Ulster Signings

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster Signings

Post by Dave »

A bit strange EOS being in the last few match day squads.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
HighlandRed
Novice

Post by HighlandRed »

Where would eos be off to?

Gilroy , Jordi can understand.

Duane , been glad to have him, good morale booster at the time of signing, good hard nut replacement in ewers though.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

So no PSDT then?
Exterminate all rational thought
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Sue Dename wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:38 pm I have it on good authority EOS is off at the end of the season.
EOS and Cooney are two of three who have yet to commit or sign on.

Gilroy, Carter, Jordi and Duane all departing.
EOS leaving to, wrong in my opinion, I just think our academy has gone backwards, is that the Academy fault or is it the head coaches ( Dan) fault for not giving them time to develop but used as tackle bag holders or opposition.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Both
Exterminate all rational thought
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Do we have a problem in conditioning props? Marty has always had a cuddly physique, so he gets a pass but the likes of EOS, Reid and TOT have been around the professional set up for long enough to trim the baby weight. They aren't going to turn into the porters of the world overnight but there doesn't seem to be much change there. Warwick is probably the only one who has 'tightened' up over the years, much to his benefit.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Not a surprise but hits the wage bill. Hopefully it is the motivation Jacob needs to get back on track.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ul ... 94923.html
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

jean valjean wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:00 am Not a surprise but hits the wage bill. Hopefully it is the motivation Jacob needs to get back on track.

Being totally ruthless should Ulster be offering him a new contract? If so how much? Not worthy of a better deal than Baloucoune or McIlroy etc.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:39 am
jean valjean wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:00 am Not a surprise but hits the wage bill. Hopefully it is the motivation Jacob needs to get back on track.

Being totally ruthless should Ulster be offering him a new contract? If so how much? Not worthy of a better deal than Baloucoune or McIlroy etc.
If Ulster let him go would it be a complete shock if he regained form and became a big success elsewhere, which could still be for another 4 or 5 years? To me the answer to that question is "no" and therefore ulster should keep him.

Stickdale, RB and Addison will always get some extra leeway as they can all be a point of difference to ulster's attack when struggling to unlock defences.

Stockdale definitely worth a 2 year "risk."
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:

50p for every high ball he catches.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Dave wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:29 am
UlsterNo9 wrote:

What are the ramifications for breaching the minimum wage regulations?!
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Dave wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:29 am
UlsterNo9 wrote:

:lol:
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

How many international wingers have burst onto the scene, had a 2-3 year dip in form, then suddenly regained their initial form and started upturning trees again?

Very few I'd imagine. Maybe in other positions but not at wing.

The main one that I can think of is Trimble, but he burst onto the scene at centre before his form dipped, then reinvented himself into a top class winger.

I fear that Stockdale will regain enough form to be a good quality winger, but will be weighed down by everyone's expectations that he should be playing the way he was in 2018, and as such always be recognised as an underperformer.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Jacob needs to get fit and stay fit. You wouldn't expect a sprinter to recover from an ankle injury and race again the next week yet we ask it of our wingers and expect the sharpness to be there.
He needs to be given time on the pitch and training paddock.
John_e_boy
Squire

Post by John_e_boy »

I'm presuming that Dave Ewers is one of our NIQs next year? No sign of an Irish terrier or family link to Ireland.