La Rochelle v Ulster (if you can’t be arsed to come to the game you can at least look up the TV details yourselves)

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: La Rochelle v Ulster (if you can’t be arsed to come to the game you can at least look up the TV details yourselves)

Post by kingofthehill »

Is round 16 over two legs again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Re: La Rochelle v Ulster (if you can’t be arsed to come to the game you can at least look up the TV details yourselves)

Post by jean valjean »

kingofthehill wrote:Is round 16 over two legs again?

Nope. Last 16 on 1/2nd April with qf a week later. You would hope if ulster had to go to leinster they would move it to the aviva given the time to sell tickets. We could get some money back after frostgate.
Last edited by jean valjean on Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

kingofthehill wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:49 pm Is round 16 over two legs again?

Just one match, all the better when we get Leinster and knock them out, the last season they'll have Sexton and Lancaster.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:49 pm
StandUp wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:07 pm I can’t decide if it was more painful to lose in the last play or listen to Rory Best for 80 minutes.
I hope he’s a good farmer….
I turned the volume down early on as i found him painful to listen to. Turning into another Fez.

I believe he's a very good farmer.
Best is terrible to listen to. Awful.

Would happily lose every game to the end of the season if I didn't have to suffer him again.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ravenhill pitch didn't look great during Ulster Women v Connacht Women earlier.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

A frost is forecast much of next week. I hope someone puts the covers down. Friday lunchtime would do.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Dave wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:28 pm A frost is forecast much of next week. I hope someone puts the covers down. Friday lunchtime would do.
Is the RDS free next weekend?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

StandUp wrote:
Dave wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:28 pm A frost is forecast much of next week. I hope someone puts the covers down. Friday lunchtime would do.
Is the RDS free next weekend?
No. Cost us 700k last time.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Looks likes it’s us v Clermont for the last place in group B. They have Stormers away which will be extremely tough. Another trip to the Aviva for a knockout game v Leinster would await.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

General Humbert excelled himself this evening.

Mrs justinr73 dutifully toddled off to the bar, ordered a round of five or six drinks and they wouldn’t take her money.

The owner said she’d spent enough there this weekend!

>appl
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

justinr73 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:27 am General Humbert excelled himself this evening.

Mrs justinr73 dutifully toddled off to the bar, ordered a round of five or six drinks and they wouldn’t take her money.

The owner said she’d spent enough there this weekend!

>appl
Unheard of! Bloody brilliant!
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Dharper wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:53 pm Thought Doak was excellent tonight, really stepped up. JTA, Marshall, Hendy, big performances. Overall huge credit to the lads, the elements meant tonight was always about attitude and character they fronted up. Unfortunately they don’t know how to win, undoubtedly there is a weakness there. LBP great effort against the champions at their home.

Qualification or not, we go after Sale. The away game was an absolute disgrace-next week is a chance to put things right, and turn the corner.
[/quote

Spot on

As a recent critic of Doaks thinking ability, good to see that he has realised that there might be people in the pitch with equal or even more nous than him ( apart from all the props obviously!).
And M As a had a fiestiness about him that was good to see and e was right to question ( to no avail) the alleged Timoney knock on.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

As others have said that was a gutsy Ulster performance and devastating to lose it at the end. Ulster was genuine unlucky I thought to lose the game (although La Rochelle could have drawn it easily enough in the end by taking one of the penalties on offer). Unlike the Connacht and Munster games which they threw away and the awful performance vs Sale and dreadful 1st half vs La Rochelle at the Aviva this was a much better performance.

As a recent critic of Hendy I thought he had a great 2nd half and showed his class. Thought Tredwell and Herring showed up well alongside Timoney and well done to the props for giving it their all against a fearsome scrummaging unit.

Would like to have seen more from DV again though. I am sure he did a lot of unseen work but this was the kind of game where I was hoping for some big plays from him. Seemed to be getting involved in a bit too much niggle for my liking.

Hopefully Clermont get thumped in SA which should give Ulster a chance of making the knockouts. If they get a draw or win then most likely Ulster will be out and heading towards the Parker Pen.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

HammerTime wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:55 pm Looks likes it’s us v Clermont for the last place in group B. They have Stormers away which will be extremely tough. Another trip to the Aviva for a knockout game v Leinster would await.
9th and an away game in Challenge Cup at Connacht / Bristol / Glasgow / Toulon / Cardiff sounds better!