Stormers v Ulster Saturday March 30th 5:15pm Viaplay Sports

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Stormers v Ulster Saturday March 30th 5:15pm Viaplay Sports

Post by justinr73 »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:57 pm Kitshoff going in agreement with UR- Confirmed by Irish Times.....
So that’s game time for TOT at loosehead and Doak playing 10, both at the behest of, or in consultation with, Farrell.

It may just be coincidence but Big Stu was packing down at flanker on Saturday……!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:37 pm
Neill_M wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:40 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:37 pm
Neill_M wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:29 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:14 pm
Sham, agreed, but SK has been little of what we need. And
Reids not the answer.
That's why I said money from SK well invested. A quality LH who is not going to be called up.
SK afaik has shown little or no leadership despite being a double RWC Bok and Stormers Cap'n.
All this chat re SK leaving and reinvesting the cash to improve other parts of the squad. This assumes that Ulster are actually the ones paying him. I have read on Facebook that NIQ players in Ireland are paid direct by the IRFU from a separate pot.
True but it also assumes FIRFU are serious in supporting us rebuilding sensibly, as much of our revenue- gate receipts etc goes back to them and is redistributed around the Provinces. For £500k per year, we can get at least a decent LH and non international, EPCR standard10, which is what we need.
We seemingly have nothing of either in the current academy/ squad (AW aside) who aren't a few years off at least, if at all, unless there's another Wilson waiting to bolt? Is James Humphreys the new PJ?
Kitshoff on more than £500k apparently. I heard £2 Million over the 3 years.
Correct Neill. The Stormers offer is 400k per season, which is what they offered Kitschoff to stay originally, the player is happy to stay here, not going to move for a pay cut.... so any deal with Stormers would mean Ulster would have to pay circa 267k per season for a player no longer on their books to top his salary.
Ulster would be paying £0 if he rejoined the Stormers at £400k, and they/IRFU would get compensation for the 2 years.

Apparently the IRFU cover the first £350k of a NIQ deal and then the province or a third party pay the rest.

If the Stormers want him, they need to break his deal and pay the necessary cash like the Bulls did.

Not even Ulster would pay the salary of a player not on their books, it is only in football that a manager then gets sacked and gets money for being bad at his job!
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Neill_M wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:10 pm
Neill_M wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:29 pm

All this chat re SK leaving and reinvesting the cash to improve other parts of the squad. This assumes that Ulster are actually the ones paying him. I have read on Facebook that NIQ players in Ireland are paid direct by the IRFU from a separate pot.
True but it also assumes FIRFU are serious in supporting us rebuilding sensibly, as much of our revenue- gate receipts etc goes back to them and is redistributed around the Provinces. For £500k per year, we can get at least a decent LH and non international, EPCR standard10, which is what we need.
We seemingly have nothing of either in the current academy/ squad (AW aside) who aren't a few years off at least, if at all, unless there's another Wilson waiting to bolt? Is James Humphreys the new PJ?
Correct Neill. The Stormers offer is 400k per season, which is what they offered Kitschoff to stay originally, the player is happy to stay here, not going to move for a pay cut.... so any deal with Stormers would mean Ulster would have to pay circa 267k per season for a player no longer on their books to top his salary.
Ulster would be paying £0 if he rejoined the Stormers at £400k, and they/IRFU would get compensation for the 2 years.

Apparently the IRFU cover the first £350k of a NIQ deal and then the province or a third party pay the rest.

If the Stormers want him, they need to break his deal and pay the necessary cash like the Bulls did.

Not even Ulster would pay the salary of a player not on their books, it is only in football that a manager then gets sacked and gets money for being bad at his job!
Its not Stormers / Kitschoff pushing it, I believe its ourselves. I hope your version is the case.

Is Kitschoff currently the highest paid loosehead in the world?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:15 pm

Its not Stormers / Kitschoff pushing it, I believe its ourselves. I hope your version is the case.

Fair chance, his salary is massive. For reference, Owen Farrell will be getting £685k at Racing 92 next season.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

We’re not really in a position to push anything when the guy has two years left on a fortune.

Thornley doesn’t provide many details in the IT but the suggestion, if any, is that they’ve mutually agreed to tear up the contract at the end of the season.

Does this mean we’re now on the phone to either Marty or Eric’s agent (or both) and saying you can stay after all?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Is ther anything UR can't make a pig's ear of?

Or, puttinhg it another way, does anything exist out of which UR cannot mke the ear of a pig?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

solidarity wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:19 pm Is ther anything UR can't make a pig's ear of?

Or, puttinhg it another way, does anything exist out of which UR cannot mke the ear of a pig?
Silk purse
Exterminate all rational thought
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:56 pm

We’re not really in a position to push anything when the guy has two years left on a fortune.

Thornley doesn’t provide many details in the IT but the suggestion, if any, is that they’ve mutually agreed to tear up the contract at the end of the season.

Does this mean we’re now on the phone to either Marty or Eric’s agent (or both) and saying you can stay after all?
Mutually agreeing a contract termination and both parties walk away is one thing, actually paying for part of his Stormers deal so his contract is at the same level as this season when they are short of cash.....😬
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

So SK offski.

What does that leave? Not enough to cover at a decent level required;
LH: AW, CR, Boyd jr?
TH: MM, TOT, SW

TOT to loose leaves only MM & SW at TH- one of which is disastrously injury prone and unfit. The other a rookie with potential

LH: TOT? AW and Reid. TOT holding FIRFU bags and we're left with a 32yo Yeoman and Reid who is not a front line LH. Boyd only 20 and wholly untested.

Not good enough for even lower URC level
Exterminate all rational thought
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Neill_M wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:30 pm

Mutually agreeing a contract termination and both parties walk away is one thing, actually paying for part of his Stormers deal so his contract is at the same level as this season when they are short of cash.....😬
I can’t bring myself to believe that’s a realistic possibility mate!

I’m sure SK would be willing to kiss goodbye to a few quid to leave this fecking rain behind.

In saying that, Sunday lived up to its name for a change and we had a pleasant walk along the coast at Whitehead!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:51 pm
Neill_M wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:30 pm

I can’t bring myself to believe that’s a realistic possibility mate!

I’m sure SK would be willing to kiss goodbye to a few quid to leave this fecking rain behind.

In saying that, Sunday lived up to its name for a change and we had a pleasant walk along the coast at Whitehead!
This is Ulster Rugby we are talking, nothing would surprise me anymore.