Bath v Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: Bath v Ulster

Post by rumncoke »

I said the ref was a" homer"

The penalty count was 11 penalties awarded to Bath TWO penalties awarded to Ulster

No team has ever played a game of rugby and only committed two penalty offences .

Do eleven penalty offences justify a red card and the Captain being spoken to twice . ?

Rugby is a game played in your head and there comes a point when you realise that regardless of how you play your not going to win Ulster reached that point with the referee about 60 minutes ( see captain being spoken to )in to the second half of the second half.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

rumncoke wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:17 am I said the ref was a" homer"

The penalty count was 11 penalties awarded to Bath TWO penalties awarded to Ulster

No team has ever played a game of rugby and only committed two penalty offences .

Do eleven penalty offences justify a red card and the Captain being spoken to twice . ?

Rugby is a game played in your head and there comes a point when you realise that regardless of how you play your not going to win Ulster reached that point with the referee about 60 minutes ( see captain being spoken to )in to the second half of the second half.
rum the ref had no bearing on that result.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

jean valjean wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:57 am Looking at the table, we will really struggle to make the top 4, given harlequins have won away from home and both them and Bath still have to play Cardiff.
Is 5th place and a drop into the challenge Cup the target now?
To be honest, I'd be very happy to take that - going into a competition that we have an outside chance of winning.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

thecrouch wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:11 pm
rumncoke wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:17 am I said the ref was a" homer"

rum the ref had no bearing on that result.
Agreed TC. UR shoulder the blame- couldn't argue with most/ any of his decisions. We were schooled.
Exterminate all rational thought
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

solidarity wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:01 pm
jean valjean wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:57 am Looking at the table, we will really struggle to make the top 4, given harlequins have won away from home and both them and Bath still have to play Cardiff.
To be honest, I'd be very happy to take that - going into a competition that we have an outside chance of winning.
Out in the Semi....
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:43 pm
solidarity wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:01 pm
Out in the Semi....
... probably.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Better than being out With a semi....
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

If you think that you have never played the game -- its hard to beat 16 and the fact is with less than 15 minutes to go Ulster were still with in a point of Bath until they lost a player to the bin.

The margin of defeat was the effect of the referee three trys were scored after the player was binned
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Horse15
Novice

Post by Horse15 »

rumncoke wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:52 am If you think that you have never played the game -- its hard to beat 16 and the fact is with less than 15 minutes to go Ulster were still with in a point of Bath until they lost a player to the bin.

The margin of defeat was the effect of the referee three trys were scored after the player was binned
Don’t agree - ref was fine and did u look at the passes for our try? Bath fans had same view on ref as you did. The yellow was warranted. Plenty of teams don’t shift 3 tries with a player down - no leadership and nobody dug deep.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:Better than being out With a semi....
Or out without a semi (Ireland at the WC)...
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
NoPayneNoGain
Novice

Post by NoPayneNoGain »

pip14 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:19 pm Anyone have Brian McLaughlins number?

Also Ewers, what a complete waste of money
Ewers a waste on money.... That aged well
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

It was never likely to.