Yellow and Red Cards

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

MightyRearranger
Warrior

Re: Yellow and Red Cards

Post by MightyRearranger »

I'm happy with red cards being for the rest of the match when they are saved only for the sort of egregious stuff you got one for in the 5 nations era, but agree there could be something in-between a yellow and that.

I'd always thought 20 minutes followed by an enforced substitution would be the worth a try. Far too many games now are being ruined by an early red card for a mis-timed tackle or similar. I still feel a bit bitter about that Payne red card...
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Dave wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:49 am
kUD wrote:
Big-al wrote:Yellow card for 10 minutes
Orange card for 20 minutes
Red card for rest of match
If orange is 20, how long for a green card?
Until you get shot at a mall or school.
Trying to help the game crack the US market?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

MightyRearranger wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:11 pm I'm happy with red cards being for the rest of the match when they are saved only for the sort of egregious stuff you got one for in the 5 nations era, but agree there could be something in-between a yellow and that.

I'd always thought 20 minutes followed by an enforced substitution would be the worth a try. Far too many games now are being ruined by an early red card for a mis-timed tackle or similar. I still feel a bit bitter about that Payne red card...

Good that at least one of us is beginning to get over that.
I still feel very bitter about it.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

MightyRearranger wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:11 pm I still feel a bit bitter about that Payne red card...
Hear hear. And an excellent reason for our long standing tradition of not moving on.

I also feel bad about Tom Court's red against the Mexicans, although... hmmm.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Bit early to count chickens, but another big game with an early red card. Good for Ulster's chances of winning, but bad for the game. Was really looking forward to watching a full blooded inter-pro, so rare we get them with full strength teams.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

MightyRearranger wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:05 pm Bit early to count chickens, but another big game with an early red card. Good for Ulster's chances of winning, but bad for the game. Was really looking forward to watching a full blooded inter-pro, so rare we get them with full strength teams.
Don't suppose any of us know how to follow that early comment, MR.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Aye, it was posted when we were 22-3 up, but I still hate to see it. It was the biggest game of the year to date and I was looking forward to see two full strength teams going at it. As it happened, we fell apart in the second half but if we were to have held on and won there would have been an asterix next to it. Obviously it'd have been good from the perspective of league points, but it's not the sort of victory you go home feeling good about.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

MightyRearranger wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:34 pm Aye, it was posted when we were 22-3 up, but I still hate to see it. It was the biggest game of the year to date and I was looking forward to see two full strength teams going at it. As it happened, we fell apart in the second half but if we were to have held on and won there would have been an asterix next to it. Obviously it'd have been good from the perspective of league points, but it's not the sort of victory you go home feeling good about.
I take your point, but one possible exception is at the RDS where any sort of victory is one to feel good about.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right