URC Semi Final - Ulster vs Stormers - Saturday 13th May k.o. 3pm. Live on Viaplay/URC TV/Supersport and Dave's Sofa

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: URC Semi Final - Ulster vs Stormers - Saturday 13th May k.o. 3pm. Live on Viaplay/URC TV/Supersport and Dave's Sofa

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:Looked at the forecast and it may be too sunny for the pitch to be playable next weekend.
Luckily for us, Munster have generously agreed to offer Thomond Park as an alternative , if we also pay them £750k and give them our share of the gate receipts.
The UR social media team came up with a clinker. They are calling it Thomine Park. Gas lads.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: URC Semi Final - Ulster vs Stormers - Saturday 13th May k.o. 3pm. Live on Viaplay/URC TV/Supersport and Dave's Sofa

Post by Jackie Brown »

Great to see one of the most skilled and smartest 10s in world rugby grabbing the game by the scruff and steering is to victory.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Paddy back Jackie?... Didn't see that coming :duck:
Exterminate all rational thought
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

The highlight for me was the support line Milo ran to go under the sticks after Aaron Sexton made that intercept in our 22. Good job he was there, as Sexton didn't have the gas to score otherwise.
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

This thread reminds me of the Python Yorkshiremen "We were poor" sketch, so to bring it to levels of complete farce...

...Rumours abound in the media of Toulouse making a daring bid for the "dream team" of coach Soper (with his magic laptop), outhalf Billy (tough as teak) Burns and, to seal it, back row colossus Jonesy. Ugo Mola was unavailable for comment. Shares in Ulster Rugby were reported to be in freefall last night....
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Marco wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:38 pm This thread reminds me of the Python Yorkshiremen "We were poor" sketch, so to bring it to levels of complete farce...

...Rumours abound in the media of Toulouse making a daring bid for the "dream team" of coach Soper (with his magic laptop), outhalf Billy (tough as teak) Burns and, to seal it, back row colossus Jonesy. Ugo Mola was unavailable for comment. Shares in Ulster Rugby were reported to be in freefall last night....
The last thing to go into freefall at Ulster was Matty Rea....down a set of stairs
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Heard rumours that Dan may rest a few first choice players for the final. Despite our squad depth (and pack) being the envy of Europe, he dies gave to take into consideration the challenges of battling on less than one front, at this time of the season.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Marco wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:38 pm This thread reminds me of the Python Yorkshiremen "We were poor" sketch, so to bring it to levels of complete farce...

If they go for Niall Malone as well it'll be the 2008 crash all over again, with Ulster the equivalent of sub prime mortgages bubble...... Although Jones, Matty and Burns are triple A rated by Dan so ratios of BS are fine until the music's over.... (Margin Call reference for ye)
Exterminate all rational thought
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

No injury update this week.

Must mean that Addison is fit for the final :cheers:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ferris is back on the grass too.

Hendy grew another arm to replace the broken one.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:45 pm Ferris is back on the grass too.

Ferris?? Ah ffs. We don't need yet another big ball carrier and wrecking machine in the pack.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:
Dave wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:45 pm Ferris is back on the grass too.

Ferris?? Ah ffs. We don't need yet another big ball carrier and wrecking machine in the pack.
Good point. The dominance of the pack is wearing thin. It's a bit cringy to have so much front foot ball.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

'They're the envy of every club in England' - Steve Borthwick

'Ils font l'envie de tous les clubs de France.' Fabien Galthie

'Hulle is die afguns van elke klub in Suid-Afrika.' - Rassie Erasmus

'Sono da far invidia a tutti i club d'Italia' - Kieran Crowley

'Ellos son la envidia de cada club en Argentina' - Michael Cheika

彼らは日本のあらゆるクラブの羨望の的だ - Jamie Joseph

'I hate them.' - Leo Cullen, Andy Friend, Graham Rowntree

'I'm thinking of asking for internatonal matches to be moved to Belfast' - Andy Farrell
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

solidarity wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:36 pm 'They're the envy of every club in England' - Steve Borthwick

'Ils font l'envie de tous les clubs de France.' Fabien Galthie

'Hulle is die afguns van elke klub in Suid-Afrika.' - Rassie Erasmus

'Sono da far invidia a tutti i club d'Italia' - Kieran Crowley

'Ellos son la envidia de cada club en Argentina' - Michael Cheika

彼らは日本のあらゆるクラブの羨望の的だ - Jamie Joseph

'I hate them.' - Leo Cullen, Andy Friend, Graham Rowntree

'I'm thinking of asking for internatonal matches to be moved to Belfast' - Andy Farrell

>appl >appl
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

And all achieved with a population of just 23 able-bodied men, compared to competitors like the megacity of Galway