"Unnamed" BBC presenter

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

"Unnamed" BBC presenter

Post by big mervyn »

Is there anybody left who doesn't actually know who he is? :scratch:

...apart from Rishi Sunak apparently.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Jetstream
Steward

Re: "Unnamed" BBC presenter

Post by Jetstream »

Diversion tactics from Johnson and Osborne. Those are the news stories that should be highlighted..
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Is there anyone out there who cares?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Unfortunately 90% of the women on social media who can’t wait to maul another male for an offence he may or may not have committed .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Funny how you can feel opposite things at the same time. I feel sorry for any guy who has serious mental health problems. At the same time I feel utter revulsion for a man who takes advantage of vulnerable young people, whether there's an actual crime or not.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

[album][/album]
solidarity wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:47 pm Funny how you can feel opposite things at the same time. I feel sorry for any guy who has serious mental health problems. At the same time I feel utter revulsion for a man who takes advantage of vulnerable young people, whether there's an actual crime or not.
[/quote

I don't know what he did or didn't do. I'm not going to make my judgment on anything written in a Shiite rag like The Sun
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Jetstream wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:03 pm [album][/album]
solidarity wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:47 pm Funny how you can feel opposite things at the same time. I feel sorry for any guy who has serious mental health problems. At the same time I feel utter revulsion for a man who takes advantage of vulnerable young people, whether there's an actual crime or not.
[/quote

I don't know what he did or didn't do. I'm not going to make my judgment on anything written in a Shiite rag like The Sun
Absolutely right, Jet.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Jetstream wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:03 pm [album][/album]
[/quote

... and I always thought they were Sunni
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

solidarity wrote:Funny how you can feel opposite things at the same time. I feel sorry for any guy who has serious mental health problems. At the same time I feel utter revulsion for a man who takes advantage of vulnerable young people, whether there's an actual crime or not.
The guy in question released a statement through his lawyer, saying there was nothing inappropriate that happened and the sun's claims were rubbish. Just an old fashioned gay witch hunt, it seems.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jetstream
Steward

Re:

Post by Jetstream »

Dave wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:04 am
solidarity wrote:Funny how you can feel opposite things at the same time. I feel sorry for any guy who has serious mental health problems. At the same time I feel utter revulsion for a man who takes advantage of vulnerable young people, whether there's an actual crime or not.
The guy in question released a statement through his lawyer, saying there was nothing inappropriate that happened and the sun's claims were rubbish. Just an old fashioned gay witch hunt, it seems.
We do not know if the youngster is male or female. So it is wrong to bring the word 'gay' into it.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I have read as little as possible about this, but correct me if I'm wrong:

Did he make some poor choices in his personal life? It would seem likely.

Did he break the law
? Apparently not.

Did his actions compromise his abilities as a journalist? Hardly.

Are there more important things happening in the world, to which media time would be better directed? Absofcknlutely.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

you are so right BR

but human beings ( especially female ) are really only interest in one thing watching the fall of men due to sexual misbehaviour and the more powerful the man the greater their delight.

Men on the other hand exploit fallen woman .
Which is worst ?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:28 am I have read as little as possible about this, but correct me if I'm wrong:

Did he break the law
? Apparently not.

Are there more important things happening in the world, to which media time would be better directed? Absofcknlutely.
I concur, but would add that in his recent past (ie probably 20 years), he hasn't even needed to be a journalist - just someone who reads what's put on a screen in front of him.

And reads it rather well, I hasten to add - probably because he has a journalistic background and understands how to do these things.

My question now would be why are the BBC investigating what appears to have been a private matter between private individuals, (assuming anything happened at all).

Unless he was abusing BBC property, working time or in any way compromising the Beeb, what has it got to do with them.

Reminds me of a case a number of years ago when a couple of young men, in their own time, in their own property (or one of them anyway) did nothing that a lot of other young men and women didn't do week in week out without any condemnation, but ended up losing their jobs because their employer thought it had something to do with them.

Don't recall the exact details, but do recall that I didn't agree with what those young men got up to, but I defend their right to do it, so long as it was lawful to do so, and from memory, it was shown at the time that no one had broken any laws - except that a young woman probably perjured herself but got away with it, because apparently we don't know who she was either.

If and until the police find that someone broke the law, it's no one else's business.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:02 pm
BR wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:28 am I have read as little as possible about this, but correct me if I'm wrong:

Did he break the law
? Apparently not.

I concur, but would add that in his recent past (ie probably 20 years), he hasn't even needed to be a journalist - just someone who reads what's put on a screen in front of him.

And reads it rather well, I hasten to add - probably because he has a journalistic background and understands how to do these things.

My question now would be why are the BBC investigating what appears to have been a private matter between private individuals, (assuming anything happened at all).

Unless he was abusing BBC property, working time or in any way compromising the Beeb, what has it got to do with them.

Reminds me of a case a number of years ago when a couple of young men, in their own time, in their own property (or one of them anyway) did nothing that a lot of other young men and women didn't do week in week out without any condemnation, but ended up losing their jobs because their employer thought it had something to do with them.

Don't recall the exact details, but do recall that I didn't agree with what those young men got up to, but I defend their right to do it, so long as it was lawful to do so, and from memory, it was shown at the time that no one had broken any laws - except that a young woman probably perjured herself but got away with it, because apparently we don't know who she was either.

If and until the police find that someone broke the law, it's no one else's business.
Perhaps it should be until the court finds ...

As an aside, although it is none of business, I await with ...err... baited breath ... so to speak ... for the first prosecutions under NI's new law, criminalising certain practices between consenting adults. A very unusual peace of legislation in the modern era, I feel.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Thus by their deeds everyone knows
The IR —- FU