Sharks v Ulster Saturday 25th February Noon Viaplay Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Re: Sharks v Ulster Saturday 25th February Noon Viaplay Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by Setanta »

>flog Never in doubt !! They all played well and a great victory. Sexton left four tries behind . Speedsters should run straight.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: Sharks v Ulster Saturday 25th February Noon Viaplay Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by StandUp »

Setanta wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:42 pm >flog Never in doubt !! They all played well and a great victory. Sexton left four tries behind . Speedsters should run straight.
I hope you aren’t objectifying speedsters!! :duck:
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

jean valjean wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:52 pm
StandUp wrote:
solidarity wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:47 pm Looks like we got more turnovers in that match than we got in the whole of the last three seasons. Great to see.
Maybe some of the young lads really will make good.
Agreed about Sexton - really quick but no idea how to use the speed to best efect.

My only gurns this week -

1. SA TV taking every oportunity to show us attractive young women. Just doesn't sit well with the father of two young women to have young women so objectified.
2. The word is deFENCE not DEEfence.

Happy to have nothing else to gurn about :D :D
Oversensitive much?
I saw plenty of not so attractive women and plenty of men shown also. I don’t see where the objectification is.
Maybe he only noticed the attractive ones? Image
Could well be oversensitive I suppose. Maybe SA rugby crowds are actually 50% attractive young women.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Back to the match, I'm guessing Marshall doesn't like Kok after being handed like that for one of the tries!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:06 pm Viaplay studio team reckon we've scored 40 of our 53 tries this season as a result of a lineout and maul drive.

Imagine if we could add a couple more tools to our belt.
We've signed plenty of tools over the years. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Aaron Sexton reminds me a bit of Maxwell a number of years back.

Give him space to run into and he'll do that very quickly and very well.

Put a defender in that space though, and he'll out-think himself and end up running straight into the defender or into touch.

Thinking doesn't seem to be a strong point.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Lurgan Lad wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:41 pm Back to the match, I'm guessing Marshall doesn't like Kok after being handed like that for one of the tries!
It was a poor effort to handle Kok.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

solidarity wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:35 pm
jean valjean wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:52 pm
StandUp wrote:
solidarity wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:47 pm Looks like we got more turnovers in that match than we got in the whole of the last three seasons. Great to see.
Maybe some of the young lads really will make good.
Agreed about Sexton - really quick but no idea how to use the speed to best efect.

My only gurns this week -

1. SA TV taking every oportunity to show us attractive young women. Just doesn't sit well with the father of two young women to have young women so objectified.
2. The word is deFENCE not DEEfence.

Happy to have nothing else to gurn about :D :D
Oversensitive much?
I saw plenty of not so attractive women and plenty of men shown also. I don’t see where the objectification is.
Maybe he only noticed the attractive ones? Image
Could well be oversensitive I suppose. Maybe SA rugby crowds are actually 50% attractive young women.
The late great Benny Hill will be turning in his grave for not going to a SA rugby game.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

At least Sexton makes yards quickly the problem fast guys have is they know if they run straight they make it easy for the tackler to target them esp if they don't have a quick variation in pace.

Hence the weave rather than vary pace with a side step

if facing one man you fined the frequently get tackled by a second

I thought he had a good outing

For what appeared to be a ramshackle selection a very pleasing result obtained by resting a few players who will have to run out against leinster in a couple of weeks.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

StandUp wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:34 pm
Lurgan Lad wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:41 pm Back to the match, I'm guessing Marshall doesn't like Kok after being handed like that for one of the tries!
It was a poor effort to handle Kok.
Lol!
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

He's not the biggest kok, but he is a real handful and loves to get stuck in which you don't often see for one that size.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:11 pm Aaron Sexton reminds me a bit of Maxwell a number of years back.

Put a defender in that space though, and he'll out-think himself and end up running straight into the defender or into touch.

Is he on the wrong wing? Right handed and constantly carrying with the right, leaving him open to being stripped instead of transferring to the outside arm.
Not instinctive; overthinks as Capn says-I guess because he came to rugby late from athletics?
Better today, but doesn't convince. Would prefer more upper body strength too.
Exterminate all rational thought
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Moore is such a smart player. Stewart, Sheridan and McCann young bulls. How is Jones near the squad with these two capable of playing 6?

I thought Flannery inventive and definitely worth persevering with.

Mcilroy caught stone cold shooting up for Sharks last try. Shocker
ljsulster
Novice

Post by ljsulster »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:20 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:11 pm Aaron Sexton reminds me a bit of Maxwell a number of years back.

Is he on the wrong wing? Right handed and constantly carrying with the right, leaving him open to being stripped instead of transferring to the outside arm.
Not instinctive; overthinks as Capn says-I guess because he came to rugby late from athletics?
He didn’t come late to rugby, he played all through school.
No excuse for basic flaws like wrong hand carrying
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

ljsulster wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:30 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:20 pm

He didn’t come late to rugby, he played all through school.
No excuse for basic flaws like wrong hand carrying
Was his time not split between both and at one stage athletics was a considered option? Either way I agree he has poor basic skills for this level, apart from a decent boot.