Petries Answering Questions

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Petries Answering Questions

Post by kingofthehill »

Any pressing questions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

kingofthehill wrote:Any pressing questions?

How could the Pr team not realise the camera was running live for 20 minutes with a range of people walking across the shot and others saying 1,2,1,2 into a microphone? Including a shot of JP chatting on his mobile oblivious he was being live streamed.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

kingofthehill wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:31 pm Any pressing questions?

No complete waste of time.

He's happy to engage on social media. It's very important for him.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

damianmcr wrote:

Who is JP answerable to?

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Sounded like good news re Addison.

James French mentioned - don’t think the UR website has got around to confirming the signing yet?
ljsulster
Novice

Post by ljsulster »

damianmcr wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:36 pm

Don’t know what more you wanted from him

Mentioned changing the game plan to suit the young back line again but I’ll hold my breath on that.
Also said about changing selection policy to increase rotation in the squad (specifically named Flannery and Izzy)

Academy intake increasing by 50% with academy players getting opportunities to play next season
ljsulster
Novice

Post by ljsulster »

Though he didn’t mention anything about McFarland or the mood in the dressing room
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

ljsulster wrote:

Mentioned changing the game plan to suit the young back line again but I’ll hold my breath on that.
Also said about changing selection policy to increase rotation in the squad (specifically named Flannery and Izzy)

Academy intake increasing by 50% with academy players getting opportunities to play next season
Wasn’t able to watch the interview but can’t imagine he answered any hard hitting questions.

Did he answer or did anyone ask ‘who was at fault for the LAR pitch mess?’, ‘why was McFarland given such a long contract when he would know what the players thought?’

Increasing full academy places or just putting more into the sub academy for them to realise it’s not worth the bother for the time and money?

Have you heard who’s in the academy yet?

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

ljsulster wrote:Though he didn’t mention anything about McFarland or the mood in the dressing room
I picked up the comment about the size of the playing squad being detrimental to moral as when everyone was fit some didn't get game time. A smaller squad with decent rotation keeps everyone a little bit happier. All fine and well until an injury crisis.
ljsulster
Novice

Post by ljsulster »

kingofthehill wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:54 pm
ljsulster wrote:

Wasn’t able to watch the interview but can’t imagine he answered any hard hitting questions.

Did he answer or did anyone ask ‘who was at fault for the LAR pitch mess?’, ‘why was McFarland given such a long contract when he would know what the players thought?’

Increasing full academy places or just putting more into the sub academy for them to realise it’s not worth the bother for the time and money?

On the La Rochelle mess he said “there are things we should’ve done better but also things epcr should’ve done better”

On the academy I’ve heard
Ward
Mckillop
Kenny
Mcfarlane
Graham
Stevens
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

jean valjean wrote:
ljsulster wrote:Though he didn’t mention anything about McFarland or the mood in the dressing room
I picked up the comment about the size of the playing squad being detrimental to moral as when everyone was fit some didn't get game time. A smaller squad with decent rotation keeps everyone a little bit happier. All fine and well until an injury crisis.
Yeh Leinster struggle with a big playing squad,so much so that training/training matches harder than the URC matches. A small squad is nothing other than money saving.

kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

ljsulster wrote:
ljsulster wrote:

On the La Rochelle mess he said “there are things we should’ve done better but also things epcr should’ve done better”

Ward
Mckillop
Kenny
Mcfarlane
Graham
Stevens
I don’t want to question you when it comes to the academy as you seem to know but I heard that Ward didn’t get in. Maybe he got sub academyImage

ljsulster
Novice

Post by ljsulster »

kingofthehill wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:04 pm
ljsulster wrote:
ljsulster wrote:

Ward
Mckillop
Kenny
Mcfarlane
Graham
Stevens
I don’t want to question you when it comes to the academy as you seem to know but I heard that Ward didn’t get in. Maybe he got sub academyImage

I had heard a few rumours Stevens hadn’t made it.
I’m assuming Ward is in from the way Cunningham was speaking about him after the cup final about being the future of ulster rugby along with Boyd and Kenny.

James Mckillop up for schools player of the year- not often someone who didn’t reach the cup final gets nominated
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

justinr73 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:14 pm
richardt84 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:09 pm ‘We were unfortunate to go out at that stage’ - if I picked that up correctly and Ulster are using the term ‘unfortunate’ in any way connected to the quarter final result then I have absolutely no faith in anyone connected to the club in looking at the season with the ruthlessness that is required. I know he used other terms like disappointing but in no way was that result unfortunate.
You do know that unfortunate can (and does) mean “regrettable” and/or “lamentable” right?

Seemingly not, I guess.

I should have realised that’s what he meant when he preceded the word unfortunate with ‘we were’ rather than ‘it was’. Had the context have alluded to any hint of the exit being regrettable or lamentable then I wouldn’t have felt the need to comment with a concern that Ulster will fail to look at that game as anything other than an isolated poor performance.
RuPi
Initiate

Post by RuPi »

16 in the academy for next season as it stands, McKillop and Ward are NTS (Sub Academy).