Dan’s Not the Man.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Seagull
Novice

Dan’s Not the Man.

Post by Seagull »

We’re all agreed, Dan’s had time, but every week we hear the same “we must learn from our mistakes and move on”
Looked back and found same comment from him on 2019 defeat to Glasgow.
It’s pointless moaning to each other on a closed forum or WhatsApp group, message isn’t getting to where it needs to.
Use social media and tag Jonny Petrie in your comments or e-mail standup@ulsterrugby.com.
Times have moved on - I was one of a number of disgruntled supporters who unveiled a banner on 22/04/2018 at Ravenhill saying Logan Out after his promised World Dominance failed, someone noticed.
Social media can deliver such a message directly to the man in charge without threat of being evicted from ground by Eventsec as I narrowly avoided.
So #jonnypetrie to make your opinion count.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Re: Dan’s Not the Man.

Post by HammerTime »

We’re probably too nice as supporters to our own players/coaching staff. I’m all for getting behind the organisation through thick and thin but If they’re not cutting it (which they aren’t) it needs to be put to them at matches that it’s not good enough. No doubt after another defeat this Saturday night there’ll be laps of honour, selfies with the crowd, laughing and joking with friends and family in the stands and clapped off the pitch for their efforts. Fk that. (Nb. If it is to be a defeat but they’ve thrown the kitchen sink at them for 80mins then this negates a fair bit of this post)
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Perhaps hwm could lend some 2nd hand bed sheets for the cause? They are needed back by 11.30pm though. Alternatively he has a broken fridge that someone could write a message on. 'Dan out' is only 6 letters.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

danout.jpg
danout.jpg (9.42 KiB) Viewed 23985 times
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

HammerTime wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:57 am We’re probably too nice as supporters to our own players/coaching staff.
I wonder if Mark McCall has any thoughts on that.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

I'm not saying its the case, but if Dan is to be replaced mid-season you'd ideally want to have a replacement at least sounded out before any announcement is made, rather than having updates on one of our famous 'World wide searches' acting as a distraction for every match remaining this season. There's also a good chance that anyone found might not be immediately available. There is a chance that Petrie is already looking, though cost is obviously a massive barrier.

The first name that comes to my mind in terms of who I'd like to see is Conor O'Shea. A decent head coach in his own right, but also very active in youth development. He's currently on charge of that for the RFU and was the one who set up the youth systems in Italy when in charge there.
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

Where did Deccie and Les end up going?
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

MightyRearranger wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:18 pm
HammerTime wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:57 am We’re probably too nice as supporters to our own players/coaching staff.
When have you ever heard an Ulster team properly booed off the pitch?? Never. And boy they have deserved it on many an occasion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

We should get some big foam hands and do a thumbs down with them. That will chasten them.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

HammerTime wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:04 pm
When have you ever heard an Ulster team properly booed off the pitch?? Never. And boy they have deserved it on many an occasion.
In McCalls time- abuse was shocking
Exterminate all rational thought
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Barge pole, sh#tty stick etc... Unless Wavey Davey gave McCall full backing to restructure, get his own people in and get the funding he's enjoyed at Sorries, why would he do us a favour MR? UR didn't back him previously and many players/ fans tried to destroy him early in his career, when there was no truer, loyal Ulsterman.

I fear Munsters winning of the URC dilutes FIRFUs need to sort us out ( welcome as it was). A full dependency on the natural cycle at Leinster can't sustain the Ireland team. Munster got them another talent stream and we will be left to languish in our own muck- sure if a few Nordies add to squad depth, great, just like Connacht ..
How embarrassing, gi en recent history we are reliant on them again and again and again... The prodigal province that struggles to get a grip
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

As depressing a thread as we've had for a while.

Fair enough.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:50 pm
Barge pole, sh#tty stick etc... Unless Wavey Davey gave McCall full backing to restructure, get his own people in and get the funding he's enjoyed at Sorries, why would he do us a favour MR? UR didn't back him previously and many players/ fans tried to destroy him early in his career, when there was no truer, loyal Ulsterman.

I fear Munsters winning of the URC dilutes FIRFUs need to sort us out ( welcome as it was). A full dependency on the natural cycle at Leinster can't sustain the Ireland team. Munster got them another talent stream and we will be left to languish in our own muck- sure if a few Nordies add to squad depth, great, just like Connacht ..
How embarrassing, gi en recent history we are reliant on them again and again and again... The prodigal province that struggles to get a grip
I don't think Mark McCall would be interested, was just mentioning it as a counter to the notion that Ulster fans were 'too nice'. The team were booed off the pitch during that era and some of the (personal) abuse and threats which McCall were subjected to personally were outrageous.

i don't think booing, or general hostility to the players and coach are going to make the situation any better and in general I'm not a fan of it. I don't know McFarland, or have anything against him personally and from the outside it looked like he did a very good job over his first couple of years. Something has clearly gone wrong lately and the time has come I think we'd be better served looking elsewhere.

Similarly I don't think for the most part that there's a lack of passion or commitment from the majority of the squad, using Cooney as an example who's not been playing well, his frustration last week shows what it means to him. Some of our players individually have also been playing quite well, but the cohesion and belief seem to be lacking.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

MightyRearranger wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:11 pm

I don't think Mark McCall would be interested, was just mentioning it as a counter to the notion that Ulster fans were 'too nice'. The team were booed off the pitch during that era and some of the (personal) abuse and threats which McCall were subjected to personally were outrageous.

i don't think booing, or general hostility to the players and coach are going to make the situation any better and in general I'm not a fan of it. I don't know McFarland, or have anything against him personally and from the outside it looked like he did a very good job over his first couple of years. Something has clearly gone wrong lately and the time has come I think we'd be better served looking elsewhere.

Similarly I don't think for the most part that there's a lack of passion or commitment from the majority of the squad, using Cooney as an example who's not been playing well, his frustration last week shows what it means to him. Some of our players individually have also been playing quite well, but the cohesion and belief seem to be lacking.
Agree with all of that MR.
Pity about McCall - if he hadn't been treated so badly, maybe just maybe..
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

MightyRearranger wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:11 pm

No-one is advocating any sort of abuse. If a team puts in a disgusting performance I would have nothing against the fans showing them a certain level of dissatisfaction. It's nothing personal and they're big boys at the end of the day. Take the rough with the smooth. It would be the crowd voicing a swift boot up the hole towards them. I remember the McCall shenanigans and that was way be beyond what I'm suggesting and was quite frankly embarrassing. I'd love to see him back but doubt he would.