Omagh shooting

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Jetstream
Steward

Omagh shooting

Post by Jetstream »

Sad to see a return to violence and my thoughts are with the family of the PSNI officer.
Maybe those apologists who thought it was great craic for the ROI ladies football team to sing 'oh ah up the RA' might take a moment to reflect.
Leinster were also slated when they apologised for the accidental playing of it.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Re: Omagh shooting

Post by Big-al »

Yes, evil bastids. I hope the officer and his son are both recovering well. Watching two masked men come up & firing guns at your father must be absolutely terrifying.

It should be used as a reminder to those who try and justify the actions of both loyalist and republican terrorist during the troubles, these attacks on people are wrong and always were (pointing a finger directly at Michelle O’Neill.

Those chanting songs praising the IRA/UDA/UVF should be shunned by society.
horslips
Novice

Post by horslips »

The gunmen fully deserve the award of an OBE

One behind the ear

Evil moronic cnuts
STO SURSUM PRO ULSTERMEN
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

The idea of our society having moved on is just a facade. Still far too many inbred sc¥m full of hate in every section of the community, yet are far too imbecilic to understand why they hate.
It will take another few generations to die off before the progressive middle ground can make an impact.
horslips
Novice

Post by horslips »

StandUp wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:06 pm The idea of our society having moved on is just a facade. Still far too many inbred sc¥m full of hate in every section of the community, yet are far too imbecilic to understand why they hate.
It will take another few generations to die off before the progressive middle ground can make an impact.
As I recall Paisley started his career rabble rousing in Ballymena and as far as I can see not much has changed in over 40 years. Worst off all is the unfortunate democratic position that means the aforementioned imbeciles are entitled and permitted to vote even though they can barely understand the issues.
STO SURSUM PRO ULSTERMEN
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

StandUp wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:06 pm The idea of our society having moved on is just a facade. Still far too many inbred sc¥m full of hate in every section of the community, yet are far too imbecilic to understand why they hate.
It will, but I am at least glad that I didn't have to bring my son and daughter to see the death and destruction that I saw at close hand.

I believe I may have played football with one of his relatives about 40 years ago (also a police man) and my thoughts and prayers are with John Caldwell, his family & friends, and his colleagues who will not only be involved in investigating this, but also mindful that they may be next to be targetted.

Over the decades, republican terrorists targeted catholic police officers or those working with the nationalist community to discourage nationalists/ catholics from joining, just so they could try to justify their campaign against a "protestant" police force, which they helped to create. (and no I'm not saying there weren't mistakes and hatred on the protestant/unionist side).

For me the situation is the same now as it always should have been. There can only be one force for law and order. Every police force the world over has had rotten apples, and that includes the RUC/PSNI, but that does not mean every police force is corrupt, far from it. Community in general and much as I despise this term, "both sides" must get behind the one and only force for law and order if we are to keep sidelining these stars on both sides who just want to continue their discontinued war, or continue their criminal activities of drug dealing, racketeering and all the other thuggery they engage in claiming to represent one side or t'other. They are all only criminals, not freedom fighters or defenders of one particular community or the other.

My heart goes out to John Caldwell and those closest to him, and my full support goes to the forces of law and order on this island whether PSNI or An Garda Síochána who have also suffered at the hands of thugs on this wee island. :salut:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Well said Grumps.
And let’s hope that if the culprits can be convicted ( which undoubtedly won’t be easy) , they are not allowed a “deal” to encourage them to stop and let them and their fellow terrorists back into society. That couldn’t happen……could it?
And these guns must have missed the decommissioning phase?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Evil will always persist. In NI it self-legitimises behind a 'cause'. In reality these individuals are sociopaths. They would find a motive for murder wherever and whenever they resided. Thankfully, John was wearing some kevlar and may hopefully see some meaningful recovery soon.

Edit: article referring to body armour has been pulled. Don't mean to spread false information so please disregard.
Last edited by Dave on Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

Well said Grumps totally agree and also with Dave's summary and thank God he was wearing some protection but shows the state o this place when a man has to go to kids football training wearing body armour
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

Well said Grumps totally agree and also with Dave's summary and thank God he was wearing some protection but shows the state of this place when a man has to go to kids football training wearing body armour
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Dave wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:07 pm Evil will always persist. In NI it self-legitimises behind a 'cause'. In reality these individuals are sociopaths. They would find a motive for murder wherever and whenever they resided. Thankfully, John was wearing some kevlar and may hopefully see some meaningful recovery soon.
Unfortunately these filth in large part are encouraged by passive support from sections of their communities. There will be people out there, friends or relatives who know something about their “activities” but instead of reporting their suspicions, they ignore or privately support.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

StandUp wrote:
Dave wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:07 pm Evil will always persist. In NI it self-legitimises behind a 'cause'. In reality these individuals are sociopaths. They would find a motive for murder wherever and whenever they resided. Thankfully, John was wearing some kevlar and may hopefully see some meaningful recovery soon.
Unfortunately these filth in large part are encouraged by passive support from sections of their communities. There will be people out there, friends or relatives who know something about their “activities” but instead of reporting their suspicions, they ignore or privately support.
Absolutely. They must have been following his movements or got inside info from a local kunt.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Such desperate news to hear, hope and pray that the police officer fully recovers and these evil men are brought to justice. Like the Lyra McKee murder, when you hear the cases this police officer had been working on it makes you wonder how this stars have any support. To try and murder someone in front of their child at football training when there are other kids there shows a level of depravity that not many would understand.

Politically the most positive time we have had in local government is bizarrely when Paisley and McGuinness were the first and deputy first ministers, so disappointing that we have had so little of parties outwardly working together never mind actually working! Hopefully this does encourage politicians to consider they need to be role models in how they conduct themselves in making NI a better place.