£900k in the hole 22/23

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dharper
Steward

£900k in the hole 22/23

Post by Dharper »

https://www.the42.ie/ulster-rugby-900k- ... t-10603976

No wonder they are ditching the rolling maul….we need bigger crowds!!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: £900k in the hole 22/23

Post by Dave »

Speaking of holes...as in golf. Is local a-hole Rory McIlroy still not backing his favourite team?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/67137572

More glamorous fish to fry these days?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:24 pm Speaking of holes...as in golf. Is local a-hole Rory McIlroy still not backing his favourite team?
He's putting his dosh into F1
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I couldn't imagine a more d1ckhead move.

So anyway, we might have near broke even if someone had remembered to put the covers on. Discuss ...
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

That's a pretty grim number and would make me question the wisdom of making any big marquee signings at all. Not a aubscriber, so can't read the article, but the other big ticket items is presumably the new pitch. I'm not sure if it'd have gone on the accounts for last season or this one?
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

MightyRearranger wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:34 am That's a pretty grim number and would make me question the wisdom of making any big marquee signings at all. Not a aubscriber, so can't read the article, but the other big ticket items is presumably the new pitch. I'm not sure if it'd have gone on the accounts for last season or this one?
Yes a grim number but loss reduced to £718k after tax. The 42 article is a typical D4 media presentation. Where are the accounts for the other three provinces? At least Ulster has the transparency (they are on the site) to release their results. Munster Rugby stopped releasing theirs about 3 years ago, I assume, because they were so poor. I would guess that Connacht is losing money or at best breaking even.
We lost the income from the La Rochelle game but I underand that match income was remitted to Dublin. How was this treated in the results? I don't know the answer. As for the cost of the plastic pitch, my reading is that it is a capital cost and as such does not influence the annual results.
Will we get any financial support from the IRFU? It would be great to see us hosting a New Zealand or South African XV. But unlikely as we are not Munster or Leinster.
Will Rory support us? I wouldn't think so. He's still huffing from the crowd singing 'Sweet Caroline" at him when he last visited us. I used to really like the guy but I think he has outgrown his roots and is more interested in supporting a successful brand such as F1. I see he could make the Irish matches in Paris but the Kingspan is now a hostile place for him.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Be that as it may but this season is surely D Day for the likes of Petrie, Cunningham, McFarland, Burns, Matty Rea, Curtis, Jones, Soper et al. and even Addison. Another crackpot season like last season whether it be sh!tgate, pitchgate or whatever the fk else they can come up with then they just need shot of entirely. In saying that, the annual disspointment of being serial floppers is gone and it's a new season so let's all get behind this shower. Until the next fkup anyway. SUFTUM.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

HammerTime wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:21 am Be that as it may but this season is surely D Day for the likes of Petrie, Cunningham, McFarland, Burns, Matty Rea, Curtis, Jones, Soper et al. and even Addison. Another crackpot season like last season whether it be sh!tgate, pitchgate or whatever the fk else they can come up with then they just need shot of entirely. In saying that, the annual disspointment of being serial floppers is gone and it's a new season so let's all get behind this shower. Until the next fkup anyway. SUFTUM.
It's long past D Day. Must be Z day by now. The Last Chance Saloon has called time.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

They must have estimated how much extra income the pitch will generate this season and beyond?
I thought the ability to rent out the pitch was an additional income stream.
I can't see a touring side wanting to play on a plastic pitch, especially a southern hemisphere one. We need to be pushing for more u20 six nations games. Why does munster get all of these? They would generate as big a crowd as an ulster league game.
earl the beaver
Novice

Post by earl the beaver »

Dave wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:24 pm Speaking of holes...as in golf. Is local a-hole Rory McIlroy still not backing his favourite team?
He's never backed us and why the asshole comment?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

earl the beaver wrote:
Yeah he's never backed us. Arsehole.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:04 pm
earl the beaver wrote:
Bit harsh Dave. What about the Rockets?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
earl the beaver
Novice

Post by earl the beaver »

earl the beaver wrote:
We've never courted private investment like Munster and Leinster did for certain deals so there's never been any investment.

Again, why the arsehole comment?
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

big mervyn wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:03 pm
earl the beaver wrote:
Bit harsh Dave. What about the Rockets?

Probably had a look on here and decided he didn’t want to be associated with that bunch of areseholes……..in any guise. Sometimes I am not sure myself!