Ulster v Connacht

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Connacht

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

shamalicious wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:30 pm FWIW, I heard The42.ie clip of Jackman saying it was a "bad crowd", and it seems he meant it in the context of poor numbers in attendance.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
Not what I took from it Sham. From a numbers POV apart from some of the hospitality and about 1/5 of the Family stand Ravers was about what 14/ 15k? Not insubstantial. I felt he was alluding more to "the wrong sort".

Just an opinion. Happy to be corrected. I'm just sensitive I guess :flower: :lol:
Exterminate all rational thought
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Was talking to a former player at the weekend who mentioned to me that he was concerned in the build-up to the match because players were more concerned with a home semi-final against Stormers and getting revenge for last season, rather than concentrating on winning the match in front of them before that semi.
Eye off the ball???? :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:21 pm The Strangler said he nearly cried because they had let down all the players that were leaving. :scratch: Err ... were most of them not a large part of the problem on Friday?

He should have saved his greetin' for anybody that parted with their hard earned to watch that on Friday.
Players aren't interested in playing for their (or our) province any longer. It's all about playing for their team-mates (or 'the club' as players and management now call it).

When you're letting your mates down, you can excuse yourself when they are letting you down too. Compare with P.O'C. describing how he'd avoid eye contact with people in the street if he felt he hadn't performed to a high enough standard that weekend.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:25 pm
shamalicious wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:30 pm FWIW, I heard The42.ie clip of Jackman saying it was a "bad crowd", and it seems he meant it in the context of poor numbers in attendance.

... From a numbers POV apart from some of the hospitality and about 1/5 of the Family stand Ravers was about what 14/ 15k? ...
Not even close!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

Not what I took from it Sham. From a numbers POV apart from some of the hospitality and about 1/5 of the Family stand Ravers was about what 14/ 15k? Not insubstantial. I felt he was alluding more to "the wrong sort".

Just an opinion. Happy to be corrected. I'm just sensitive I guess :flower: :lol:
Also thought he was talking about numbers fwiw
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

49 seconds in:
https://youtu.be/QgCUkIevKPQ

Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

allezlesverres wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:55 am

Also thought he was talking about numbers fwiw
What was the official crowd?- it was hardly Ospreys level empty from 2018...
Was well north of 12k given max capacity is 17.5k odd
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

The crowd around me was jolly rough. There was scant applause at the final whistle for Connacht's victory and at one point a fellow sneezed and there wasn't even a single "bless you" forthcoming. Some of the chaps were even quaffing Lager.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Rum do. Too many proletariat these days. Set the Leopard on them and teach em manners.

What would Logan make of it all? Ignoring the UR laws around a sporting crowd and UR values.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

And some even put their pints on the ground. How crude and against the rules apparently now.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

jean valjean wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:34 pm And some even put their pints on the ground. How crude and against the rules apparently now.
Quite - as was pointed out by a jobsworth eventsec guy before the terrace had even started to fill up.

Alcohol can damage your health apparently :shock: - not by drinking it, bless him - it wouldn't be sold at Ravenspan if that was the case.

No, apparently one could trip on a pint left on the terrace, or slip on its contents if upturned. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
jean valjean wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:34 pm And some even put their pints on the ground. How crude and against the rules apparently now.
Quite - as was pointed out by a jobsworth eventsec guy before the terrace had even started to fill up.

Alcohol can damage your health apparently :shock: - not by drinking it, bless him - it wouldn't be sold at Ravenspan if that was the case.

No, apparently one could trip on a pint left on the terrace, or slip on its contents if upturned. :roll:
More likely to get a slap on the beak for knocking it over.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I enjoy kicking them over.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Dave wrote:I enjoy kicking them over.
Do you want to play 10? Because Billy couldn't kick it over.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jackie Brown wrote:
Dave wrote:I enjoy kicking them over.
Do you want to play 10? Because Billy couldn't kick it over.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Well at least he can tackle and pass. He can tackle and pass, right?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?