La ROGelle January 2023

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: La ROGelle January 2023

Post by Neill_M »

El Presidente wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:13 pm Will you be bringing some extra flags for fake Ulstermen such as ourselves? Might as well make ourselves seen as well as heard. :fleg:

Apart from that, hoping that the wind and rain levels things up.
Will be lots of flags etc at the official Ulster Supporters Fanzone at McNulty's Pub in town (Friday 2pm-2am, Saturday 11am-2am). Flags etc arriving from 6pm on the Friday I am told.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

El Presidente wrote:Will you be bringing some extra flags for fake Ulstermen such as ourselves? Might as well make ourselves seen as well as heard. :fleg:

Should be ok, but you might not be deemed part of the official delegation if the brad pitt hits the fan.
El Presidente
Novice

Post by El Presidente »

Neill_M wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:49 pm Will be lots of flags etc at the official Ulster Supporters Fanzone at McNulty's Pub in town (Friday 2pm-2am, Saturday 11am-2am). Flags etc arriving from 6pm on the Friday I am told.
Thanks - we will swing by for pints and flag acquisition. >burp
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

El Presidente wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:13 pm Will you be bringing some extra flags for fake Ulstermen such as ourselves? Might as well make ourselves seen as well as heard. :fleg:

Flying ryanair, so no room for such luxuries in our gutty-bags. If you steal the bedsheet from your hotel, I'm sure the Capn could provide a witty slogan (not s.logan) and a wiki-how on how to paint it.

Make sure and say hello, if you run into us.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Anyone in Nantes on Friday night?
Was thinking of maybe havihg a beer.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

boysontour2 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:39 pm Boys on Tour may have 2 tickets for la rochelle. Anyone interested?
Two tickets for la rochelle sounds like a good swap, but it maybe depends what the tickets get you entrance to. :scratch:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:57 pm

Flying ryanair, so no room for such luxuries in our gutty-bags. If you steal the bedsheet from your hotel, I'm sure the Capn could provide a witty slogan
Not that one condones pilfering of bed sheets, and I admit that I am a tad out of thinking practice for such banners, but what about (with apologies to the Cherryvelley Strollers) :

POLITE Notice:
Ulster Fry Supérieur à French Crêpe

(We should know, we've been watching Ulster long enough to know a real steaming pile of crepes when we see one)
I'm not arguing -
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:01 pm

Flying ryanair, so no room for such luxuries in our gutty-bags. If you steal the bedsheet from your hotel, I'm sure the Capn could provide a witty slogan
Not that one condones pilfering of bed sheets, and I admit that I am a tad out of thinking practice for such banners, but what about (with apologies to the Cherryvelley Strollers) :

POLITE Notice:

:fleg: >appl >appl :fleg:

(We should know, we've been watching Ulster long enough to know a real steaming pile of crepes when we see one)
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

solidarity wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:19 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:01 pm

POLITE Notice:

:fleg: >appl >appl :fleg:

POLITE Notice:
[/size]
but only for 79 and a half minutes.
I'm not arguing -
El Presidente
Novice

Post by El Presidente »

:fleg: Thanks for all the craic, quite the evening (and day). Good chatting with you all, we were the three fellas in the Ireland shirts. I think we shut the home support up for long periods.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Ah - must have been one of you in the queue for the solitary (!!) bog in McNulty’s.

Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for your support - I won’t forget that weather in a hurry!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

justinr73 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:10 pm Ah - must have been one of you in the queue for the solitary (!!) bog in McNulty’s.

Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for your support - I won’t forget that weather in a hurry!
The gents trap broke on Thursday apparently (by way of alibi - I was still in Ulster until Friday morning). They said there was no way they could get it fixed in time.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
justinr73 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:10 pm Ah - must have been one of you in the queue for the solitary (!!) bog in McNulty’s.

The gents trap broke on Thursday apparently (by way of alibi - I was still in Ulster until Friday morning). They said there was no way they could get it fixed in time.
We've all had a visit to the traps that has transcended time.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
El Presidente
Novice

Post by El Presidente »

Ah yes, that was quite the queue. I went about my business in record time.

Depending where the fixtures take us next year, we may meet again (Lyon, Bordeaux are top of the wishlist).
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:25 pm
BR wrote:

We've all had a visit to the traps that has transcended time.
I wish i could make mine go back in time and smell like it did 2 hours ago.
www.stoutboys.co.uk