83
Funny. I thought you were older.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:59 pm
He's not from this planet.

83 Planet Dave years equals a lot more Earth years.
I'm not arguing -
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Do refs not march players back 10 for that stuff anymore? It seemed a huffy yellow to me.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

Yeah and people expect me to go away games!?!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:14 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

Yeah and people expect me to go away games!?!
You'd be doing yourself (and us) a favour if you could just get TV rights for Dave for away matches. Even on Dave ja vu would be better than nathin. :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Dave wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:13 pm Do refs not march players back 10 for that stuff anymore? It seemed a huffy yellow to me.
Munster stopped ulster taking a quick tap a few minutes from fulltime and Murphy didn’t say a peep.

It will be one of the softest yellow cards seen in rugby this season. Pure nonsense, Izzy is 120kg and given the nature of the penalty can’t be expected to bounce up on his feet within a second.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Big-al wrote:
Dave wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:13 pm Do refs not march players back 10 for that stuff anymore? It seemed a huffy yellow to me.
Munster stopped ulster taking a quick tap a few minutes from fulltime and Murphy didn’t say a peep.

It will be one of the softest yellow cards seen in rugby this season. Pure nonsense, Izzy is 120kg and given the nature of the penalty can’t be expected to bounce up on his feet within a second.
Munster man Frank for you.