Glasgow Vs Ulster Fri 17th Feb @ 7.45pm Viaplay Sports 1

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Glasgow Vs Ulster Fri 17th Feb @ 7.45pm Viaplay Sports 1

Post by Dave »

Give Dan an extension.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

jean valjean wrote:The loss of Payne has been huge and is really coming to light. His rugby intelligence was second to none and I can see him going on to have a coaching career similar to Rog.
I remember James Hume said in an interview last season that Payne was his biggest influence and his rugby intelligence is phenomenal.
Last edited by shamalicious on Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

shamalicious wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:41 pm
jean valjean wrote:The loss of Payne has been huge and is really coming to light. His rugby intelligence was second to none and I can see him going on to have a coaching career similar to Rog.
I remember James Hume said in an interview last season that Payne was his biggest influence and his rugby intelligence is phenomenal.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
Hume has had an awful season so far, after such a great one last year. No Payne to mentor the youngsters in the backline
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

No one teaching them how to catch. What about our skills coach? Do we have one?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:04 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:44 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:32 pm I think Dan's run out of ideas. No attacking threat other than the maul. The coaching team is well short. End of season Exodus?
And beaten by three maul tries. I don't know what it is but theres a truth or lesson to be had.
4-5 years is the normal lifespan of a coach. Fresh impetus is usually required at that stage.

Dan's just started a new contract of course...
Maybe he’ll get homesick.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

StandUp wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:54 pm
big mervyn wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:04 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:32 pm I think Dan's run out of ideas. No attacking threat other than the maul. The coaching team is well short. End of season Exodus?
And beaten by three maul tries. I don't know what it is but theres a truth or lesson to be had.
4-5 years is the normal lifespan of a coach. Fresh impetus is usually required at that stage.

Dan's just started a new contract of course...
Maybe he’ll get homesick.
And move to France.
RavenhillSUFTUM
Novice

Post by RavenhillSUFTUM »

Time for an entire clear out, including Petrie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Now we're talking.
RavenhillSUFTUM
Novice

Clearly a club in denial. Deleting comments on social media that are critical of them. Are we only allowed to praise them now?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

North Korea 2.0
RavenhillSUFTUM
Novice

Who is in charge of social media in the club? Another job for the boys person?
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

RavenhillSUFTUM wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:56 pm Who is in charge of social media in the club? Another job for the boys person?
Job for the boys?

Most of the 23 last night came from outside of Ulster, the coaching squad (apart from Bell) aren’t from the province and never worn the jersey and the CEO likewise. If there is one thing we can be certain about, is that the current Ulster set1up is not a ‘job for the boys’ operation.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

"Hammer the Hammer. "Better sides have learnt/ will learn to defend the maul- even if we score one off it, they'll outscore us as we currently have little other threat. One trick pony ATM.
Exterminate all rational thought
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Coming round to McFarland leaving, way too many players sidelined for extended periods of time. If you are unhappy with a person's application in training or a match I could accept dropping them for a game and letting them know why. If they up their game immediately then surely the lesson is learnt and have them available for selection. If it goes on longer than that how does it help Ulster?
Petrie and Cunningham at the end of the day I have know idea what they are responsible for, and that in itself is a big problem. Given Ulster hasn't really progressed under them either on the professional side, the academy, the club game or basic administration like making sure a pitch is playable leads me to conclude we wouldn't miss either of them.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Lurgan Lad wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:04 pm Coming round to McFarland leaving, way too many players sidelined for extended periods of time. If you are unhappy with a person's application in training or a match I could accept dropping them for a game and letting them know why. If they up their game immediately then surely the lesson is learnt and have them available for selection. If it goes on longer than that how does it help Ulster?
Petrie and Cunningham at the end of the day I have know idea what they are responsible for, and that in itself is a big problem. Given Ulster hasn't really progressed under them either on the professional side, the academy, the club game or basic administration like making sure a pitch is playable leads me to conclude we wouldn't miss either of them.
We have regressed through the club under their watch. The academy which was turning it around, is ebbing again
Exterminate all rational thought