Bath v Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Bath v Ulster

Post by pip14 »

Anyone have Brian McLaughlins number?

Also Ewers, what a complete waste of money
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Marco wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:16 pm Finn Russell post match interview, he could easily play another 80, BB injured, holding his arm (again). Physicality and fitness, worlds apart.
Burns is like that every game. It used to be his ankle which stopped him from goal kicking, now it’s his arm. Every. Single. Match

Good chance he’ll be back training this week!!
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Dave wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:11 pm
TheBoat wrote:
Dave wrote:Bye Dan Image
Are you paying to get rid of him?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
That's the tragic part isn't it. We can't afford it.
There is not a single journalist that would even ask McFarland if he was considering his position.
Who is getting blamed this week? It was training intensity last week. I'm guessing it's the pre-match warm up.
We can now add Grant to the list of coaches that should head for the exit.
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

Just a word about Bath, well deserved, great fans, nothing over the top, won absolutely fair and square, cracking wee ground. Imagine how good they'd be if they get a 3G pitch.....
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

jean valjean wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:15 pm For the try they ran in after the kick out on the full. Why was our defensive line 10m behind the scrum? Am I missing something for this to be the case?
Stockdale went into the scrum, so they were a man down in the backs and had to resort to a soft drift defense.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Bath have a 72 man squad, we have 44. Must have a fair bit of money around.

Interesting how many Welsh guys they have although not surprising, looking at the state of Welsh rugby at the minute.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

MightyRearranger wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:35 pm
jean valjean wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:15 pm For the try they ran in after the kick out on the full. Why was our defensive line 10m behind the scrum? Am I missing something for this to be the case?
Stockdale went into the scrum, so they were a man down in the backs and had to resort to a soft drift defense.
Was this after, according to Swiss Tony, we had gone down to 8 in the scrum :lol:
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

https://twitter.com/nickwebb2017/status ... ckwebb2017

Pretty grumpy.

Coaching may be poor, but the players need to also take accountability for their own performance levels too. Maybe the environment is a little too “comfortable.” Poor performances easily forgiven and forgotten. UR need a couple of nasty b@stards on and off the pitch.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Following two significant defeats and a draw for the Irish provinces, coupled with the likelihood of another loss tomorrow, the IRFU might find themselves under increased scrutiny. Their relatively unchallenged status could be coming to an end.

It’s got to get worse before it gets better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

In just one weekend, it's noticeable that all Irish provinces adopt a similar playing style, directly influenced by the national team.

There's a concern about becoming overly predictable, despite executing multi-phase shapes effectively in Ireland. The challenge arises when we can’t get go forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

Is he gone yet?

Utter tom kite. Bar 5mins before HT
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Big-al wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:20 pm
Marco wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:16 pm Finn Russell post match interview, he could easily play another 80, BB injured, holding his arm (again). Physicality and fitness, worlds apart.
Burns is like that every game. It used to be his ankle which stopped him from goal kicking, now it’s his arm. Every. Single. Match

Hilarious how you think that was Billy’s fault.

And how he was supposed to have been goal kicking???

I thought Ulsterman were supposed to be able to handle their drink.

Most of the one away game a season brigade were blocked before the game started and I spent the latter part of this evening trying to stop us getting thrown out of the pub.

And none of them had drunk as much as I had.

The Bath fans were sound though, especially that girl who liked stroking my hair.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

justinr73 wrote:
Big-al wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:20 pm

Hilarious how you think that was Billy’s fault.

And how he was supposed to have been goal kicking???

I thought Ulsterman were supposed to be able to handle their drink.

Most of the one away game a season brigade were blocked before the game started and I spent the latter part of this evening trying to stop us getting thrown out of the pub.

And none of them had drunk as much as I had.

The Bath fans were sound though, especially that girl who liked stroking my hair.
Stroked your what.......oh ok hair.

Safe home, mate.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

Sobering stat: in the last two away games against English teams, Sale and Bath, exactly one year apart, Ulster lost cumulatively by 76-14. Split this up between the four halves, we won one 8-14, and lost the other three by a cumulative score of 68-0, Romanian level losses. Really hard to see any progression in the intervening 52 weeks of coaching, although at least the effort could not be questioned against Bath yesterday. Also noting the European URC teams are taking a pasting (up to Saturday evening at least). Is it a blip or just a sign that the Fr and Eng teams are taking the tournament seriously now?
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Marco wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:58 am Sobering stat: in the last two away games against English teams, Sale and Bath, exactly one year apart, Ulster lost cumulatively by 76-14. Split this up between the four halves, we won one 8-14, and lost the other three by a cumulative score of 68-0, Romanian level losses. Really hard to see any progression in the intervening 52 weeks of coaching, although at least the effort could not be questioned against Bath yesterday. Also noting the European URC teams are taking a pasting (up to Saturday evening at least). Is it a blip or just a sign that the Fr and Eng teams are taking the tournament seriously now?
The English took Europe seriously in the past, they named there strongest available sides, but just weren’t good enough.
Don’t fall into that trap that they’ve come out with in the past.