Dublin Riots.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Jetstream
Steward

Dublin Riots.

Post by Jetstream »

A post from Babbling Brook.

"Dublin, much like every Irish town and cuty, has far too many skangers and scumbags. I heard Leo before saying the anti social problems were caused by covid. This is complete nonsense. I left Ireland in 2009. When I go back every year to see family, the city is a f%~king dump but so many of the commuter towns are gross. The conformity of the scumbag. Those sh!t looking tracksuit bottoms (usually Adidas) some sh!t looking top and an English football jersey. Looking at the videos on Twitter, the vast vast majority of the people causing problems match that description. Do these people have an ideology? Are they there because an Algerian man stabbed people?

Or are Dublin skangers just doing what skangers do. However on a larger scale? I'm sure there were some really nasty #Irelandisfull people involved. Labeling skangers who set a bus on fire as a "patriot." Thankfully they have no party to vote for. The best they can achieve, now, is rallying Dublin teenage scumbags to throw stuff at the Gardai on their behalf, and then sell it to Twitter as Irish people saying "enough is enough."

I hate Dublin. It is such a majorly disappointing city. Some areas are incredibly beautiful with an amazing history. There are lovely parks and bars. The coast is nice. But the city is rotting. And the outskirts are basically scumbagville."
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Re: Dublin Riots.

Post by MightyRearranger »

If only everyone was born into an upper middle class family able to send their kids to one of the big Dublin private schools the world would be a better place I suppose...
Big Smoke Culchie
Squire

Post by Big Smoke Culchie »

Well . . . obviously.
Joe Schmidt is a Leinster ballbag
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The problem in Dublin and Ireland is that there two different types of people ( both north and south ) those who work and those who don't and in many cases the for the unemployed it is both an enforced and unenforced life style choice -- born into poverty and depraved of ambition because of it .

They are well balanced -- a chip on each shoulder . Life is a struggle living from day to day frequently in debt-- bills unpaid and food from the chippy because they can't afford to shop living in hope that the next horse is a winner while sitting in the bar to avoid the wife ? whose looking for money to buy something for the kids .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I'm sure the looting of the sport shops will really make the immigrants think twice before they stab someone.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Dave wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:13 pm I'm sure the looting of the sport shops will really make the immigrants think twice before they stab someone.
As someone commented they didn't loot Eason's.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

The rioters probably chose to overlook the fact that it was a Brazilian economic migrant who jumped off his delivery bike and tackled the knife wielding nutter.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Jetstream wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:43 am Thankfully they have no party to vote for. "
However...

Sinn Féin leader Mary Lou McDonald said she has no confidence in Commissioner Harris or Justice Minister Helen McEntee.

She said the "cold, hard truth" was that police "lost control of the centre of our capital city".

"The idea that this violence was unforeseeable is frankly nonsense," she added.

BBC website
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

big mervyn wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:31 pm The rioters probably chose to overlook the fact that it was a Brazilian economic migrant who jumped off his delivery bike and tackled the knife wielding nutter.
Haven't you heard this isn't true. Apparently it was a local lad Warren or so says Stacey Power Donohoe

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php/?i ... _open_user

Gobshite
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

solidarity wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:00 pm
Jetstream wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:43 am Thankfully they have no party to vote for. "
However...

Sinn Féin leader Mary Lou McDonald said she has no confidence in Commissioner Harris or Justice Minister Helen McEntee.

She said the "cold, hard truth" was that police "lost control of the centre of our capital city".

"The idea that this violence was unforeseeable is frankly nonsense," she added.

BBC website
Sinn Fein does what Sinn Fein does.

It's always the police at fault. No acknowledgment of the fact that if rioters didn't riot, the Garda wouldn't been in a position to possibly get somethings wrong (I don't know if they did or they didn't), but SF sympathies lie with those who did wrong, not those who tried to prevent them.

I wonder if this had happened after Christmas, would there have been quite the same response? It certainly made for an opportunity to pick up free Christmas presents - except for those who like to read - but then Easons customers probably know the difference between right and wrong.

I spose there will always be some looking for an easy bit of looting, whether for pressies or not - you can get away with more by that than by shoplifting.

No doubt Shinners will support the crims though and blame it on society, as they are forced to shoplift because they don't have money for food after they've paid for their ciggies, booze, netflix, bookies, smartphone subscriptions etc.

The only difference between Sinn Fein justifying shoplifting north and south, is that the perps simply lift items from the shops down south, but up here for many years they justified the lifting of the whole shop using semtex and/or feriliser.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right