Ulster V Stormers Friday 27th 7.35pm

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Ulster V Stormers Friday 27th 7.35pm

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Bart S wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:28 pm Not a popular opinion on here but IMHO Carter has been pretty decent THIS SEASON.
He was muck last season and before that okish with a couple of big injuries thrown in. I remember both he and Hendy getting injured as 1st choice locks vs Toulouse a couple if seasons ago.

Personally I dont groan when I see his name on the team sheet these days, unlike last season.
Likewise. :thumleft:

Dunno if it's trying to pay for a contract (or attract a new club), or if he was playing while not 100% previously, but there has been a difference in Big Sam this season, and it is for the better.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

MC was often not great in big games however he was the only effective carrier in the pack, he was a marked man before even getting on the pitch. Had UR recruitment been effective and he was 1 of 3 carriers in the pack things may have been different. You only have to see what carrying we had v Leicester a game we should have won comfortably when he wasn’t around.

I’ve never understood how UR has allowed packs to be so crap or hollowed out in quality thinking they’d be okay in big games. Ridiculous and Frank negligent thinking.
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:44 pm
Dave wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:38 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote:
big mervyn wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:45 pm
StandUp wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:00 pm Jono who? Never heard of him >seeya
Yes. The illustrious UR dead to me list
+
Afoa
Coetzee
Piutau

Gone and hopefully forgotten
Marcel owes us nothing Mervyn. We couldn't match his contribution to get us across the line. Piutau and Afoa agreed.
Apart from that year on his contract, that he had no intention of honouring because covid made him homesick. Despite being back home for most of it. Anyway, Jono Gibbes passed on his cure as he finds himself now in Japan.
Coetzee was the best NIQ back row we've had; arguably the best in the pro era. We got 4 seasons out of 5 albeit two injured not of his doing. He made no secret he was going back to bulls for a crack at SA.
Pedrie would like a word.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

allezlesverres wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:56 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:44 pm
Dave wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:38 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote:
big mervyn wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:45 pm

Yes. The illustrious UR dead to me list
+
Afoa
Coetzee
Piutau

Gone and hopefully forgotten
Marcel owes us nothing Mervyn. We couldn't match his contribution to get us across the line. Piutau and Afoa agreed.
Apart from that year on his contract, that he had no intention of honouring because covid made him homesick. Despite being back home for most of it. Anyway, Jono Gibbes passed on his cure as he finds himself now in Japan.
Coetzee was the best NIQ back row we've had; arguably the best in the pro era. We got 4 seasons out of 5 albeit two injured not of his doing. He made no secret he was going back to bulls for a crack at SA.
Pedrie would like a word.
I loved Pedrie but I will disagree with you pseudo backs. MC was our best NIQ forward. As has been pointed out, unless Hendo Was playing he was on his own
Exterminate all rational thought
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

His only crime was disloyalty
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Leaving Stadium after the game and I passed three EventSec guys knocking the head of each other in the street…. Christ so professional looking but I suppose u get what u pay for
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Cockatrice wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:27 pm Leaving Stadium after the game and I passed three EventSec guys knocking the head of each other in the street…. Christ so professional looking but I suppose u get what u pay for
Wabs
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

big mervyn wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:25 pm His only crime was disloyalty
:terror: :lol: I spat out my tea
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cockatrice wrote:Leaving Stadium after the game and I passed three EventSec guys knocking the head of each other in the street…. Christ so professional looking but I suppose u get what u pay for
I would pay a fair bit to see that.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Tap+Go
Novice

Post by Tap+Go »

Dave wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:52 pm
Cockatrice wrote:Leaving Stadium after the game and I passed three EventSec guys knocking the head of each other in the street…. Christ so professional looking but I suppose u get what u pay for
New half time entertainment suggestion!?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:25 pm His only crime was disloyalty
Title for the Netflix docudrama on his time at Ulster.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cockatrice wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:27 pm Leaving Stadium after the game and I passed three EventSec guys knocking the head of each other in the street…. Christ so professional looking but I suppose u get what u pay for
The red haired lassie (the wee yella line Nazi who I believe was once thrown out of the Gestapo for cruelty) would have knocked all their melts in.

Have to say, my experience of the stewards has been more positive of late. Definitely fewer jobsworths these days, on the terrace at least :thumleft:
Probably helps that unlike Trap 2, the ground is seldom bunged these days.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:42 pm
The red haired lassie (the wee yella line Nazi who I believe was once thrown out of the Gestapo for cruelty) would have knocked all their melts in.

Have to say, my experience of the stewards has been more positive of late. Definitely fewer jobsworths these days, on the terrace at least :thumleft:
Probably helps that unlike Trap 2, the ground is seldom bunged these days.
It could also be that over time, BCC aren't monitoring things as closely.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Dave wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:52 pm
...and to join in lol

Was passing the back of the stand after the match and Robbie Diack was chatting to one of the Stormers coaches who invited him into the changing room. The wee Eventsec man near had a seizure that he was going behind the barrier!
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.