URC: Ulster Rugby v Edinburgh Rugby Sat 2nd Dec 17:15

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Re: URC: Ulster Rugby v Edinburgh Rugby Sat 2nd Dec 17:15

Post by HammerTime »

Seeing the team do a lap of honour after such a pathetic defeat is particularly galling. Laughing and joking taking selfies. I’m all for players mixing with fans and youngsters especially, but it gives off such a loser mentality. It simply wouldn’t happen at Leinster or Munster Rugby.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

HammerTime wrote:Seeing the team do a lap of honour after such a pathetic defeat is particularly galling. Laughing and joking taking selfies. I’m all for players mixing with fans and youngsters especially, but it gives off such a loser mentality. It simply wouldn’t happen at Leinster or Munster Rugby.
Damned if they do, damned if they don't. I've seen criticism of them online about not engaging with travelling supporters only recently. Connacht game I think.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Did anyone else see this “lap of honour”?

I must have blocked it out.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

I think it is fair enough to come down to the family stand and sign a few autographs. Some kids may only get to a single game and the chance to meet a player will mean a lot to them.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Has he gone yet?
Exterminate all rational thought
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:34 am Has he gone yet?
UR probably waiting until we get humped in Bath before dropping the axe on Monday morning, in a bid to increase ticket sales for us getting humped by Racing.
TheBoat
Novice

Post by TheBoat »

So It Is wrote:
UR probably waiting until we get humped in Bath before dropping the axe on Monday morning, in a bid to increase ticket sales for us getting humped by Racing.
Probably praying for a heavy frost to call the Racing game off.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

TheBoat wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:41 am
So It Is wrote:
Probably praying for a heavy frost to call the Racing game off.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Shocking lack of planning again, as they obviously didn't legislate for the 3G pitch :cheers: Petrie out :bounce: :flower:
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Gerald the Mole wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:42 pm The whole management structure has failed , time for JP to show he is not Logan in disguise, time to lead , like who allowed Bell to get anywhere near the team , average coaches allow the training culture to be poor , no leadership , Jesus they even brought in a Sports Psychologist and can’t get it right , by the way what’s Dans degree / PHD in , anyone know ?
I thought it was a degree in (Sports ) Psychology plus they also employed a Sports Psychologist two years ago on a crazy fee , if both of them can’t fix to “ lack of standards “ poor execution, then that says to me players don’t trust the management, coaching team, all I am hearing is excuse after excuse on how bad the players are ( that will help 🙄) when can we hear coaches taking some accountability! Back to Bell , he is the defence coach , and a poor one with a poor record , Glasgow found out very. Quickly just how poor why do we get average coaches , Bell has had more clubs than Rory McIlroy .
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Kofi Annan wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:10 am
Gerald the Mole wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:42 pm The whole management structure has failed , time for JP to show he is not Logan in disguise, time to lead , like who allowed Bell to get anywhere near the team , average coaches allow the training culture to be poor , no leadership , Jesus they even brought in a Sports Psychologist and can’t get it right , by the way what’s Dans degree / PHD in , anyone know ?
I thought it was a degree in (Sports ) Psychology plus they also employed a Sports Psychologist two years ago on a crazy fee , if both of them can’t fix to “ lack of standards “ poor execution, then that says to me players don’t trust the management, coaching team, all I am hearing is excuse after excuse on how bad the players are ( that will help 🙄) when can we hear coaches taking some accountability! Back to Bell , he is the defence coach , and a poor one with a poor record , Glasgow found out very. Quickly just how poor why do we get average coaches , Bell has had more clubs than Rory McIlroy .
Well said Kofi. I actually don't believe our squads that bad, bar a handful of filler we all know about. The sum being less than the parts is due to mediocre coaching