Ulster v Connacht

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Marco
Novice

Re: Ulster v Connacht

Post by Marco »

Watching some of the clips from the great JPR’s career, one tackle stood out. Wales v France, last few minutes, France pass ball to huge flanker, flying down the touchline, 5 metres to go at full pelt, unstoppable…except JPR just sythed him into touch, the proverbial rock. Made me think of the god awful attempts by Baloucoune and Addison to tackle Hurly-Langdon. Ridiculous of course to compare any club payers with arguably the best ever full back to play the game, but they could do worse than replay this….

https://youtu.be/KXY6Wfk0Vyg?si=5FK5hCtkVhJNRMo_
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

:cheers:
Bob needs to work on defence if he has any international aspirations or indeed to keep his place on the team. I remember seeing him beaten on the outside on a few other occasions.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Marco wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:17 am Watching some of the clips from the great JPR’s career, one tackle stood out. Wales v France, last few minutes, France pass ball to huge flanker, flying down the touchline, 5 metres to go at full pelt, unstoppable…except JPR just sythed him into touch, the proverbial rock. Made me think of the god awful attempts by Baloucoune and Addison to tackle Hurly-Langdon. Ridiculous of course to compare any club payers with arguably the best ever full back to play the game, but they could do worse than replay this….

https://youtu.be/KXY6Wfk0Vyg?si=5FK5hCtkVhJNRMo_
Pen try and a card these days!

Can't imagine our boys running the length of the pitch to assault a saffer lock either :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall