Ulster v Zebre Friday November 25th 7.35pm UK Time BBC NI

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Zebre Friday November 25th 7.35pm UK Time BBC NI

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Seems to be a somewhat premature announcement if you go to Ticketmaster!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:Don't want to be complacent but this is the sort of game where Matty Rea iusually looks like decent.
Matty Rea: hold my beer.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Dave wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:20 pm
Bart S wrote:Don't want to be complacent but this is the sort of game where Matty Rea iusually looks like decent.
Matty Rea: hold my beer.
The beer might run through him. Everyone else does.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:46 am Seems to be a somewhat premature announcement if you go to Ticketmaster!
A few seats left in the Premium Stand.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

With so many people going they should announce Du Toit at halftime.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Neill_M wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:10 pm LA FORMAZIONE DELLE ZEBRE PARMA CHE VENERDÌ 25 NOVEMBRE ALLE ORE 20:35 ITALIANE SCENDERÀ IN CAMPO AL KINGSPAN STADIUM DI BELFAST CONTRO I NORDIRLANDESI DELL’ULSTER NELL’8° TURNO DEL BKT UNITED RUGBY CHAMPIONSHIP:

15. Lorenzo Pani (8) 14. Jacopo Trulla (29) 13. Richard Kriel (5) 12. Enrico Lucchin (Cap) (42) 11. Simone Gesi (10) 10. Geronimo Prisciantelli (3) 9. Chris Cook (9) 8. Matt Kvesic (0) 7. Giacomo Ferrari (1) 6. Guido Volpi (2) 5. Andrea Zambonin (24) 4. Jan Uys (1) 3. Matteo Nocera (26) 2. Jacques Du Toit (4) 1. Juan Pitinari (10)

A disposizione:

16. Marco Manfredi (29) 17. Daniele Rimpelli (56) 18. Riccardo Genovese (0) 19. Leonard Krumov (78) 20. Iacopo Bianchi (38) 21. Ratko Jelic (1) 22. Joey Caputo (2) 23. Erich Cronjé (19)
I was going to say that there aren’t enough fly halves called Geronimo until I realised that Portugal have one too.
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

allezlesverres wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:54 pm
Neill_M wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:14 pm Bookies have Ulster 1/80 to win the game and 28 point favourites.
I got 30 points from my bookie. That's definitely worth a traitors bet. Ulster should certainly win comfortably but we don't have a strong history of destroying teams, even weak ones.
A double on Zebre and the USA to win?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Since when has the head contact framework been relevant to contact with the ground?

Ref's are just making shît up now.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Ulster possibly scored too many points too quickly and thus referee penalised anything and everything after that this put Zebre in the Ulster half and Ulster could only kick away possession for the bulk of the half .

The back line showed some promise at times but some players started to tried to hard .

Moore continues to impress and show promise

Flannery was basically given a bad hand in so far as the game was get the ball out and he is thus judged by the performance of others for most of the game.

A win is a win but after the first 10 minutes the rest of the game failed to full fill
the promise
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

A scrappy game. At best.
Like everybody, I thought that after ten inutes it was going to be embarrassing for the Italians, but we just sat back and gave away far too many penalties.
Still, as Rum says, a win is a win nd a bonus point isn't to be sniffed at.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

rumncoke wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:05 pm Ulster possibly scored too many points too quickly and thus referee penalised anything and everything after that
But can you point to any of those penalties where he actually got it wrong?

Ulster became complacent and gave away silly penalties and the ref just blew the whistle, but he was correct to do so.

At the end when we had the scrum on 80 minutes, with Toomaga -Allen crocked and replaced by Callum Reid, we should have just gone uncontested. We would have gone down to 13 but the clock was gone and we would have been guaranteed the ball from our own scrum and could have booted it dead. Instead we replace a tighthead with a loosehead (who had played very well as a loosehead), we lose our scrum and they go over for a try with the clock in the red. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Good to see Hendo back - and a rather good cameo when he came on. Showed what we had been missing.
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:42 pm Since when has the head contact framework been relevant to contact with the ground?

Ref's are just making shît up now.
Was that for the Doak yellow card?

At the match we obviously couldn't hear what was being said by TMO and ref etc, but it looked to most around me that Doak lifted the player above the horizontal - not terribly high, but still above the horizontal. He then didn't bring him down safely - due to the height, there wasn't much danger, and his hand came down before his head, so a clear and obvious yellow card accepted by most around me on the terrace. In the current climate a penalty only was never gonna happen, but it was never a red card. What boiled our pi$$ was the amount of time the officials took to arrive at a pretty obvious decision.

The Carter yellow card was just lazy and petty by him - he knew exactly what he was doing. It's such a pity because otherwise in the match and for several matches recently, he's been worthy of his place in the team.

Point of note was that we played 20 minutes with 14 men and won those 20 minutes 7-5.
Last edited by Cap'n Grumpy on Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not arguing -
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Flannery wasn’t injured was he?

Why not give him the full game?