6N Travel

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Pimpmac
Initiate

6N Travel

Post by Pimpmac »

Gents, just looking for a bit of advice or ideas.

A few of us (4) are heading down to Dublin for the Ireland vs England game. Tickets, hospitality, the works - very excited! Looking for any ideas on travel options.

Obviously there are the rugby trains, they have released the tickets for the French match but not the England match yet, so times are still unclear. They may put a train on first thing in the morn but given its a late KO my concern is that it could be the middle of the day train down and is likely to be leaving Dublin by 9pm at the latest that eve. Given what we have organised we are keen to be in Dublin pre-lunch and not looking to leave that sharp after the match. Has anyone ever arranged private travel or have any contacts for that or any other ideas of how to get up and down the road.

Is there anyone out there looking for travel and happy to consider sharing a mini bus or is there anyone looking to fill a coach? Just throwing this out there to see if anyone has any thoughts/ideas/suggestions.
waggonsroll
Initiate

Re: 6N Travel

Post by waggonsroll »

Pimpmac wrote:Gents, just looking for a bit of advice or ideas.

A few of us (4) are heading down to Dublin for the Ireland vs England game. Tickets, hospitality, the works - very excited! Looking for any ideas on travel options.

Obviously there are the rugby trains, they have released the tickets for the French match but not the England match yet, so times are still unclear. They may put a train on first thing in the morn but given its a late KO my concern is that it could be the middle of the day train down and is likely to be leaving Dublin by 9pm at the latest that eve. Given what we have organised we are keen to be in Dublin pre-lunch and not looking to leave that sharp after the match. Has anyone ever arranged private travel or have any contacts for that or any other ideas of how to get up and down the road.

Is there anyone out there looking for travel and happy to consider sharing a mini bus or is there anyone looking to fill a coach? Just throwing this out there to see if anyone has any thoughts/ideas/suggestions.
There is a bus back at 0045 and 0245. Just over two and a half hours but you'd have to behave. No drinking or singing and the biggest problem might be getting home from Belfast. It's always a mad rush getting back to Connolly for the last train.

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Pimpmac wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:44 pm Gents, just looking for a bit of advice or ideas.

Could get Enterprise at 10:35am on way down and an aircoach bus back up via Airport etc. Or get return ticket on aircoach etc.

Aircoach leaves hourly 30 minutes past the hour on way and takes 2 hours 10 minutes to O'Connell Street. Last Aircoach goes back up North Saturday night at 10:30pm (next one 1:30am Sunday morning).
Pimpmac
Initiate

Post by Pimpmac »

Yea buses are an option but given drink will be onboard there is a bit of a concern there lol, that being said we arent exactly buck eijiits!

I've done the last train out before and it has as you mention always been an absolute dash to get. After the french match they are giving 2hrs before the train departs, I doubt given the later KO it will be the same for the English match...

Will keep the option of buses on the table and will probably chat to a private hire. Given there is 4 of us it may make sense to go down the route of a private hire, it will probably end up not a lot more when you take travel to and from the train station for each of us, the 4 train tickets and all the extra time it will take to and from the ground.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Sorry to hear this.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Pimpmac wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:31 pm Yea buses are an option but given drink will be onboard there is a bit of a concern there lol, that being said we arent exactly buck eijiits!

I've done the last train out before and it has as you mention always been an absolute dash to get. After the french match they are giving 2hrs before the train departs, I doubt given the later KO it will be the same for the English match...

Will keep the option of buses on the table and will probably chat to a private hire. Given there is 4 of us it may make sense to go down the route of a private hire, it will probably end up not a lot more when you take travel to and from the train station for each of us, the 4 train tickets and all the extra time it will take to and from the ground.
Re the rugby specials, for the Australia game in November which didn't start till 8pm, the trains back up North only left Dublin around Midnight. They can run beyond the last Enterprise north at 8:50pm.

Given the England game kick off (5pm), I would reckon the rugby trains will go around 9pm after the last Enterprise etc.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

https://www.translink.co.uk/special-eve ... ations2023

Times for rugby special for 18/3/2023 (England game) - 12:05pm down and returning at 20:49pm.