Team for Dragoons

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Team for Dragoons

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Given the current precipitous situation, out of form "stars" injuries, the banished etc.. any guesses for the Dragons game, as each game from now on is must win and we need to blow rust etc?

Me:

SK TS TOT ( Will he be released?)
Sheridan Issy
Ewers? McCann NT
Doak/ Cooney
JF
Luke
Hume
JS
RB
WA

Subs:
AW- feck Eric
McCormick- Andrews been poor and we need to blood him
Wilson
Marcus
Matty Rea sadly as I don't know if we have any fit locks? Treaders, Hendo, AOC?
Postlethwaite
Cooney/ Doak
BB or One of the squad backs who we never see?

Unknowns- injuries, Dan's exiles
BB on the bench as we are paying him.

Assuming S & M Moore, Lowry, Treaders, AOC, Hendo, Herring et Al still injured and McCloskey unavailable on bench warming cover
Exterminate all rational thought
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: Team for Dragoons

Post by Bart S »

Assuming the unavailable and injured as per your post I'd make 3 changes to the starting xv :-

Postlethwaite at 12 instead of Luke
Marcus ahead of Ewers
McIlroy at fullback

These are assuming Marshall, Ewers and Addison are leaving
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Not the strongest starting xv available but should be enough to beat The Dragons comfortably
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

Is Murphy officially in charge for this one?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

No.

Soper.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

I'm expecting a bit of an immediate boost in performances the next few fixtures anyway, if McFarland really was the issue then it's up to the players to demonstrate that.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

It’s the Dragons minus their internationals.

If we can’t secure an impressive bonus point win against that lot then we really are doomed.

It will be interesting to see how we play though.

I’m struggling to understand how McFarland stopped the players from catching the ball, tackling the opposition, throwing a lineout straight and pushing hard enough in a scrum and, indeed, why he would want to.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

thecrouch wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:23 am I'm expecting a bit of an immediate boost in performances the next few fixtures anyway, if McFarland really was the issue then it's up to the players to demonstrate that.
Dead cat bounce lol- I suspect it may be more than just DF sadly
Exterminate all rational thought
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:31 am It’s the Dragons minus their internationals.

If we can’t secure an impressive bonus point win against that lot then we really are doomed.

I’m struggling to understand how McFarland stopped the players from catching the ball, tackling the opposition, throwing a lineout straight and pushing hard enough in a scrum and, indeed, why he would want to.
In the previous round between 6N games, Dragons were missing 21 players between internationals + injuries. They had to name a third hooker in that squad to cover backrow.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ulster v Dragons RFC
Kingspan Stadium, Ulster – KO 19.35 IRE & UK / 20.35 ITA / 21.35 SA
Referee: Gianluca Gnecchi (FIR, 29th league game)
AR 1: Frank Murphy (IRFU) AR 2: Andrew Fogarty (IRFU)
TMO: Matteo Liperini (FIR)
Live on: Viaplay, Premier Sports, SuperSport, Flo Rugby & [URC.tv]
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Excellent.

I can use my ‘Wind your Gnecchi in’ gag again.

Maybe someone will laugh this time.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

justinr73 wrote:It’s the Dragons minus their internationals.

I don't know but here's a theory: Tension in the body. It's the scourge of sports men and women all over the world. Every sport. It's what separates the those who have the talent and those who have the talent but additionally can perform under pressure. In an ideal world you would only have world class individuals. One major impact on tension is thinking or to be more specific, negative thinking. Thinking creates a delay, causing doubt/fear/anxiety and as a result muscle tension. It is preferable to use the increase in emotion to keep focus external by heightening the senses. To engage in a state of flow where the player is spontaneously interacting with the situation around him. A big factor in enabling flow is the reduction of decision fatigue. Making decisions is cognitively taxing, thus a drain on energy, the player is potentially achieving suboptimal oxygenation when performing the task (catching, passing, kicking etc). This player will make more mistakes. The coaches role can be, in terms of providing clear instructions and philosophy to reduce in-game uncertainty over decision making. Players have to buy into this playing style. The coach has to be able to communicate the message. After 6 years this becomes more difficult for a variety of factors. Dan is nearly a great coach. He has nearly won trophies. The nearly won trophy cabinet is nearly fun.

In our scenario we need someone who the players will respond to and buy into the playing style/philosophy. We can't replace all the players unfortunately. We need a details guy. Joe Schmidt left no player uncertain as to his role on the pitch, what was expected at a given scenario.. we can't afford a Joe. The shouty Brexit coach will only get you so far.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Bloody hell Dave.

Did you have three Shredded Wheat for breakfast this morning?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

justinr73 wrote:Bloody hell Dave.

Did you have three Shredded Wheat for breakfast this morning?
ImageImageImage

I'm allowed one half decent post a year.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
horslips
Novice

Post by horslips »

Dave

Are you playing with chatGPT.... just askin for a friend
STO SURSUM PRO ULSTERMEN